Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Reportedly Signing WR- Rashaun Simonise
(07-15-2016, 12:43 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Man, get enough tall athletic receivers and your offense will be unstoppable. Check out the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!! Oh wait....

Tbh Tampa didn't have a half bad passing offense last year. They were 5th in yards, but 20th in points. I think once Winston gets a couple years under his belt and they keep those weapons they will have a good offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:45 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Tbh Tampa didn't have a half bad passing offense last year.

True True. If Rashaun Simonise is anything like Vincent Jackson or Big Mike, I would be stoked haha
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:46 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: True True. If Rashaun Simonise is anything like Vincent Jackson or Big Mike, I would be stoked haha

The Browns have Terrel Pryor who is 6'4 and one of the fastest players in the NFL at WR.  My god, if any of the WRs they took in the draft are any good we are going to be done for! Ninja

Two WRs running down the field...go ahead, figure THAT one out, NFL!

Also, the Steelers have Antonio Brown and a WR who is 6'6, so I suspect we will be bracing ourselves to get curb-stomped by their offense, as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns have Terrel Pryor who is 6'4 and one of the fastest players in the NFL at WR.  My god, if any of the WRs they took in the draft are any good we are going to be done for! Ninja

Two WRs running down the field...go ahead, figure THAT one out, NFL!

I think that people are underestimating the Browns offense next year. I think Hue will bring RG3 back to what worked for him. I think you're going to see a lot of read options with Coleman going deep. Now don't get me wrong. I don't think they will have a great offense, just one better than bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think that people are underestimating the Browns offense next year. I think Hue will bring RG3 back to what worked for him. I think you're going to see a lot of read options with Coleman going deep. Now don't get me wrong. I don't think they will have a great offense, just one better than bad.

What worked for RG3 was healthy knees, I'm not sure Hue can bring that back. Their only hope was Josh Gordan.. well shoot. Coleman has the looks of a stud, but a stud can only do so much with no running game, and baby hawk as his best compliment.

They do have one hell of a TE tho. That Barnridge guy is something else.
Reply/Quote
Well seems like Josh Gordon's days are over. And really Simonise is signed for a reason of the Bengals.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I will bet my left testicle that if the Bengals suit up AJ Green and this Simonise kid that opposing NFL defenses will show you how to stop them.  That's what NFL defenses do...they stop NFL offenses.  Perhaps I'm overstating your case here, but you really seem to think that the Bengals just figured out some super unbeatable secret that the rest of the NFL just never thought of.

AJ Green plus 6'5 guy = unstoppable

It can't be that easy, but I sure hope it is.  Lord known AJ Green plus Jerome Simpson/Armon Binns/Denarius Moore/Wright or Alford or whomever was supposed to be "uncoverable" too.  That word gets tossed around every off-season, and mostly with a WR who does jack squat, but this could be the year, I guess.  I guess the fact that this guy is 6'5 makes him different.

Like I said, offer me a way that an NFL defense can cover two deep threats, one being AJ Green and the other being a 6'5 guy that's fast, and I'll admit that they'r easy to stop.

Also, do you think every NFL team has two guys like that?  It's not that they haven't figured it out, it's just that they don't have the players for it.  That's like claiming that I'm saying NFL teams haven't figured out that a guy with Adrian Peterson's size and skill set wouldn't dominate on any team.  

News flash: those players don't grow on trees!

I also don't remember anyone saying AJ and any of those guys would be uncoverable.

Like I say below, though, keep making things up to fit your narrative  ThumbsUp
(07-15-2016, 12:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I don't recall saying "6'5 receivers are easy to defend" but I can see why you'd feel compelled to make stuff up!
You're saying that a 6'5 guy that can go deep, opposite AJ, no-less, won't be a nightmare for defenses to stop.

But keep avoiding what you post because I can see why you feel compelled to do it!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't tell Nately that because 6'5 receivers are easy to defend, even when you have one of the best receivers in the game opposite of him  ThumbsUp

He looks to have heavy feet and takes forever getting out of a break. From that one video (just a couple shots) he looks to have good hands, but he's catching balls with no one guarding him. Just lining a tall wide receiver across from AJ =/= "giving defenses a nightmare". Defenses don't have nightmares. They're talented and think they can stop anything. 

There's a reason this guy is in the CFL and not on an NFL roster. Don't let a 2 minute video of this guy running down the field, with no one on him, give you any hope that he can do anything on an NFL field. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 01:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What worked for RG3 was healthy knees, I'm not sure Hue can bring that back. Their only hope was Josh Gordan.. well shoot. Coleman has the looks of a stud, but a stud can only do so much with no running game, and baby hawk as his best compliment.

They do have one hell of a TE tho. That Barnridge guy is something else.

I think RG3 tried to be more of a pocket passer, and that's what hurt him. The injuries are a problem, but I think if they go and put him in the type of offense They had him in his rookie year he would do a lot better. The type of offense they ran was more of a college read option than a normal NFL offense. I mean Hue made Campbell look pretty good, so I figure he can make RG3 look good.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 03:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He looks to have heavy feet and takes forever getting out of a break. From that one video (just a couple shots) he looks to have good hands, but he's catching balls with no one guarding him. Just lining a tall wide receiver across from AJ =/= "giving defenses a nightmare". Defenses don't have nightmares. They're talented and think they can stop anything. 

There's a reason this guy is in the CFL and not on an NFL roster. Don't let a 2 minute video of this guy running down the field, with no one on him, give you any hope that he can do anything on an NFL field. 

Running straight down the field doesn't require making a break.  

Even if it did, which I know he'll have to learn more routes, it's not that difficult to teach someone to lower drop their hips, plant, and turn/stop/break.

He was in the CFL because he went to the University of Calgary and is only 22.

And what do you mean "with no one on him"?  Those highlights were from games.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 08:49 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Running straight down the field doesn't require making a break.  

Even if it did, which I know he'll have to learn more routes, it's not that difficult to teach someone to lower drop their hips, plant, and turn/stop/break.

He was in the CFL because he went to the University of Calgary and is only 22.

And what do you mean "with no one on him"?  Those highlights were from games.

Once again, he has never had to beat press man. You can't run in a straight line down field if you can't get off the line. Beating press man is one of the hardest things for WR's to do and it's something this one has never had to do. There is a reason no one offered even a 7th rounder for him. If it was as simple as run two tall guys down field and throw it up someone would have valued him, but they didn't.'

By the way we got a 6'4 undrafted rookie from Toledo on the roster too. Once again, he was undrafted for a reason. Big guys that run in a straight line aren't as rare as you want to think they are.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 01:32 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Well seems like Josh Gordon's days are over. And really Simonise is signed for a reason of the Bengals.

Gordon is up for reinstatement in august.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think that people are underestimating the Browns offense next year. I think Hue will bring RG3 back to what worked for him. I think you're going to see a lot of read options with Coleman going deep. Now don't get me wrong. I don't think they will have a great offense, just one better than bad.

Everything im hearing RGIII isn't doing well McCowen probly starts.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 03:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, offer me a way that an NFL defense can cover two deep threats, one being AJ Green and the other being a 6'5 guy that's fast, and I'll admit that they'r easy to stop.

Also, do you think every NFL team has two guys like that?  It's not that they haven't figured it out, it's just that they don't have the players for it.  That's like claiming that I'm saying NFL teams haven't figured out that a guy with Adrian Peterson's size and skill set wouldn't dominate on any team.  

News flash: those players don't grow on trees!

News flash...this guy wasn't even selected in the supplemental draft.  Look, it's great that you're jazzed up over this guy AND he might be really good for all we know, but to act like a guy who wasn't drafted is some sort of gigantic secret that is going to assuredly turn the NFL on its ear is old-hat.  We heard this about Armon Binns who was undrafted and unwanted despite having a bazillion qualities that make an amazing WR and was going to line up across from AJ Green and send NFL DC's into insane asylums.

Yes, this guy could be good...but you seem so sure of this that I wonder if you've ever seen the WRs the Bengals have brought in to line up across from AJ Green, or if you watched Al Davis continually stock the Raiders with guys who were super tall and super fast and blah blah blah.  You just seem to be taking it really personally that not everyone is ready to give this guy a starting position because he's 6'5.

Anyways, Simonise is 6'5 and ran a 4.60 and the Steelers have an undrafted WR who is 6'6 and ran a 4.62 so it looks like we won't be the only team in our division that has an unstoppable offense this year. I guess it will be interesting to watch Paul Geunther in the fetal position sucking his thumb when we play the Steelers in week 2 and they hang 77 on us.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we should sign him to the roster to prevent someone else from signing him.

He's raw, but he's a tall (6'5) athlete that's a long strider and you can't teach that.

He's also a very willing blocker.

I'd love to have him on the outside with AJ on the other side and say "run deep" because which one do you double?  If you double both, it opens up everything underneath for Eifert (or even posts with Eifert) and whoever our #3 receiver is.

He could do some damage for us in the red zone- line him and AJ up on the outside and choose which one you want to throw a jump ball to.

I'm NOT saying that he'll be this good, but he reminds me of a Randy Moss-type deep threat where you can just say "run deep" and throw passes deep to him, especially with AJ on the other side.

I like it, especially with a little development  ThumbsUp

He fits more the X receiver mold of Chris Henry, and we saw what this offense was like with Chad, TJ, and Henry.  Can you imagine a triple that strong but with a TE like Eifert and RBs like Hill and Gio?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He fits more the X receiver mold of Chris Henry, and we saw what this offense was like with Chad, TJ, and Henry.  Can you imagine a triple that strong but with a TE like Eifert and RBs like Hill and Gio?

If he can turn into a Henry... Cool
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like this signing..I was hoping they might take a 7th rd supplemental flyer on him...His videos are a bit impressive. He can't be any worse than Moritz Bohringer..
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 01:08 PM)Air Force 1 Wrote: I like this signing..I was hoping they might take a 7th rd supplemental flyer on him...His videos are a bit impressive. He can't be any worse than Moritz Bohringer..

One was drafted in the 6th of the real draft. One was not even drafted in the supplemental draft after everyone has seen their own rosters and know where they have holes. Bohringer is the better more polished prospect and it isn't even close.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:27 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think RG3 tried to be more of a pocket passer, and that's what hurt him. The injuries are a problem, but I think if they go and put him in the type of offense They had him in his rookie year he would do a lot better. The type of offense they ran was more of a college read option than a normal NFL offense. I mean Hue made Campbell look pretty good, so I figure he can make RG3 look good.

I'm a fan of RG3 and I was disappointed he moved to Cleveland. Hue has done great with QBs in the past as well, and hope this is the one time he doesn't do so well lol. RG3 still has some of the greatest potential of the QBs out there. I still think if healthy he has the best arms of the younger QBs. Alas, I hope he stinks in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Can we see if the guy is any good before we label him anything.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote