Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
{ Bengals - Titans Postgame Reactions Thread }
(10-01-2023, 07:28 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: We’re not a cb away from a Super Bowl. An elite top 5 OL can get us there there the quickest. Maybe I’m just upset over the loses, and I’ve been big on resigning Tee all off season, but let him walk and use that money for a real OL. And then also draft one in top 5 picks. Grab a wr round 2 or some cheaper vet.

Where do you spend it on the O-line Karras has looked bad recently OBJ does not look great seen him get beat a few times today Williams is a free agent. I think we need an O-line coach it cannot be the players at this point. Pollock stepped up a little this year getting the running game looking halfway decent Joe Mixon has been playing hard this year. Is that Mixon getting in gear after a pay cut or was it Pollock improving the run scheme. In any case our pass blocking looks like crap and Burrow is not helping it any with no mobility. 

P.s. One CB is not fixing this team I agree we need many changes.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:57 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I do not see them investing a top 10 pick in a TE and I like Hudson. If Awuzie leaves next year and Hilton will be 30 years old, we are going to be hurting next year if we do not get a #1 or #2 CB. CTB seems to have issues finding the ball and covering deep passes on the outside he needs to play slot next year. The Bengals value CB much higher than TE. Hudson and a rookie 2nd or 3rd round guy and sign back who we can at TE let them all fight it out for top 3 next season.

I really hate talking about the draft already if Browning got the next 2 starts, we could be going into bye at 3-3 and maybe a healthy Burrow after the bye. What will most likely happen is we start an injured Burrow with a high chance we lose both games. Collapse the pocket and you get an easy Burrow sack it is too easy for other teams facing us with Burrow at QB right now. 

P.S. Do not worry about stoping the run they will not run the ball enough to impact the game pin your ears back from the start of the game.

Hudson is a UDFA in his age 29 season who has been on 4 teams in 6 years with 19 career receptions. He's less than 100 days younger than Hayden Hurst.

Higgins is only coming back (possibly unwillingly) on a huge franchise tag.
Boyd is also a FA after this year.

Next year your weapons are currently lined up to be Ja'Marr Chase and some scrubs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hudson is a UDFA in his age 29 season who has been on 4 teams in 6 years with 19 career receptions. He's less than 100 days younger than Hayden Hurst.

Next year your weapons are currently lined up to be Ja'Marr Chase and some scrubs.

Marvin Harrison Jr may be available where the Bengals will be drafting next year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:58 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: HC can write his own check.  He took us tot he Super Bowl.  Marvin only made the play offs and had to tell the FO it’s time.

Right. 1-16 won’t end his era unfortunately. Marvin got two franchise Qbs. 3 rebuilds. So will Zac.  

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...Next year your weapons are currently lined up to be Ja'Marr Chase and some scrubs.

Burrow needs to step up his game. When you sign a contract to be the highest paid player in the NFL that limits the money that can be spent on other players.  The defense already lost some quality talent because they needed the money for Burrow and other guys on offense.  The offense and especially Burrow need to step up their game and play with who they have.  You dont get to have a loaded defense, great offensive line and great receivers to throw to when you take up so much of the salary cap with 2 or 3 players on offense.  Burrow wanted to be paid, he got it.  He cant have any excuses for not having a loaded team surrounding him.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Marvin Harrison Jr may be available where the Bengals will be drafting next year.

Huge talent, but I am starting to get worried about his durability. Seems to get hurt and exit every big game he plays in. 

...On the other hand it's hard to argue with the production OSU WRs have had in the NFL. Lol

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder if they don't put Burrow through a drill to prove he's healthy. Like hey what's your top speed again? OK show us. And yeah you have to get through this drill that proves your calf can handle unexpected movements in a game.

It's one thing to be able to walk in a a straight line and ask if you're good enough to play. They don't want those answers, they will just say "everyone plays hurt throughout the year" but if he can't do the things we list, he is not worth it to us and we need someone else to play that spot for now lol. Post hip labrum tear I took almost a year to gain confidence to try and run again, I'm no pro athlete but there was definitely a mental block for me. It'd be nice to know Burrow can still run 21 mph, that is a major confidence booster for him and I think we can see he knows he can't do that and it shows.

Can we actually win games without Burrow? Can other teams win without their starting QB? Ravens have Lamar and they win without Lamar, their coaching staff is better. I always hear people say if your star QB goes down the season is over.

Having Burrow run a MPH test is a great idea I would settle for 19 or 20 MPH he does not need to hit his max. I bet he has not pushed it close to 15 MPH most overweight DT can run Burrow down right now and everyone knows he can outrun fast DE and juke with the best of them when healthy.

I think we can with our players and a backup QB. But Zac has been told he is riding Burrows coattails for so long I think he believes it. It could be true since he refuses to run the ball and stay one dimensional.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Huge talent, but I am starting to get worried about his durability. Seems to get hurt and exit every big game he plays in. 

...On the other hand it's hard to argue with the production OSU WRs have had in the NFL. Lol

I’d hate to be in the position to draft him, but you gotta take him if you can. And I’m usually not high on drafting OSU players although I’m an OSU fan.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:35 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Burrow needs to step up his game. When you sign a contract to be the highest paid player in the NFL that limits the money that can be spent on other players.  The defense already lost some quality talent because they needed the money for Burrow and other guys on offense.  The offense and especially Burrow need to step up their game and play with who they have.  You dont get to have a loaded defense, great offensive line and great receivers to throw to when you take up so much of the salary cap with 2 or 3 players on offense.  Burrow wanted to be paid, he got it.  He cant have any excuses for not having a loaded team surrounding him.

Limits the money that can be spent, absolutely, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has said that more loudly than me over the last year or so, but it does not the picks that can be used. That line of thinking that you can't keep using high picks on WRs/TEs even if you don't plan on paying them is why Rodgers only has 1 SB.

You don't get to have a loaded defense, but that's fine because you need to support your franchise QB. The defense just needs to be okay. The time of spending tons of money on the defense is over.

Reply/Quote
Gimpy Joe or not, I just don’t see how Zac/Brian can’t get more out of these “Stars” on offense. I’m sure half the coaches in the league would love to have this roster and would get more out of these guys on offense. Every damn game it’s like Zac is just now hearing Joe is injured as he scrambles to find plays to work. It’s like last week there were so many complaints about the play calling that we forced Zach’s hand into mixing up the playcalling and moving Chase around to get him the ball. Then right back to his conservative shit play calling today. If the QB’s injury is sufficient enough where you can only pick from a hand full of plays, then that QB shouldn’t be in there.
Reply/Quote
Sitting here watching all my Fanduel teams lose because of the JB stack. Should have went with my heart.

Reply/Quote
No way should bengals take anything other than a lineman (preferably O but D works, too) with their first pick. They’ve used what a first rounder on Cb over the last couple of years. Have to hope they get better and build up the lines. Mimic what they are doing in Philly and SF. Dominating up front which gives their offensive playmakers time to get open and lets their DBs have to cover for much shorter time periods.

This draft has to be linemen all the way.

And right now it looks like the Nears might get Caleb Williams and MH Jr with the top 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hudson is a UDFA in his age 29 season who has been on 4 teams in 6 years with 19 career receptions. He's less than 100 days younger than Hayden Hurst.

Nawww I think Charlie will fill in nicely fit Boyd. Hope Higgins stays, if not the Hawaiian will really need to step up. Guess we will see how well he does while Higgins is out.
Reply/Quote
NJ Bengals fan taking the loss hard.

Reply/Quote

Chuck Sizzle or his non superhero name Charlie Jones is no scrub neither is Yoshi both have bright futures. I do think we need to invest in a WR next year on some level {free agent or draft} if Tee is not here.

I could care less what Hudson has done in the past he produces when he gets the ball 2 targets 2 competitions today. Feed the boy the rock before you try to draft a TE high see what you got with the guy. Hudson has 19 catches in 5 years you say he sucks I say he has lots of tread on his tires left. He is currently 28 years old we play guys up till they are 30. 
Reply/Quote
Agree with Lance completely on this....

Reply/Quote
We need a stud Center. I like Karras don’t get me wrong. I just like him better at Guard.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Limits the money that can be spent, absolutely, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has said that more loudly than me over the last year or so, but it does not the picks that can be used. That line of thinking that you can't keep using high picks on WRs/TEs even if you don't plan on paying them is why Rodgers only has 1 SB.

You don't get to have a loaded defense, but that's fine because you need to support your franchise QB. The defense just needs to be okay. The time of spending tons of money on the defense is over.

Then nobody should complain about the defense not being all that good.  We let Bates, Bell and Apple all leave.  We saw what the secondary looks like having let that talent leave so we could use the money on Burrow and other players on offense.

If we are going to spend money on the offense and let good defensive players walk, the offense needs to carry the team.  We have Burrow.   We have Chase.  We have Higgins.  We have Boyd.  We have Mixon.  We went out and signed Orlando Brown Jr. after signing Karras and Cappa last year.  We made Burrow the highest paid player in the NFL.  The offense needs to do better.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 09:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We need a stud Center. I like Karras don’t get me wrong. I just like him better at Guard.

Karras has never been a good center.  He didnt play well there in Miami.  He didnt play well there in New England.   He did much better in New England when Belichick had him at LG.  What did our brilliant coaching staff decide?  Lets sign him and move him back to center where he doesnt play as well.   You just got to love the decision making from Pollack and Taylor on that one.
Reply/Quote
This season is toast, I had a feeling it was going to be a bad year, things just aren't breaking their way. They've been blown out twice already....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote