Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals UDFAs
(05-02-2016, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gimme the LB outta ASU as my UDFA fav.

Welp, so much for that:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/16/instead-of-a-bengals-tryout-arizona-state-linebacker-indicted/

Quote:Suffice it to say, Antonio Longino probably isn’t getting that tryout with the Bengals now.

The former Arizona State linebacker, who was reportedly going to minicamp with the Bengals as a tryout player, has been indicted on charges related to a murder investigation instead.

According to WOIO, Longino was indicted on Friday of tampering with evidence and obstructing justice charges in Cleveland. He was arrested the day after a man was shot and killed at a bar, and a car with two bullet holes was found behind his aunt’s house. Another man, Steven Johnson, has been charged with murder and felonious assault.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 04:18 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You have to believe Matt Johnson will be the favorite for the #3 QB job. Hobs even said that Johnson was our #1 undrafted target.

That makes this REALLY unexpected news, then. Johnson was waived. We're bringing in Joe Licata for Buffalo for a try out.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Shady Wrote: That makes this REALLY unexpected news, then. Johnson was waived. We're bringing in Joe Licata for Buffalo for a try out.

Which blew my mind. There was a lot of hype around Johnson. Plenty of draft analysts said he was a great developmental QB. Either Licata stepped up in his tryout or Johnson didn't look good during rookie camp.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 05:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Which blew my mind. There was a lot of hype around Johnson. Plenty of draft analysts said he was a great developmental QB. Either Licata stepped up in his tryout or Johnson didn't look good during rookie camp.

Something had to have happened because right after rookie camp was over you had articles like this coming out http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/sports/cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-matt-johnson-impres/nrJyP/

I wonder if he got hurt or maybe he wasn't fitting in with the rest of the room?  Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist but it makes you wonder.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if once they got him in they realized he wasn't going to be able to run an NFL offense.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:36 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yep. I live 15 minutes away from Charlotte (Don't let my name fool you).

Whereabouts will you be moving?

looks like its going to be the burbs of Charlotte, actually SC Fort Mills....Is this a good area?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp, so much for that:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/16/instead-of-a-bengals-tryout-arizona-state-linebacker-indicted/

Well his football career is ruined.  Shocked
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 09:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if once they got him in they realized he wasn't going to be able to run an NFL offense.

Seemed plenty smart to me and everyone said he was throwing the ball well.

My guess was it was his size and the unwillingness to let anyone else on the roster go.

Seems a shame.  I had heard nothing but good stuff about him.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 06:29 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Something had to have happened because right after rookie camp was over you had articles like this coming out http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/sports/cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-matt-johnson-impres/nrJyP/

I wonder if he got hurt or maybe he wasn't fitting in with the rest of the room?  Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist but it makes you wonder.

Maybe they didn't think they could stick him on their Practice Squad.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 01:05 AM)TKUHL Wrote: looks like its going to be the burbs of Charlotte, actually SC Fort Mills....Is this a good area?

Fort Mill is nice from what I understand. They have an excellent Greenway that is huge and hosts a variety of activities during the year. Carowinds is a good amusement park and continues to grow. The U.S. Whitewater Center in Charlotte is a must-visit. You are about 30 minutes away from Charlotte for some good nightlife and the weather is awesome year round. If you have to commute to Charlotte though, I suggest giving yourself plenty of time. Route 77 in the morning sucks.
Reply/Quote
Put me in there with the dudes surprised at letting Matt Johnson go for Licata.
Reply/Quote