Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals at Baltimore Predictions
(11-16-2018, 11:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why are so many predicting a Ravens victory? We already beat them once this season and that was with Austin as our DC. Yeah, I know things aren't exactly the same going in (injuries and location of the game, for example), but people are acting like we're playing another Saints/Chiefs like team. Man up, people. This is the Ravens. Merv is to the Ravens what the Steelers are to Merv. I fully expect us to win this game, even if the defense plays like it has all season.

The Ravens are one of the few decent teams Marvin has a good record against and they're not in any way a powerhouse this season.

I'd say at their house it's 50/50
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually this is not true at all.

Actually, it's very true. All you have to do is look at last week. One TD against one of the worst defenses in the league. 
Reply/Quote
I actually have more confidence in the Bengals if Flacco plays vs Lamar Jackson. But regardless, I'm skeptical the Bengals will win in Baltimore.

If Flacco, Ravens win 20-14
If Jackson, Ravens win 27-14
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 01:23 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Actually, it's very true. All you have to do is look at last week. One TD against one of the worst defenses in the league. 

We also only had 1 td against KCs horrible defense with Green playing.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We also only had 1 td against KCs horrible defense with Green playing.

Not sure I understand your point. Are you trying to say the offense is as good without AJ as it is with him??
Reply/Quote
Bengals -31
Ravens - 24
Reply/Quote
I've been with holding my prediction waiting on injury report.

I'd still bet even considering our D it will be a lower to medium scoring game.

Bengals: 23
Ravens: 20

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 11:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why are so many predicting a Ravens victory? We already beat them once this season and that was with Austin as our DC. Yeah, I know things aren't exactly the same going in (injuries and location of the game, for example), but people are acting like we're playing another Saints/Chiefs like team. Man up, people. This is the Ravens. Merv is to the Ravens what the Steelers are to Merv. I fully expect us to win this game, even if the defense plays like it has all season.

I see your logic but, Bengals are seriously injured, TE, LB, Kroft out for the season, the Defense in repair mode, Marvin still calling shots and playing there. I just don't see a Bengals win. Maybe Hue will help alot, who knows but remember Marv has whats left of the D learning to tackle in 3 days.

I won't feel confident even playing the Raiders soon. What started out as a promising season is encountering problem after problem and I feel it will be too much to overcome for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
Ravens - 30
Bengals - 20
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:19 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Not sure I understand your point. Are you trying to say the offense is as good without AJ as it is with him??

My point is very simple.  The following statement is completely false

(11-16-2018, 10:15 AM)Fullrock Wrote: This team has proven time and again that no AJ equals no offense. Ravens 20-10.

The Bengals offense has performed well before in games with AJ missing.
Reply/Quote
Ravens - 13
Bengals - 10

Kickers duel!
Reply/Quote
20 to 17 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Defense is much improved overnight.

34 - 26 Bengals !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My point is very simple.  The following statement is completely false

The Bengals offense has performed well before in games with AJ missing.

I mean sure, you can site a handful of examples where the offense played at least decently well in AJ's absence, but all in all, when he is not on the field, it has led to decreased offensive production. I'll put money on that they don't score 2 offensive TD's in this game. 
Reply/Quote
We make Lamar Jackson look like a Pro Bowler.

Ravens 34
Bengals 20
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Last night I had a dream that the Bengals allowed 109 points to the Ravens.

Post game press conference with Marvin:
"I mean, I don't know what you guys expected. I haven't coached a defense in nearly 16 years."

They did score 78 points though, so.
You know.
Silver Lining.

As for my realistic prediction, I'll go with 28-24 Bengals.

Another nail biter but we squeak it out because our defense figures out how to contain Lamar Jackson after half time (think a Miami Dolphins style comeback game.)
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin will make a difference with the defense.

If AJ was able to play at anywhere near close to full strength, I would predict a Bengals win.  But if we couldn't score without him against the Saints' crappy D, I'm not feeling confident we can score enough against the Ratbirds, whose D is way better and is getting Mosley back.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Again, with the coaching moves, I'm hoping Bengals not only pull off win in Baltimore to get to 6-4. I'm also hoping Bengals beat Browns in Cincy next week to get to 7-4. Beat Broncos and Raiders in Cincy to get to 9 Wins. That leaves at Chargers, Browns, Steelers to try to get 10 or 11 or even 12 wins. So I'm rooting for Bengals today. GO BENGALS. .....If they can turn defense around, If the O Line blocking continues to improve, this team could get real good late in season, as all coaches everywhere hope for. Coaching changes show they are at least trying, so I have a new HOPE that I didn't have after the Saints game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 02:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Last night I had a dream that the Bengals allowed 109 points to the Ravens.

I had a dream.  I had an awesome dream.

[Image: lionel-tichie-seeu_510777.jpg]

Phat Randy at the gun, 23-21!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
20-17 Bengals

Marvin has really gone out on a limb to take the defense under his wing. If the season collapses, all fingers will point at him. I think against the Ravens' backup QB(s), he will pull it off. The OL has to get some push and Mixon may have to carry this game on his shoulders.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote