Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
{ Bengals - Titans Postgame Reactions Thread }
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)Destro Wrote: Just remember, even if the D played a great game, the offense came up with 3 points. The offense has one TD this year....4 games in. We are playing the worst football in the league

Fixed. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:31 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Beginning to think there is something else going on with Joe. I mean how can he fall off as far as he has in this short a time? Calf that limiting? He doesn't look like the same man as the last 2 years. Hard for me to believe Browning wouldn't have put up some TD's in 4 games. What I remember of him in PS he was pretty mobile and fairly accurate.

Burrow usually makes a lot of plays with his feet, but in the NFL a split second decision not made is a lost play, and Burrow is making decisions to not turn the ball over. Without his legs, there's nothing. I mean that 4th and 13 escape from the pocket to run 2 yards was hilarious, like what are you doing man that one is not on Zac lol.

It's also hilarious to me that we play an injured QB, like our backup QBs are THAT BAD compared to our injured QB? Please, Browning can run! McCarron can throw, he takes risks, Burrow is taking zero risks other than protecting his leg and losing. The WRs are calling for risks, Burrow is looking like Dalton out there - only throwing it when someone is open, but I don't remember Dalton looking this bad, but Dalton probably wouldn't be playing with this injury. Strange.

Ain't nobody worried that burrow is going to run up the middle or even out of the pocket, the defenses are probably cakewalking their workouts.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:17 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Give me a top 5 or 10 pick so we can get a CB CTB is not an outside CB he is a Slot corner at best.

Top-5 pick would go Brock Bowers in a heartbeat. They have 0 TEs currently on the roster under contract for 2024, and all of the ones on the roster right now are terrible anyway.

Don't pass up the homerun pick of a blue chip player that is also at a position of need.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
There’s nothing new that can be said. I think majority agree we have a shot at the 1OA pick and Qb is in play. While HC should be.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:17 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Give me a top 5 or 10 pick so we can get a CB CTB is not an outside CB he is a Slot corner at best.

We’re not a cb away from a Super Bowl. An elite top 5 OL can get us there there the quickest. Maybe I’m just upset over the loses, and I’ve been big on resigning Tee all off season, but let him walk and use that money for a real OL. And then also draft one in top 5 picks. Grab a wr round 2 or some cheaper vet.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:46 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: They aren't making any playoffs this year with the way things are going. What they need to do is figure out what the hell is wrong and stop the bleeding so the rest of the season isn't a total disaster.

Take the play calling out of Zacs hands hire someone to coach the O-line how to pass block. Do not let your QB have the final say he should be overruled and forced to sit till he is 100% healthy. Most likely need to hire an offensive play caller do not think we have a decent one on this team. If you refuse to run the ball when you're chunking the other team with the run, you just need to stop and reassesses the way you're going about things. I think just any average Joe old school Coach could get 10 wins with this roster even with Burrow being injured if he sat him till, he was ready to play with full mobility since he is not a damn pocket passer.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Dalton, last game he threw for 350 yds, 2 TD's and no Int in a losing effort cause his O'Line had like 5 penalties in a row on a drive. He still has it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Top-5 pick would go Brock Bowers in a heartbeat. They have 0 TEs currently on the roster under contract for 2024, and all of the ones on the roster right now are terrible anyway.

Don't pass up the homerun pick of a blue chip player that is also at a position of need.

I don't think there's been an early TE pick that's worked out in a really long time. Not even talking about the Bengals either. If we have a top 10 pick we shouldn't go TE
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Take the play calling out of Zacs hands hire someone to coach the O-line how to pass block. Do not let your QB have the final say he should be overruled and forced to sit till he is 100% healthy. Most likely need to hire an offensive play caller do not think we have a decent one on this team. If you refuse to run the ball when you're chunking the other team with the run, you just need to stop and reassesses the way you're going about things. I think just any average Joe old school Coach could get 10 wins with this roster even with Burrow being injured if he sat him till, he was ready to play with full mobility since he is not a damn pocket passer.

I wonder if they don't put Burrow through a drill to prove he's healthy. Like hey what's your top speed again? OK show us. And yeah you have to get through this drill that proves your calf can handle unexpected movements in a game.

It's one thing to be able to walk in a a straight line and ask if you're good enough to play. They don't want those answers, they will just say "everyone plays hurt throughout the year" but if he can't do the things we list, he is not worth it to us and we need someone else to play that spot for now lol. Post hip labrum tear I took almost a year to gain confidence to try and run again, I'm no pro athlete but there was definitely a mental block for me. It'd be nice to know Burrow can still run 21 mph, that is a major confidence booster for him and I think we can see he knows he can't do that and it shows.

Can we actually win games without Burrow? Can other teams win without their starting QB? Ravens have Lamar and they win without Lamar, their coaching staff is better. I always hear people say if your star QB goes down the season is over.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder if they don't put Burrow through a drill to prove he's healthy. Like hey what's your top speed again? OK show us. And yeah you have to get through this drill that proves your calf can handle unexpected movements in a game.

It's one thing to be able to walk in a a straight line and ask if you're good enough to play. They don't want those answers, they will just say "everyone plays hurt throughout the year" but if he can't do the things we list, he is not worth it to us and we need someone else to play that spot for now lol.

Can we actually win games without Burrow? Can other teams win without their starting QB? Ravens have Lamar and they win without Lamar, their coaching staff is better. I always hear people say if your star QB goes down the season is over.

They are definitely doing this kind of testing. That’s just standard rehab protocol. Doesn’t mean they’re making wise decisions with the outcomes, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fixed. 

Yup, I'd say between the Bengals and Jets, as I think the Panthers and Bears are better than their record.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Except that the D got trucked all game especially in the first half when TOP was even - it was basically them giving up explosive play after explosive play. 

The Defense lost 3 starters in the secondary so the team could save some money and give out big contracts to the guys on offense.  You cant lose one of the top safeties in the NFL in Jessie Bates, lose Vonn Bell and lose an underrated Eli Apple and think that wont hurt the defense in a big way.

If you are going to weaken your defense to give money to the guys on offense, the offense better make up for the losses on defense.  You cant fault the defense for not being as good as last year when they dont have the same talent as last year.  The young guys may eventually get to that level but right now they are not there so it should be the offense carrying the team.  They cant because the offense is horrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:37 PM)burreauxs Wrote: They are definitely doing this kind of testing. That’s just standard rehab protocol. Doesn’t mean they’re making wise decisions with the outcomes, though.

I think I saw one center, X step drop back today. I would expect a drill to see if he's healthy to include drop backs but I think they know he can reinjure it easily so they don't.

It's crazy to think we're playing with a QB that can't step back confidently and somehow expect to win, we can't put up a TD even. It's clear lol. It's super handicapping, it's like telling a basketball player you can only take wide open set shots, no dribbling no turnaround jumpers no moves. Yikes.

Imagine that being part of the protocol when you're playing, the doctors saying "avoid this". Even taking 250ms to process that instruction every play is hampering. If he's thinking about it and actively avoiding something it's taking more than that too lol.

I laughed watching Derrick Henry roll to the right, then jump pass for a TD, like he could have thrown for more yards than Burrow today if he was on our team.

They are trained to play with pain but I think the type of pain he's experienced with this is probably inconsistent (or it's consistent and he's lying to us lol) which is affecting his concentration.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think there's been an early TE pick that's worked out in a really long time. Not even talking about the Bengals either. If we have a top 10 pick we shouldn't go TE

Kyle Pitts put up 1k yards and was a Pro Bowler as a rookie before the Falcons decided that they wanted to go back to playing 1950s football.

Not his fault that after his rookie season his team decided the forward pass was overrated.

- - - - -

Kyle Pitts (4th)
TJ Hockenson (8th)
Vernon Davis (6th)

Last 3 TEs to be picked in the top-8 (25%) of the first round. All Pro Bowlers and Davis with a chance at HoF, the other two still 23 and 26 years old.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Top-5 pick would go Brock Bowers in a heartbeat. They have 0 TEs currently on the roster under contract for 2024, and all of the ones on the roster right now are terrible anyway.

I do not see them investing a top 10 pick in a TE and I like Hudson. If Awuzie leaves next year and Hilton will be 30 years old, we are going to be hurting next year if we do not get a #1 or #2 CB. CTB seems to have issues finding the ball and covering deep passes on the outside he needs to play slot next year. The Bengals value CB much higher than TE. Hudson and a rookie 2nd or 3rd round guy and sign back who we can at TE let them all fight it out for top 3 next season.

I really hate talking about the draft already if Browning got the next 2 starts, we could be going into bye at 3-3 and maybe a healthy Burrow after the bye. What will most likely happen is we start an injured Burrow with a high chance we lose both games. Collapse the pocket and you get an easy Burrow sack it is too easy for other teams facing us with Burrow at QB right now. 

P.S. Do not worry about stoping the run they will not run the ball enough to impact the game pin your ears back from the start of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think I saw one center, X step drop back today. I would expect a drill to see if he's healthy to include drop backs but I think they know he can reinjure it easily so they don't.

It's crazy to think we're playing with a QB that can't step back confidently and somehow expect to win, we can't put up a TD even. It's clear lol. It's super handicapping, it's like telling a basketball player you can only take wide open set shots, no dribbling no turnaround jumpers no moves. Yikes.

Imagine that being part of the protocol when you're playing, the doctors saying "avoid this". Even taking 250ms to process that instruction every play is hampering. If he's thinking about it and actively avoiding something it's taking more than that too lol.

I laughed watching Derrick Henry roll to the right, then jump pass for a TD, like he could have thrown for more yards than Burrow today if he was on our team.

They are trained to play with pain but I think the type of pain he's experienced with this is probably inconsistent (or it's consistent and he's lying to us lol) which is affecting his concentration.

Oh I agree. Every snap he takes he has to remind himself to avoid XY or Z. Definitely slows him down, both mentally and physically. I don’t think playing through this kind of protocol is conducive to winning, especially considering this offensive staff can’t seem to be creative with it or scheme/call plays to compensate for his limitations. At this point they seem to be using games as rehab and not caring if his movement or decisions suck. Not caring if it ends in an L. Which is a big shame. Embarrassing. If they’re gonna trot him out there to get reps they could at least figure out how to help make him make plays. Otherwise we’re just risking further injury for a loss and so they might as well sit him.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: There’s nothing new that can be said. I think majority agree we have a shot at the 1OA pick and Qb is in play. While HC should be.

HC can write his own check. He took us tot he Super Bowl. Marvin only made the play offs and had to tell the FO it’s time.
Reply/Quote
But Joe looks great in practice when nobody can touch him or swat at his passes....
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:58 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: HC can write his own check.  He took us tot he Super Bowl.  Marvin only made the play offs and had to tell the FO it’s time.

I really give two sh*ts about Zac getting us to a Superbowl and losing right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:58 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: HC can write his own check.  He took us tot he Super Bowl.  Marvin only made the play offs and had to tell the FO it’s time.

He was there, but "took us," to me, is kind of a misnomer. Healthy Burrow vs. No/injured Burrow shows he is the one to win. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote