Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Re-sign Boyd
(07-23-2019, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:
Also sends a positive message to some of the other younger players that if you work hard and prove your worth, The Bengals WILL pay you.
  Of course we've seen that time and again with the Andy, AJ, Geno, and Carlos group of core stars, but Tyler Boyd marks the first of the newer generation of Bengal stars to get what I would call a really nice contract.

Great point. Let's hope others step up and earn a big contract in coming years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 05:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great point. Let's hope others step up and earn a big contract in coming years

I know that myself, along with many others, have really been down on John Ross.  Let's not forget that he still has 3 years with which to prove himself worthy of a big deal.  Prior to that, we'll have WJ III, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, and Vigil all with rookie deals expiring.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Holy crap we retained our 2nd receiver. Has to be the first time since Housh.
Reply/Quote
We're about to have a lot of money tied up at WR, but I'm definitely glad to have Boyd locked up. He certainly earned it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Also sends a positive message to some of the other younger players that if you work hard and prove your worth, The Bengals WILL pay you.  Of course we've seen that time and again with the Andy, AJ, Geno, and Carlos group of core stars, but Tyler Boyd marks the first of the newer generation of Bengal stars to get what I would call a really nice contract.

Not only will they pay you, they will generally honor the contract. I remember people on here screaming that Leon Hall should take a pay cut toward the end.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Take that Browns fans
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036640/article/projecting-the-top-10-slot-receivers-for-the-2019-nfl-season

Boyd picked higher than Landry as better slot receiver

If AJ is equal to Beckham (I think he is), then Browns skill guys have nothing on Bengals heading into 2019
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Now Green for 3 at least

Would rather wait and see how his toe injury has healed. Forty million + for a injured player would be disaster. Even if it is the Bengal's  premier player of the last decade 
Reply/Quote
Cracking a beer in celebration. Damnit, I was gonna quit drinking today. Oh well, “Who Dey!” Cheers

Reply/Quote
This is awesome! Nice job FO.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 08:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Cracking a beer in celebration. Damnit, I was gonna quit drinking today. Oh well, “Who Dey!” Cheers

Dude, I've never known you to be a quitter.  The day you quit beer, you might as well quit the Bengals, quit loving your wife, heck might as well just quit livin'...   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is a great morale boost! Sweet!
Reply/Quote
This is a good signing,love it !
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 08:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Cracking a beer in celebration. Damnit, I was gonna quit drinking today. Oh well, “Who Dey!” Cheers

I was trying to cut back, but yeah, I have been partaking myself Harley brother! Who Dey!  Jerry Drunk
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 08:39 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Would rather wait and see how his toe injury has healed. Forty million + for a injured player would be disaster. Even if it is the Bengal's  premier player of the last decade 

Just watched the Boyd presser and he was asked about AJ and he stated that AJ was happy for him and that AJ was keeping tabs with him because as Boyd said "he (AJ) was getting his contract fixed up as well"...sounds like AJ contract in the next couple days
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that myself, along with many others, have really been down on John Ross.  Let's not forget that he still has 3 years with which to prove himself worthy of a big deal.  Prior to that, we'll have WJ III, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, and Vigil all with rookie deals expiring.

If Ross doesn't do much again this year I don't see the team exercising its 5th year option and we'll be looking for someone else for that role in the next draft, if one of the other young guys doesn't step up. I also don't see the team cutting him if he pays poorly either. They'll put him on the pine like they did Ogbuehi.

WJ III will command top dollar. Billings could be an economical re-sign, IMO.

Is Vigil worth keeping at a higher salary or are we better off drafting more LBers? I vote to draft young faster LBers.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 03:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We're NOT rebuilding.

You can rebuild on the fly, which is more accurately retooling.  You don't tear it down if you're only a few players away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It would be hard to find a downside to this deal. Things do go right for the Bengals on occasion! A short extension fo AJ is probably next with fingers crossed that he won’t become a football Joey Votto.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 04:28 PM)HuDey Wrote: We should strongly consider doing so while Boyd and Mixon are still young and hungry.

Just add to what you already have.  

This year you see what you have and, consequently, what you need, adopt a new way of doing things. 

This season could start out rough and if it does, a lot of people will get pissed and write Zac Taylor off.  But even if it starts out shaky, it will end well and by next year, we will be formidable.  Could even happen by the end of this year. 

That can't happen if you go for an unnecessary rebuild.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 03:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We're NOT rebuilding.

(07-23-2019, 11:20 PM)McC Wrote: You can rebuild on the fly, which is more accurately retooling.  You don't tear it down if you're only a few players away.

Some fans forget that the Bengals were the youngest roster in the NFL going into 2018...when they say rebuild they only think of the QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Glad to hear it! Now get AJ signed. If they dick around like they did with Whit, I'm going to be pissed.
Reply/Quote