Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Reportedly Signing WR- Rashaun Simonise
Okay, maybe I phrased it wrong.

Nobody at OTA's was anything other than what was expected. And IMO, that means they are looking for more from the WR spot.

Good news...it's July.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 06:43 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Okay, maybe I phrased it wrong.

Nobody at OTA's was anything other than what was expected.  And IMO, that means they are looking for more from the WR spot.

Good news...it's July.

Better than picking up a TE imo. That would be a really bad sign.

The WR depth is weak on the outside after Green and Lafell, I think they wanted a taller guy for insurance at that specific position.
Reply/Quote
If receivers didn't impress we would've signed Bouldin.

Or..we could get even smarter and Make Roddy White a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 06:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like his name, sounds like a fancy dish I would eat in Europe.

It reminds me of a car wax.
Ninja

[Image: test-600x400.jpg]

So..... maybe he will wax some DBs asses.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we should sign him to the roster to prevent someone else from signing him.

He's raw, but he's a tall (6'5) athlete that's a long strider and you can't teach that.

He's also a very willing blocker.

I'd love to have him on the outside with AJ on the other side and say "run deep" because which one do you double? If you double both, it opens up everything underneath for Eifert (or even posts with Eifert) and whoever our #3 receiver is.

He could do some damage for us in the red zone- line him and AJ up on the outside and choose which one you want to throw a jump ball to.

I'm NOT saying that he'll be this good, but he reminds me of a Randy Moss-type deep threat where you can just say "run deep" and throw passes deep to him, especially with AJ on the other side.

I like it, especially with a little development ThumbsUp

You said this same stuff about double TE's.....Madden does not always translate to NFL.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 08:50 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: You said this same stuff about double TE's.....Madden does not always translate to NFL.

And it would work.

It's proven in examples that I give, not Madden.  In fact, I've never used these strategies in Madden (actually haven't even played it in years, either).

Proven NFL football strategies translate to NFL football strategies.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a floor wax to me. I don't want to make a judgement too quick, but the times seem questionable and I don't think the clips looked that great either. Give it a little time, though
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And it would work.

It's proven in examples that I give, not Madden.  In fact, I've never used these strategies in Madden (actually haven't even played it in years, either).

Strategies..  It's tough, in this day and age, to "invent" a new one that hasn't already been tried, at some point in the history of football.  Remember the year that Miami was killing the league with the wildcat?  And then, once NFL DCs had some film, it was quickly neutralized.  Fact is that it really was nothing new, more like just "old time" football, that was being reintroduced into the modern game.  In modern times, there isn't really a single thing "new" that could be drawn up, that hasn't already been tried somewhere, at some point in time.

However, the one thing that proves true, time and time again, is the ability to adapt one's strategy to maximize the potential of the abilities of the players that one has available, at any given time, is the measure of success when it comes to coaching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And it would work.

18 years ago two HOF WRs were really good, so all the Bengals need to do is get 2 HOF WRs on the team at the same time.  Strategy at it's finest.

Hell, I guess Moss was a 1st round pick and Carter was a supplemental guy with big question marks SO we could be on the precipice of greatness with Green and Simonized. Actually Moss was also a giant d-bag, so I'm not sure if we should be looking for diva pain in the ass WRs or not.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 18 years ago two HOF WRs were really good, so all the Bengals need to do is get 2 HOF WRs on the team at the same time.  Strategy at it's finest.

Hell, I guess Moss was a 1st round pick and Carter was a supplemental guy with big question marks SO we could be on the precipice of greatness with Green and Simonized.  Actually Moss was also a giant d-bag, so I'm not sure if we should be looking for diva pain in the ass WRs or not.

Rolleyes

Impossible to have discussions with some people because they take things to the extreme and act like something proposed is completely outrageous.  They quit debating things and just start throwing out lame insults and provide ridiculous examples to draw the attention off the fact that they have no point.

I'm not saying that Simonise will be a HoF guy, but he could be very productive as a deep threat, especially if he keeps developing.

Furthermore, we already have our first round WR and he's not a diva, so your entire second paragraph is just another example of you throwing out garbage instead of bringing anything real to the discussion.

Simonize might turn out to be nothing, but he has the potential to be a good receiver, specifically a deep threat, and putting him on the field opposite of AJ would give defenses nightmares.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes

Impossible to have discussions with some people because they take things to the extreme and act like something proposed is completely outrageous.  They quit debating things and just start throwing out lame insults and provide ridiculous examples to draw the attention off the fact that they have no point.

Hey now, you're the one who said having two deep threats is impossible to stop and then you off-handedly rattled off 2 HOF WRs from 18 years ago as evidence to support your point.  You're the first one to start talking in extremes here, so don't act like I'm the one who threw this debate into the realm of fantasy!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like size, speed and talent and he can adjust to the ball well.

Sounds good but i doubt we see anything of him this year. Different name for sure.

If he is bigger and better than Alonzo Russell i love it. High hopes for that guys as well.

TC should be fun and the Preseason...
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey now, you're the one who said having two deep threats is impossible to stop and then you off-handedly rattled off 2 HOF WRs from 18 years ago as evidence to support your point.  You're the first one to start talking in extremes here, so don't act like I'm the one who threw this debate into the realm of fantasy!
It's two wide receivers that are tall, can run, and can go get the ball.  Those types of receivers don't come around too often, and it's not about being HoF talent, it's about ability.  

You've yet to show me how two deep threats like AJ and a 6'5 receiver with speed that can adjust to the ball like Simonise will be stopped, especially if he keeps developing.

Receivers with that kind of size and ability don't end up on the same team too often.

If he's used properly, it will be impossible to stop.
(07-14-2016, 10:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like size, speed and talent and he can adjust to the ball well.

Sounds good but i doubt we see anything of him this year. Different name for sure.

If he is bigger and better than Alonzo Russell i love it. High hopes for that guys as well.

TC should be fun and the Preseason...

Yep.

We'll at least get to see if he has any potential.
Reply/Quote
His height is impressive should create some mismatches. Like his chances catching high floaters over DB's in the corner of the endzone as we seem to like that play a lot.

We'll see.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 11:44 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: His height is impressive should create some mismatches. Like his chances catching high floaters over DB's in the corner of the endzone as we seem to like that play a lot.

We'll see.

Don't tell Nately that because 6'5 receivers are easy to defend, even when you have one of the best receivers in the game opposite of him  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:21 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It also means that the reports from OTA's were probably true.  The organization wasn't impressed with a single WR not-named AJ Green, at least that they feel sure of anything on this WR corp outside of him.

Who is ? 

Hoping they emerge as viable options but the holes left by Marvin and Sanu will be a tough fill. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Can we stop acting like finding a tall athletic receiver is hard these days lol.

6'5, fast and good hands should be the fricken norm!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 11:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You've yet to show me how two deep threats like AJ and a 6'5 receiver with speed that can adjust to the ball like Simonise will be stopped, especially if he keeps developing.

I will bet my left testicle that if the Bengals suit up AJ Green and this Simonise kid that opposing NFL defenses will show you how to stop them.  That's what NFL defenses do...they stop NFL offenses.  Perhaps I'm overstating your case here, but you really seem to think that the Bengals just figured out some super unbeatable secret that the rest of the NFL just never thought of.

AJ Green plus 6'5 guy = unstoppable

It can't be that easy, but I sure hope it is.  Lord known AJ Green plus Jerome Simpson/Armon Binns/Denarius Moore/Wright or Alford or whomever was supposed to be "uncoverable" too.  That word gets tossed around every off-season, and mostly with a WR who does jack squat, but this could be the year, I guess.  I guess the fact that this guy is 6'5 makes him different.

(07-15-2016, 12:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't tell Nately that because 6'5 receivers are easy to defend, even when you have one of the best receivers in the game opposite of him  ThumbsUp

Hmm, I don't recall saying "6'5 receivers are easy to defend" but I can see why you'd feel compelled to make stuff up!
Reply/Quote
Man, get enough tall athletic receivers and your offense will be unstoppable. Check out the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!! Oh wait....
Reply/Quote
I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make the practice squad.
Reply/Quote