Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Reportedly Signing WR- Rashaun Simonise
(07-15-2016, 03:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Can we see if the guy is any good before we label him anything.

The guy didn't just materialize last week, he's been seen and passed over by everyone until now.  Not saying he can't be good, but he's hardly the unknown commodity people make him out to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy didn't just materialize last week, he's been seen and passed over by everyone until now.  Not saying he can't be good, but he's hardly the unknown commodity people make him out to be.

well he wasn't even an option till the supplemental draft... so im not sure how everyone passed over him till now.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns have Terrel Pryor who is 6'4 and one of the fastest players in the NFL at WR.  My god, if any of the WRs they took in the draft are any good we are going to be done for! Ninja

Two WRs running down the field...go ahead, figure THAT one out, NFL!

Also, the Steelers have Antonio Brown and a WR who is 6'6, so I suspect we will be bracing ourselves to get curb-stomped by their offense, as well.

Antonio is too short. If they were smart they'd cut him for another tall fast guy  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well he wasn't even an option till the supplemental draft... so im not sure how everyone passed over him till now.

In the supplemental draft every team can put a bid in for him, none did. In other words everyone passed on him.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 08:49 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Running straight down the field doesn't require making a break.  

Even if it did, which I know he'll have to learn more routes, it's not that difficult to teach someone to lower drop their hips, plant, and turn/stop/break.

He was in the CFL because he went to the University of Calgary and is only 22.

And what do you mean "with no one on him"?  Those highlights were from games.

Simonise didn't play in the CFL. He's coming straight from University of Calgary.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Simonise didn't play in the CFL. He's coming straight from University of Calgary.

He had a couple stops in some arena leagues before getting here.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 02:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: One was drafted in the 6th of the real draft. One was not even drafted in the supplemental draft after everyone has seen their own rosters and know where they have holes. Bohringer is the better more polished prospect and it isn't even close.

Mellow Mellow Mellow

Have you even watched or read a report of the Minnesota OTAs?

He was the worst player on the field on O or D, by a LARGE margin.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mellow Mellow Mellow

Have you even watched or read a report of the Minnesota OTAs?

He was the worst player on the field on O or D, by a LARGE margin.

Yes, but he is by a large margin better than THIS guy who has very little route running skills and can't beat press.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: In the supplemental draft every team can put a bid in for him, none did. In other words everyone passed on him.

Yeah yesterday but the supplemental draft is rarely used. he wasn't available till then.. and was signed immediately afterwards.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah yesterday but the supplemental draft is rarely used. he wasn't available till then.. and was signed immediately afterwards.

It's rarely sued because the talent is rarely worth using picks on. He  is projected as the same talent level as any other undrafted FA.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 06:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like his name, sounds like a fancy dish I would eat in Europe.

Simoniz!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Dude is 6'5, 190lbs... even if he gets into a game, a safety will break him in half on the first tackle. I look forward to about 9 or 10 articles from Hobspin on how he's the next coming of Jerry Rice or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy didn't just materialize last week, he's been seen and passed over by everyone until now.  Not saying he can't be good, but he's hardly the unknown commodity people make him out to be.
Wasn't the draft yesterday?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We need to line this guy up across from Usain Bolt and start building the trophy case for our Lombaris.  I'm also working on signing a 1000lb man to play as the goalie for the Quebec Nordiques.  The guy takes up the whole goal, so good luck scoring on him!

(07-15-2016, 08:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Wasn't the draft yesterday?

I think the draft was like 3 months ago.
Reply/Quote
We already have Kumerow. He is a better fit. Knows the system and by accounts has been impressive in TC

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 10:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We need to line this guy up across from Usain Bolt and start building the trophy case for our Lombaris.  I'm also working on signing a 1000lb man to play as the goalie for the Quebec Nordiques.  The guy takes up the whole goal, so good luck scoring on him!

I think the draft was like 3 months ago.
Supplemental draft smartass
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 12:00 AM)J24 Wrote: Supplemental draft smartass

Oh, I thought you mean the draft that people actually give a crap about and the one where players are...you know...drafted.  Hell, if 0 players got drafted in the supplemental draft I don't know if it even counts as a draft at all!
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 12:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, I thought you mean the draft that people actually give a crap about and the one where players are...you know...drafted.  Hell, if 0 players got drafted in the supplemental draft I don't know if it even counts as a draft at all!
Well he was eligible for only the supplemental draft so it's not like the Bengals could have signed him before then.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 12:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, I thought you mean the draft that people actually give a crap about and the one where players are...you know...drafted.  Hell, if 0 players got drafted in the supplemental draft I don't know if it even counts as a draft at all!
Supplemental is for players that aren't eligible to be drafted.  Ahmad Brooks, Chris Carter, Josh Gordon, and many other good players came from the supplemental draft, but keep playing like the supplemental draft means he won't be good.

Maybe he won't be anything special, but I think the potential is there to be an impact player.

For anyone saying that he can't beat press coverage or will struggle with it, teams rarely use a fullback anymore, meaning that two receivers are almost always lined up off-the-line, making it easy to beat press coverage  ThumbsUp
(07-16-2016, 01:19 AM)J24 Wrote: Well he was eligible for only the supplemental draft so it's not like the Bengals could have signed him before then.

Ssssshhhhhh.......  don't tell Nate that because it doesn't fit his agenda!
Reply/Quote

Yep, evidently 31 other teams also thought that he wasn't worth giving up a pick in the next REAL draft for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote