Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Twitter with a hilarious Tweet
(10-14-2021, 01:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: How do other teams do this? I keep asking and it's "curious" no one responds. I guess Bengals are the only ones who have covid restrictions. 

Dunno. You can go to NFL.com and click on any team at the top and i believe it will take you to their official site. From there you can click on any video tab and watch to see if you catch any teams holding conferences outside of their media room. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 01:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seriously? That is the stupidest thing I have heard.

So you don't put on nicer clothes for a funeral, job interview, or date? You don't clean your house before you're having guests over? You let your lawn just go to absolute shit and look like a jungle? If you owned a restaurant why not just write your menu on some cardboard boxes and have some milk crate chairs while you sit around in underwear, a bathrobe, and a neckbeard.

THAT sounds to me like you've lost at life. 

Appearance has a lot of connection to mentality. Mentality has a lot of connection to success. People talk all the time on here about Burrow's swagger/confidence and how much of a plus it is and how much it spreads. What did he do when he got drafted? He got new teeth. He got expensive new suits. Has Joe Burrow already lost at life?

Ok...

That walkway is used by the players and paint is going to peel off the walls like they do at other stadiums. 99+% of the time, the camera angle is not going to show any of that stuff; paint, cart, etc. It just so happens, someone took a pic of it and had a little fun of it, then Joe Thomas tweeted something serious and stupid. I guarantee you, just about every stadium has walls that look like that where players come out. Would it have looked better on the organization if someone had stood back, taken a look and said "that needs to be painted so we don't look like a 2nd class organization"? Sure. But if they have to paint that area, how big is the entire area that needs to be painted? How much of the rest of the wall needs to be painted. If all that is taken care of, what about if someone takes a pic up higher, near where the fans sit and it doesn't look great. What about the concrete they're walking on?

Etc, etc, etc. 

It's just plain silliness.

People are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 02:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Clearly it deserves a spot on the brand new Ring of Honor

The org definitely should throw out a tweet with the cart photoshopped into the ring of honor. 

Reply/Quote
For the next press conference they should have Chad Johnson roll the cart out and the cart should have a jacket draped over it that says, "Future H.O.F. 20??" Big Grin

For the record I could not care less about what people are saying on Twitter about a cart or if they are making fun of my favorite team. I've been a fan long enough that jokes about the Bengals mean nothing. Many of them were earned anyway. But I'm just a fan of a team and if people want to make fun of that team then go for it. I'll go about my day the same either way and might even get a laugh out of some of the jokes.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 01:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seriously? That is the stupidest thing I have heard.

So you don't put on nicer clothes for a funeral, job interview, or date? You don't clean your house before you're having guests over? You let your lawn just go to absolute shit and look like a jungle? If you owned a restaurant why not just write your menu on some cardboard boxes and have some milk crate chairs while you sit around in underwear, a bathrobe, and a neckbeard.

THAT sounds to me like you've lost at life. 

Appearance has a lot of connection to mentality. Mentality has a lot of connection to success. People talk all the time on here about Burrow's swagger/confidence and how much of a plus it is and how much it spreads. What did he do when he got drafted? He got new teeth. He got expensive new suits. Has Joe Burrow already lost at life?

You misunderstood.

If one goes on thinking that appearances mean more than actual, tangible results, then all is lost.

In context to the team, if you win games and/or championships, you aren't going to think a team is bad because of a cart. If you choose to make fun of a team because of a damn cart, ignoring the purpose and results of the team itself, then you're lost, period.

And as a matter of fact, the bold above is a bunch of bullshit. Swagger and confidence have *0* to do with appearance. Burrow did not have the greatest teeth; he wanted to fix that. He has an affinity for fine clothes (which is paradoxical, as he dresses in childish socks and pocket squares, which IMMEDIATELY diminish the guy's look, if you at all have a fashion sense), so he bought them. How does that make him more efficient at his job or more serious at his craft? It doesn't and those that equate Burrow's look to his performance, have it completely twisted, as that's an absolutely false equivalency.

EDIT* To make a football comparison (thank you the Simpsons), Joe Namath was always dressed to the 9s, looked great for the ladies and had an undeniable, "swagger."

He was also one of the worst starting QBs in league history. While Johnny Unitas was drab, simple and would never stand out in a room of normal people. He is a HoFer and unquestionably, one of the 10 greatest QBs of all time.

I dress like absolute crap, relative to my job (I have easily been the worst-dressed person in my financial jobs, beyond the shadow of a doubt), yet I know for a fact that my demeanor and confidence are MOUNTAINS higher than anyone at said jobs that I've ever encountered (you can talk to my past managers about that as well and they would gladly back it up).

What matters are RESULTS, efficiency, accuracy and performance. Appearance means **** all and those who DO put stock in appearance, "because of the mentality," are just incredibly superficial and clearly care about the surface and not what counts underneath or anything tangible.

That's why I've been promoted twice at my current job, in 4 years. That's why I've gotten 7 raises in these 4 years. That's why I've had *5* different branches contact me today for assistance/advice, when my job is to communicate with members, respond to loan inquiries and has 0 to do with supporting any staff, branch or on my team. My results significantly outshine, "how I look," and those with a brain and who aren't superficial, recognize this and operate accordingly.

Of course, you want to look the bare minimum of professional, classy, etc. the rest? It all goes down to your results.

That's why the world is in the shits in the modern day, because the population puts more emphasis on appearance than guts, "swagger," than tangible results and performance. That superficial crap never holds and is the reason why we are devolving as a civilization, rather than evolving (socially, I mean).

Appearance only ENHANCES what is really there, but that's why it's a superficial quality, because it doesn't change the actual, tangible things.

And as for funerals, job interviews, etc., they are EVENTS; you are supposed to dress up for an event because it is an EVENT, not something you are judged on for your daily life/merit.

Sorry to be even more crass, but that was also a completely bullshit comparison.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 03:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And as for funerals, job interviews, etc., they are EVENTS; you are supposed to dress up for an event because it is an EVENT, not something you are judged on for your daily life/merit.

Whenever I have to go to an event like that, I just send the cart in my place to represent me. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Why not use this instead to put all their recording devices in. More fun to watch too!

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2F...f=1&nofb=1]
Reply/Quote
Elizabeth is awesome. She just made Joe Thomas look like a fool. Good stuff
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys just used a freaking music stand, like you use in band class, for the same purpose. Since they have a billion dollar stadium can we now move on from this dumb ass argument that has no real basis in reality?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 02:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok...

That walkway is used by the players and paint is going to peel off the walls like they do at other stadiums. 99+% of the time, the camera angle is not going to show any of that stuff; paint, cart, etc. It just so happens, someone took a pic of it and had a little fun of it, then Joe Thomas tweeted something serious and stupid. I guarantee you, just about every stadium has walls that look like that where players come out. Would it have looked better on the organization if someone had stood back, taken a look and said "that needs to be painted so we don't look like a 2nd class organization"? Sure. But if they have to paint that area, how big is the entire area that needs to be painted? How much of the rest of the wall needs to be painted. If all that is taken care of, what about if someone takes a pic up higher, near where the fans sit and it doesn't look great. What about the concrete they're walking on?

Etc, etc, etc. 

It's just plain silliness.

People are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

One of my favourite Sopranos lines ever:

[Image: gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Cowboys just used a freaking music stand, like you use in band class, for the same purpose. Since they have a billion dollar stadium can we now move on from this dumb ass argument that has no real basis in reality?

We can't let them one up us like this.  The Twitter universe is depending on it.  The Bengals now need to use a garbage can with the lid turned upside down for the reporters to put their recording devices in.   It would not only be funny but also a reference to the trash that Twitter and social media is as a whole.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 01:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: How do other teams do this? I keep asking and it's "curious" no one responds. I guess Bengals are the only ones who have covid restrictions. 

Saw this on Twitter. Must be a poverty franchise. They don’t even have a cart.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:15 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Elizabeth is awesome. She just made Joe Thomas look like a fool. Good stuff

I don't know if she's the Tweeter; I think it's that guy on the Marketing team.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: One of my favourite Sopranos lines ever:

[Image: gif]

It's not showing up on my screen!!  Cry

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Saw this on Twitter. Must be a poverty franchise. They don’t even have a cart.

Cheap bastards!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Saw this on Twitter. Must be a poverty franchise. They don’t even have a cart.

OMG! Look at the bottom of that wall back there! 

What? They can't spring for some paint to spruce it up??!!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not showing up on my screen!!  Cry

No!

I'll post the clip, 2 seconds long :)

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/75ff8e6b-a6ba-4863-b0e5-557d616750cf
Reply/Quote
There's got to be an acronym for C.A.R.T.

Cash
Absent
Recorder
Table
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Reports from Bengals management about the recent usage of Dusty Cart.

Blackburn "These fans think you can just find a good cart anywhere. You just can't go to Walmart and get a decent cart."
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: OR maybe people are mocking the people mocking the Bengals because it's a stupid thing to try to shit on the Bengals with. 

I mean, I get it, you hate the Bengals and think they deserve nothing but mockery even when they have a winning record after 5 games and while the Bengals aren't infallible and deserving of some criticism, things like using a cart for reporters to use is not one of them. But, this is a free country and you want to shit on the Bengals, go ahead. Just stop wondering why some of us fans don't do it all the time like some of you do.
Right? It's a kart! For reporters, recorders.. This is why I say they gotta win playoff games to make this go away..
The media will hate on the Bengals for anything.. 
Reply/Quote