Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Steelers Predictions
20-17 Steelers
Reply/Quote
Booger McFarland is the worst color commentator for any network broadcasting NFL games.

Close game in the teens.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Juju Smith is sore after this one.  That's my prediction.
Reply/Quote
35-10 Steelers. We take the cellar.
Reply/Quote
Bad Andy shows up in prime time and we get beat by a rookie QB.

SSDD

Reply/Quote
This is probably the most winnable game thus far, but even then, this shit roster finds a way to lose. 17-10 Steelers.

And then we get another speech by Zac Taylor, who is trying damn hard bless his heart, but dammit this roster sucks.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
One team will win their first game of the season.

When was the last time you could say that about a Bengals vs Steelers game?
Reply/Quote
I predict this is when we as Bengals fans come to the realization that perhaps we may not have the greatest team of all time and Andy Dalton may not be inducted into the Hall of fame for being the greatest QB to ever play the game. 
Oh what am I saying?  OF COURSE the Bengals will be considered the greatest team in the history of football and Andy will surpass every QB throughout the ages and little kids everywhere will want to grow up and be Andys with goofy red hair and contibute their first paychecks once they start working towards building a 70 foot tall statue of Mike Brown as the most beloved team owner ever. Has there ever really been any doubt in your minds? Of course not. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
17-13 Bengals.

Then the following week we'll be told how we're acting like we won the Super Bowl around here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
24-17 Steelers. Bengals get off to a fast start, put up 17 in the first half, then get shutout in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:45 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: One team will win their first game of the season.

When was the last time you could say that about a Bengals vs Steelers game?

1998 probably. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:26 AM)Adamantium Wrote: This is probably the most winnable game thus far, but even then, this shit roster finds a way to lose. 17-10 Steelers.

And then we get another speech by Zac Taylor, who is trying damn hard bless his heart, but dammit this roster sucks.

I am not attacking you, but I want to honestly discuss this.

I would be curious to know other people's opinions as well.  

Here is my summary on the roster:

I really like the defensive line.  They have good size and strength in the middle with Glasgow, Billings, Topou, and Wren.  Of course Geno is a great 3T, and I love Hubbard, Carlos, and Lawson.  They will need to add another outside pass rusher to rotate with Carlos but I think they are a solid position group overall.

The linebackers are awful.  Vigil is the best of the group and he is not one that can diagnose and play downhill like the great ones.  We don't know about Pratt yet, but it was nice to see him basically get tackled and thrown to the ground (holding?) on a key third down.  Two key additions are needed here and I wish they could have done it with FA so we didn't have to wait to develop.  I still agree with drafting Williams in Rd 1, but LB should have been addressed higher than Rd 3.  

The secondary, I believe, gets a bad rap.  Look at how they handled Seattle minus a couple plays when the defensive line gets penetration.  They are often asked to cover way too long.  I think they need depth at the slot corner position, but maybe they will improve when Dennard returns, who I believe is one of our most underrated players.  I really, really wanted Derwin James, as I think a piece like that would be a huge playmaker on this defense.  Shawn Williams is late to diagnose and a bad tackler.  I would like to see Fej get more snaps in rotation here.  Bates is puzzling to me.  A great center fielder but seems to be overthinking things now.  Hope he shapes up like WJIII did after a brief slump.

On the offensive side of the ball, it is pretty straightforward.  They have weapons at QB, RB, WR, and TE.  But the offensive line is a glaring weakness.  It isn't like they didn't try.  First and second round picks on Ced and Fish (Strike one, strike two), Price drafted as first rounder (Foul tip), and Williams drafted in Rd 1 (incomplete).  But they HAVE made the right decision on Hopkins, Miller, and Hart.  Maybe Price will be a solid guard?  I haven't seen the rankings but it appeared that it was Andre that struggled the most.  If they had Williams at LT and Glenn at LG, the season might look quite a bit different than it does.  I am not going to rip the coaches and the talent level based on two key injuries. They clearly need to look for a beast at LG and maybe Price can develop in to the RG of the future.  

One thing that I though improved against Buffalo (I really had to search for something) was that they did run the ball on occasion.  Even if it only yielded a couple yards, the offense HAS to be less predictable and one dimensional.  They FINALLY ran the ball to Gio.  Didn't get much, but does anyone else realize that EVERY TIME he is in the game, it is clearly to pass protect?  That is too damn predictable.  I don't care if Mixon only gets 20 yards on 10 carries to start a game.  To make this offense work, they need to keep handing the ball off and stay balanced.  There were a few really nice runs against Buffalo.  Running on pitt will be tough, but I like that match up a lot better than Andy getting crushed from all sides when no receivers get separation quickly.  

Huber has been good, if inconsistent and Randy is fat.  

All in all, if they could go out and sign a really good LB in FA and Pratt develops, the defense could be solid.  At least mid-pack if not a little better.  The offense really needs Williams to be as advertised.  I think Glenn is done and I think that the Bengals need to look long and hard at drafting another guard.  It isn't a dumpster fire.  It is a good overall roster with a few really big holes.  
Reply/Quote
I Predict this is a meeting of two teams that are 0-3, and one will leave the field 0-4.

The QB that replaced Big Ben doesn't look too bad and that is bad news for Bengals.

Steelers almost beat the 49ers, and that is bad news for Bengals.

Bengals very weak on offensive line and that is bad news for Bengals.

Bengals one hope is the Any Given Sunday, but at 0-3 the Steelers feel they are due for a win also.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is the game that the squeelers win and begin their 10 game winning streak, Rudolph is plastered on TV as the new Brady and we get reminded how the win with the bengals was their pivotal turnaround.

steelers 27 - 0 bengals

Devin Bush has a monster game. The 'casters relish all night on how the squeelers made an amazing drafting move by taking Devin Bush right out of the bengals shopping basket.

Mixon is stuffed, gets 29 yrds.
Our D rests and Juju gets his AJ-esque numbers.
We get sacks but not enough to dent them or impact the game.
By game's end, the boards are voicing the need to bench Andy.
Ross is the Ross we've grown to know. His thoughts clouded his play.
Reply/Quote
This is the week The March begins toward a SB championship. Bengals 31 Steelers 20. Bengals D forces 3 turnovers While we commit 1 Dalton goes over 300 and Mixon Goes over a 100.
Reply/Quote
I do think this is a rather winnable game. Both defenses suck, but Cincinnati has the better offense. It's in Pitt, though. I'm going to go out and say Cincinnati gets their first win this week, 21-17. I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh does pull this off, they have a better coaching staff but I think Cinci can win this one.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I do think this is a rather winnable game. Both defenses suck, but Cincinnati has the better offense. It's in Pitt, though. I'm going to go out and say Cincinnati gets their first win this week, 21-17. I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh does pull this off, they have a better coaching staff but I think Cinci can win this one.

You know the squeelers are gonna pull that trick play that will catch Zac & Co. with their pants down, and lose the game thanks to that trick play. Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:28 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is the game that the squeelers win and begin their 10 game winning streak, Rudolph is plastered on TV as the new Brady and we get reminded how the win with the bengals was their pivotal turnaround.

steelers 27 - 0 bengals

Devin Bush has a monster game. The 'casters relish all night on how the squeelers made an amazing drafting move by taking Devin Bush right out of the bengals shopping basket.

Mixon is stuffed, gets 29 yrs.
Our D rests and Juju gets his AJ-esque numbers.
We get sacks but not enough to dent them or impact the game.
By game's end, the boards are voicing the need to bench Andy.
Ross is the Ross we've grown to know. His thoughts clouded his play.
Oh No, a 10 game win streak with Rudolph.  That would be plastered on TV at Christmas.   

In September when he lost Big Ben, The Steelers Coach came to say
Rudolph with your arm so bright
won't you guide my team tonight
Now they're talking play-offs as their fans shout with glee
Rudolph, you'll go down in Steelers history. 

Yeah, if they go on a 10 game win streak,  the Steelers with Rudolph will indeed be plastered all over the TV at Christmas.  The Sports media lives for things like this.  Like if a players name is Coffey. they will say Coffey heats it up, or Coffey was cold.  If Rudolph is on a 10 game win streak at Christmas, the media lives for that stuff. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I predict that I will fall asleep at half time and wake up a few minute before the game ends.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the Bengals match up well with the Steelers.I just have a feeling Bad Andy is going to show up.If Andy plays well they could have a pretty good chance of coming away with a win.27-20 Steelers.
Reply/Quote