Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
{ Bengals - Titans Postgame Reactions Thread }
(10-01-2023, 05:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That was the worst game in the Burrow era.

He needs to go on the IR. He's not healthy and going out there is only risking more severe injury.

Season is over.

I don’t know about that. The Browns game was pretty bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure why people keep saying trade Tee for a 1st rnd pick. We ain’t getting a 1st for him. Our only choice is to Tag him. They obviously don’t want to pay him. Other teams know this.
Reply/Quote
That was brutal. Honestly I stopped watching and that's hard for it to be that bad that I stop watching. Just doesn't feel like a game where there is any positivity going forward.
I think the defense was always gonna take a step backward with the losses we had and the offense was gonna need to make up the difference. But I've been a little surprised as our front 7 has seemed to struggle. The offense is just terrible. Not much else to say.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:33 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: But all I was hearing was 'a broken Joe Burrow gives us more chance of a W than Browning'.

And he has accounted for more turnovers than POINTS. FGs, rushing TD and return TD. Another QB can just lean on rushing, maybe a playaction here and there and Burrow could be rehabbing. Now the Joe Burrow is an ic sculpture and banged up his elbow. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sitting a calf strain down doesn't improve it beyond a point. It just has to heal. Burrow has to be more aware in the pocket and he has to get his accuracy back - his throwing motion is off. 

And having him play at half speed gives us what???? 3 points

Sick of hearing that crap. He's a way worse injury waiting to happen
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The offense should be 31st in the league through 4 games now, unless the Jets somehow go nuts tonight against Chiefs. I'm not saying Burrow's calf isn't helping matters at all because it isn't, but no way it's the only reason by any means for such a massive drop-off when there hasn't been a drop-off elsewhere.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:40 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I’m not sure why people keep saying trade Tee for a 1st rnd pick.   We ain’t getting a 1st for him.  Our only choice is to Tag him.  They obviously don’t want to pay him.  Other teams know this.

I think they'll pay him, but not what he wants.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:41 PM)Destro Wrote: And he has accounted for more turnovers than POINTS. FGs, rushing TD and return TD. Another QB can just lean on rushing, maybe a playaction here and there and Burrow could be rehabbing. Now the Joe Burrow is an ic sculpture and banged up his elbow. 

Especially when we seemed to run the ball well today! At least to start.

And then the geniuses who call the plays decided to move away from it the minute we gave up a TD. 

It's just a no-brainer to sit him at this stage. But I'm not confident, considering he missed no snaps in a blowout loss.
Reply/Quote
Did Hayden Hurst, Jessie Bates, and Von Bell make that big of a difference?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And having him play at half speed gives us what???? 3 points

Sick of hearing that crap. He's a way worse injury waiting to happen

I was simply pointing out that sitting him will not improve the calf. He likely does need to sit simply because he cannot operate the offense right now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That was the worst game in the Burrow era.

He needs to go on the IR. He's not healthy and going out there is only risking more severe injury.

Season is over.

You have to sit him until the bye at the very least.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Did Hayden Hurst, Jessie Bates, and Von Bell make that big of a difference?

They would just be making less money to watch us lose. 

Helpful?     No doubt.  
Changing L's to W's?   I'm not so sure.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow refusing to sit is killing us and Zac not having the guts to sit him is even worse. Burrow is killing any chance at wins this year and making our top 3 WR look like trash. Burrow is a mobile QB that is trying to be a pocket passer he watches the rush engulf him 3 or 4 times today and did not even drop back a step or two to avoid the rush another few secs. He looks defeated he looks like it is becoming a mental issue as well as a physical one. The coach or front office needs to yank him out till he is healthy for his own good. Not only can you get this guy a serious injured running around while he is hobbled but you can and will screw this guy's mind up if you play him all year injured. Joe will have to relearn how to play QB and be accurate again and I do not trust the coaches to be able to fix his issues next year if this continues all year.
Reply/Quote
I turned if off after the 2nd TD hoping against hope that it would get better..Nope! Look forward to the #1 overall pick in the draft and call it a day. Trade next big upcoming contracts for additional picks and reload.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I expected the 1990s-era Bengals to get blown out on a regular basis.

Not this team. No way. 1-3 is a nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: That was brutal. Honestly I stopped watching and that's hard for it to be that bad that I stop watching. Just doesn't feel like a game where there is any positivity going forward.
I think the defense was always gonna take a step backward with the losses we had and the offense was gonna need to make up the difference. But I've been a little surprised as our front 7 has seemed to struggle. The offense is just terrible. Not much else to say.

CTB getting burnt weekly, 50 yard bombs. Nothing going right but that is a concern moving forward as is our QB. Neither are working.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:33 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely, and I was saying this after week 1. But all I was hearing was 'a broken Joe Burrow gives us more chance of a W than Browning'.

Maybe so fellas, but we sure don't seem that much further forward right now. And like you've said, all we're maybe doing here is pushing back our QB's health.

I was screaming for this team to start the season with a backup. Didn’t think we stood any chance against Cleveland regardless if Joe played or not. But now they have themselves in a pickle. Interested to see if we bench him next week, or just keep pushing him through it. We sat him for over a month and it didn’t do any good. If he gets benched it will have to be at least till them bye, and that still may not be enough time.

We are struggling so damn bad not only to win but we are struggling just to get first downs. It’s obvious the calf is limiting Burrow drastically but it almost seems like there’s something else going on. I don’t see any good coming from playing him now. Even if he was just rusty from no pre season, he should have his feet under him by now but he dosent. He’s playing scared but more importantly he’s making bad decisions. That’s what has me worried the most. Get him out, it’s going to ruin him. He’s going to cause some arm/shoulder damage too throwing the ball using more upper body strength than he should.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)Destro Wrote: Just remember, even if the D played a great game, the offense came up with 3 points. The offense has one TD this year....4 games in. We are playing the worst football in 4 decades

Fixed it to ya Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Start Browning before Joe gets a much more serious injury. Get a top ten pick. Trade Tee if you can get a first for him. See what Battle can do. No Super Bowl this year. Prepare for next.
Our front office will say it's not our job to make other teams better. Tee will just sign for insane money with the Giants or Panthers next year and we will get a comp pick.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Zac has been a bad playcaller since he's been here. He's just being exposed... again since he doesn't have a healthy Burrow to give Chase the ball
Reply/Quote