Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
{ Bengals - Titans Postgame Reactions Thread }
(10-01-2023, 05:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I was screaming for this team to start the season with a backup. Didn’t think we stood any chance against Cleveland regardless if Joe played or not. But now they have themselves in a pickle. Interested to see if we bench him next week, or just keep pushing him through it. We sat him for over a month and it didn’t do any good. If he gets benched it will have to be at least till them bye, and that still may not be enough time.

We are struggling so damn bad not only to win but we are struggling just to get first downs. It’s obvious the calf is limiting Burrow drastically but it almost seems like there’s something else going in. I don’t see any good coming from playing him now. Even if he was just rusty from no ore season, he should have his feet under him now but he didn’t. He’s playing scared but more importantly he’s making bad decisions. That’s what has me worried the most. Get him out, it’s going to ruin him. He’s going to cause some arm/shoulder damage too throwing the ball using more upper body strength than he should.

I also wouldn't take advice from Aaron Rodgers, an active player who is currently out for the year with an ACL injury. He might be secretly laughing, like Terry Silver from Karate Kid 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:15 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I mostly liked what I saw from our boys today.  Just fell a bit short

Yes, they really made a nail biter out of this one. I was thinking we were going to get the go ahead with a minute left, but then I forgot we didn't have the ball.
Reply/Quote
In 2021 and 2022 the Bengals won via the big play. Now defenses place safeties over the top, get pressure, and force Cincinnati into playing small-ball offense. It’s never too late to learn to play “just keep moving the chains” offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We're averaging 12.25 points per game. Yes, I agree the defense has had some very bad points this season. The tackling today was very half hearted for example.

But you have zero chance of winning scoring 12.25 points per game.

Sit Joe Burrow down and let him heal.

I 100% wonder if he has a psychologist working with him right now because his mental game is off. It's hard to break bad habits and he's forming bad habits right now, we're not making the playoffs so sit him until the last 1/4th of the year (if he feels fully healthy) and see if he can get his mental game back on point for next year.

The year is much shorter when you don't make the playoffs, only 8-9 weeks before he'd check back in, not sure if that's enough time for him to get over his physical and mental issues.

All that money and we couldn't pay bates, bell, hurst, perine, and now we pay the price. I wish Burrow had incentive laden contract, 20 million bonus if you win the superbowl. Why do you get 55 for this?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Burrow refusing to sit is killing us and Zac not having the guts to sit him is even worse. Burrow is killing any chance at wins this year and making our top 3 WR look like trash. Burrow is a mobile QB that is trying to be a pocket passer he watches the rush engulf him 3 or 4 times today and did not even drop back a step or two to avoid the rush another few secs. He looks defeated he looks like it is becoming a mental issue as well as a physical one. The coach or front office needs to yank him out till he is healthy for his own good. Not only can you get this guy a serious injured running around while he is hobbled but you can and will screw this guy's mind up if you play him all year injured. Joe will have to relearn how to play QB and be accurate again and I do not trust the coaches to be able to fix his issues next year if this continues all year.

Exactly!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The crazy thing is the offense looked good on 1st drive.

I made the comment on that first drive that it was a great drive. But just like the KC game a few years ago either on MNF or SNF, after Andy threw the TD, we looked bad and KC handled us like a nasty hooker that nobody cared to play with because they're skank! They embarrassed us. WTF is wrong with us? I'm sure there's a lot of opinions. However, I'm laying this loss on the play calling and coaching. We looked like a rebuilding team.

Reply/Quote
Sit Joe Burrow.They say they’re trying to protect him,and they continue to play him trough meaningless snaps in the fourth quarter,when you know the game is as well as over.Sure doesn’t make since to me
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Burrow refusing to sit is killing us and Zac not having the guts to sit him is even worse.

Yep. Sit him. He's under contract. Unless the pressures coming from the FO, sit him or the coaching staff looks grossly inept and H.S. like.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes, they really made a nail biter out of this one. I was thinking we were going to get the go ahead with a minute left, but then I forgot we didn't have the ball.

You mean there was no chance for 3 defensive TDs with 30 seconds on the clock? Oh ye had little faith..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:40 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I don’t know about that. The Browns game was pretty bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which one? Or did you mean all of them. Because, yes.
Reply/Quote
The problems are simple, stop the spread offense, max protect, Zac stop calling plays & outside of OBJ the line sucks without extra help.
Reply/Quote
Definitely need to extend Joes contract another 1/4 billion.. He's earned it for every other team!  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Watson was sat down because of injury before the game today. Huge contract, but still did it. Sometimes it is what has to be done. Been building the team for years, right? Boyd, Higgins, Chase and Mixon. Without Burrow, saying you can't do anything. Yeah, problem is bigger than jus a calf. Calf exposes what some already know.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes, they really made a nail biter out of this one. I was thinking we were going to get the go ahead with a minute left, but then I forgot we didn't have the ball.

All we needed was that critical 3rd down stop near the end to get the ball back...but alas, twas not to be today
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:33 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely, and I was saying this after week 1. But all I was hearing was 'a broken Joe Burrow gives us more chance of a W than Browning'.

Maybe so fellas, but we sure don't seem that much further forward right now. And like you've said, all we're maybe doing here is pushing back our QB's health.

It is so sad that they are not giving Browning a chance it is disgusting really. A slap in the face and I would not be surprised if they do not give Browning a start and give it to McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I was screaming for this team to start the season with a backup. Didn’t think we stood any chance against Cleveland regardless if Joe played or not. But now they have themselves in a pickle. Interested to see if we bench him next week, or just keep pushing him through it. We sat him for over a month and it didn’t do any good. If he gets benched it will have to be at least till them bye, and that still may not be enough time.

We are struggling so damn bad not only to win but we are struggling just to get first downs. It’s obvious the calf is limiting Burrow drastically but it almost seems like there’s something else going on. I don’t see any good coming from playing him now. Even if he was just rusty from no pre season, he should have his feet under him by now but he dosent. He’s playing scared but more importantly he’s making bad decisions. That’s what has me worried the most. Get him out, it’s going to ruin him. He’s going to cause some arm/shoulder damage too throwing the ball using more upper body strength than he should.

People are just being way too short term about this in my opinion. Joe Burrow will be the Bengals QB until he retires, or leaves for somewhere else. 

Nobody wants to tank a season or have to hope for success next year, but from Week 1 my opinion was that we should risk a slow start if it means Burrow gets more rest and potentially gets back to 100% more quickly. I do believe in this team's ability to make the playoffs from 0-4, if they are playing as they can. 

Instead we've played him every game, and he looks absolutely awful. People can say 'well rest might not help the calf any further'... people are forgetting that by being a statue in the pocket, he's subject to further risk of a further injury. I dont have a clue as to why we'd want to risk the QB of the next decade taking unneeded punishment, ESPECIALLY when the payoff of playing him (i.e. his ability to be a great QB) simply isn't present right now. He can't seriously be showing much in practice to suggest he's back to normal... so I don't for the life of me get why we're playing him. He looks about 10% of the QB he was last year, it's not like he's 'getting there'.

Instead, we're in a position where we're now just hoping he's better by next week. It was real bad luck that he got the injury in the first place, but we've done little other than shoot ourselves in the feet since, as far as the QB is concerned. I absolutely think Burrow shares some of this blame, as he must know he isn't ready to be playing, but any competitor will try and get out there and play. ZT needs to rest him, it'll be a month late doing so though. 
Reply/Quote
My reaction is that there will be a lot of this in our future:

[Image: bengals-fan-crying.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
OL can't protect an immobile Joe. None of them its equal opportunity across the line
DL can't stop the run which opens up the pass. The "bend don't break" theory from the past doesn' work without the turnovers or timely plays
stupid stupid stupid penalties

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
On the bright side of things the Bengals have outscored the Raiders and Giants so far.. Our number one draft pick for next season is in jeopardy..

Reply/Quote
Dan Marino made it to one Suoer Bowl as a rookie.

Been watching this team since they started and the failure to spend money on the o line and not blocking Donald on the last play is the closest they will come to winning the Super Bowl in my life time.
Reply/Quote