Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
{ Bengals - Titans Postgame Reactions Thread }
(10-01-2023, 05:26 PM)Housh Wrote: This isn’t an NFL caliber offense and no way I’m disrespecting Lou by judging a D that has to win games with 3 points

Except that the D got trucked all game especially in the first half when TOP was even - it was basically them giving up explosive play after explosive play. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:18 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Alright then.  Maybe the beat down causes some changes?  Maybe they just can’t overcome Joes injury on top of the poor defensive play.  We shall see next week I guess.  WHO DEY either way!

Coaching is what pissed me off the worst. First, the play calling was atrocious. @nd, Burrow should have come out at the beginning of the 4th qtr. If your going to run the ball when we are that far back instead of trying to change momentum and make a comeback? They're wrong for leaving him in there. We looked like year 1 under ZT today. It was super bad!

Defense sucked. They went into the game with too much confidence and unlike Lou, there were no adjustments it seemed. It was almost as if we wanted to lose this game from a strategic standpoint. We were stale and inept.

Regardless, can't blame the refs. This was a total team suck! Our division ain't skeered at all.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:26 PM)Housh Wrote: This isn’t an NFL caliber offense and no way I’m disrespecting Lou by judging a D that has to win games with 3 points

Yes they would have to be better than the 2000 Ravens to win us games right now. But make no mistake, the D should be pretty ashamed of their performance today as well. At least with them, we know that's a bad game rather than what we can expect from them next week. We probably can't expect much more from the offence next week unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:27 PM)Housh Wrote: The ****?

You rewatch the Rams
Game
On accident ?

Sarcasm is hard
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:27 PM)Destro Wrote: Be lucky to get a second round pick from a "Super Bowl contender who just lost their receiver" type of situation.

Yeah probably.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
We're averaging 12.25 points per game. Yes, I agree the defense has had some very bad points this season. The tackling today was very half hearted for example.

But you have zero chance of winning scoring 12.25 points per game.

Sit Joe Burrow down and let him heal.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:21 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Where to start? LOL.

May as well start nowhere. Only the punter came out of that with anything positive to be said. Just shameful from top to bottom. Not our week.

Zac Taylor needs to be asked why the franchise QB is out there at the end taking sacks. Maybe there's an answer, but I'd sure love to hear it. Otherwise it seems beyond ridiculous that we're ignoring virtually the first rule of how to run a team.

We have to look at sitting Burrow. We're 4 games in and he clearly is too limited to run a competent NFL offence. Browning may yet still be worse, but at least we wouldn't be risking the health of the QB we'll be hoping to rebound with next year. Been saying this for weeks and yet we are no further forward than we'd be had we played Browning this entire time (well, maybe it'd be 0-4, but we're about as bad as a 1-3 team can look). Sit Burrow because we look a joke with him out there.

If we never played Burrow injured and sat him the first 3 or 4 games, he would be healthy by now not with the setbacks though.
Reply/Quote
Season isn’t done yet but lose next week and it’s over.

At that point you shut Burrow down trade Tee for a first and reevaluate.

This is a championship team but the coaching and a lame qb has ended it this season.

If we sit Burrow we guarantee ourselves a top 5 pick where we get Harrison and with the 1st for Tee depending on who we trade with we could get Bowers.

Hate to think like this so early in the season but it’s time to be pragmatic.
Reply/Quote
Just remember, even if the D played a great game, the offense came up with 3 points. The offense has one TD this year....4 games in. We are playing the worst football in the conference.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If we never played Burrow injured and sat him the first 3 or 4 games, he would be healthy by now not with the setbacks though.

Absolutely, and I was saying this after week 1. But all I was hearing was 'a broken Joe Burrow gives us more chance of a W than Browning'.

Maybe so fellas, but we sure don't seem that much further forward right now. And like you've said, all we're maybe doing here is pushing back our QB's health.
Reply/Quote
Should of paid for a competent back up QB and sat Burrow the first 3-4 games of the season.

Lose next week and you might as well tank for a top 5 pick and start a mini-rebuild. Include trading Tee who's again injury prone!!!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:33 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely, and I was saying this after week 1. But all I was hearing was 'a broken Joe Burrow gives us more chance of a W than Browning'.

Maybe so fellas, but we sure don't seem that much further forward right now. And like you've said, all we're maybe doing here is pushing back our QB's health.

Sitting a calf strain down doesn't improve it beyond a point. It just has to heal. Burrow has to be more aware in the pocket and he has to get his accuracy back - his throwing motion is off. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Things smell like 1-16.  This team is really bad in all three aspects of the game.

Exactly. I'm usually pro Bengals regardless, but we are BAD! I'm looking more like 6-11. AND I HOPE, I get this rubbed in my face later on in the season. But if your not going to let him heal, we are going to lose. That was not the JB we know out there today. There was no fight in him and he looked like a 3rd stringer. JFC, I can't believe I just dumped over 1k last week for tickets to the Seattle game. 

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:28 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’ve waited, I’ve not said anything, the Oline still isn’t working we’ve addressed it for 2 seasons now.  Time to take a look at the Oline coach.  I love a good offense, but our defense just isn’t mean,  I really miss vonn bell,  he had a nasty streak in him I think we are now missing.

The 3 interior olineman are bottom tier nfl starters.
Reply/Quote
[Image: bq47HTZ.gif]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Coaching is what pissed me off the worst. First, the play calling was atrocious. @nd, Burrow should have come out at the beginning of the 4th qtr. If your going to run the ball when we are that far back instead of trying to change momentum and make a comeback? They're wrong for leaving him in there. We looked like year 1 under ZT today. It was super bad!

Defense sucked. They went into the game with too much confidence and unlike Lou, there were no adjustments it seemed. It was almost as if we wanted to lose this game from a strategic standpoint. We were stale and inept.

Regardless, can't blame the refs. This was a total team suck! Our division ain't skeered at all.

The crazy thing is the offense looked good on 1st drive.
Reply/Quote
Sad, just sad Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We're averaging 12.25 points per game. Yes, I agree the defense has had some very bad points this season. The tackling today was very half hearted for example.

But you have zero chance of winning scoring 12.25 points per game.

Sit Joe Burrow down and let him heal.

Ah, the Bengals season after 4 games. A hurt QB and 12.25 points a game.

Agreed, sit Burrow and retool the roster for the '24 season.
Reply/Quote
Our first round pick got a sack!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sitting a calf strain down doesn't improve it beyond a point. It just has to heal. Burrow has to be more aware in the pocket and he has to get his accuracy back - his throwing motion is off. 

Everything about him is off. He might not be making 100% the right decisions out there, but he is clearly too limited to run the offence properly at this point. People must be joking if they don't think the injury is limiting him. He hasn't gone from one of the best QB's in the league, to a guy with 2 TDs in 4 games, in one offseason.

Whether sitting him magically returns him to 100% health or not, he isn't exactly doing much to get us W's out there. So may as well sit him, let him rest up and see if Browning gives us anything different.

Better that, than send the franchise QB out there with a clearly limiting calf strain and have him getting sacked late in the 4th quarter when down 27-3.
Reply/Quote