Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals at Baltimore Predictions
Is Flacco definitely out?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Is Flacco definitely out?

No, day-to-day, last I read.  Hope he plays, we've owned him for the most part.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Add On : Firing Austin can't hurt their chances. Just might help. At Baltimore still a tough game and don't bet money on Bengals. Hey, I'm rooting for Bengals and maybe Marvin taking over the D just might help. It can't hurt. This would be a big win because with 3 home game left, a win sets up a possible 9 or 10 win season. If Marvin turns D around over last 7 games, there is still hope. So tell the Fat Lady to hold up a little bit. They just Fired Austin, and that might improve Bengals chances. At least there is hope it does.

OK, I'll stay the homer. It does help the D. Bengals struggle but pull off a win in Baltimore. With Marvin taking over D, at least he forces the other teams punter on the field. Under Austin, the other teams punter didn't even need to show up for the game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Negative Nancy mode activated:

Well, it would be too good to take 2 from the Ravens. After all, when we NEED to win, we lose and when we don't we win. So this will bring us down to .500

with Flacco: 30 - 7 (Driskel scores only TD)

with Lamar 42 - 21 (A few INTs by the D for TDs and Dalton gets confidence vs a newbie and plays drastically better).

Bottom line: Blackpigeons win this one regardless of which of their QB plays.
Reply/Quote
Baltimore's fitttin' to take an ass whippin'...

Bengals 30
Ravens 10
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Kevin Huber does triple duty and plays defense for the first time and gets 9 sacks and we win walking away 83-0.. 
No? Well you negative Nancys! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals finally stop giving up 500 yards a game defensively, however still can not get it together on the offensive side of the ball

Bengals 10
Ravens 17
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:48 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Ravens are in disarray and Lamar Jackson will likely be making his first start.  Lamar Jackson is not Mahomes or Brees.  I say Bengals win 24-20.

Jackson doesn't have to be Mahomes or Brees to beat a team that can lose to TJ Yates.  I think we beat Flacco, but Jackson could be enough of a wildcard to beat us.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jackson doesn't have to be Mahomes or Brees to beat a team that can lose to TJ Yates.  I think we beat Flacco, but Jackson could be enough of a wildcard to beat us.

Unknown QBs have a tendency to play well against us. It all started with Favre and has continued since. Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:58 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cincinnati will win.  The Ravens are in free fall toward obscurity.  In a week the Bengals will be 6-4 and still in the playoff picture.

John Harbaugh is NOT going to let this happen.  He has never lost 4 games in a row since he became HC of the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: John Harbaugh is NOT going to let this happen.  He has never lost 4 games in a row since he became HC of the Ravens.

It might be out of his control.  He couldn't stop the Bengals from keeping them out of the playoffs last year and I'm pretty sure he wanted to a whole lot.

Since that SB run, he hasn't been all that special.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:45 PM)McC Wrote: It might be out of his control.  He couldn't stop the Bengals from keeping them out of the playoffs last year and I'm pretty sure he wanted to a whole lot.

Since that SB run, he hasn't been all that special.

With the talent, lack thereof, I think he is still one of the best coaches in the NFL, although I don't care for some of his sideline antics.

I think he's as much in control, or lack there of, that Marvin is on the other side.

Either way he's never lost 4 in a row. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
Gonna be tough sledding without #18.

That said, maybe another week of reps with the young'ns helps the timing a bit and the offense plays at least decent.  If Merv can get the defense to at least stop the bleeding, Bengals have a puncher's chance.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gonna be tough sledding without #18.

That said, maybe another week of reps with the young'ns helps the timing a bit and the offense plays at least decent.  If Merv can get the defense to at least stop the bleeding, Bengals have a puncher's chance.

It's an uphill battle for sure.  Harbaugh is coming off a bye, and at home, with a record I know he doesn't want to break.
Reply/Quote
Ross and Mixon have a good day. Flacco out. Bengals 27 Ravens 20
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I could see it going either way, but wouldn't bet on Jackson or Flacco. Especially not the week after the DC's head just rolled. The bigger question is if Dalton can get the pass game going with this crop of receivers. 

Bengals 30
Ravens 27
Reply/Quote
Don't see them beating Ravens there. The D will show better but still give up 30 points. Offense will struggle again, look strong early but stall out in second half again. Too many 3 and outs and punt. Ravens 30-17.

Marvin won't be able to find a magic wand in 1 week.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 06:55 PM)J.Moore Wrote: Don't see them beating Ravens there. The D will show better but still give up 30 points. Offense will struggle again, look strong early but stall out in second half again. Too many 3 and outs and punt.  Ravens 30-17.

Marvin won't be able to find a magic wand in 1 week.

With all due respect, ain't no damn way the Ratbirds are scoring 30.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:14 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: With the talent, lack thereof, I think he is still one of the best coaches in the NFL, although I don't care for some of his sideline antics.

He has a losing record (44-45) since 2012 and has only made the playoffs once.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 07:12 PM)McC Wrote: With all due respect, ain't no damn way the Ratbirds are scoring 30.

Are you kidding? If they hold them to 30 or less we have a chance to win. I just don't see the Bengals D suddenly becoming stingy in 1 week. I hope I'm wrong and would like to see them "only" allow 20 points. Then next week the Browns, and I don't care what anybody says they are no pushover anymore even with Hue here now.
Reply/Quote