Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals at Baltimore Predictions
(11-14-2018, 07:40 PM)J.Moore Wrote: Are you kidding? If they hold them to 30 or less we have a chance to win. I just don't see the Bengals D suddenly becoming stingy in 1 week. I hope I'm wrong and would like to see them "only" allow 20 points. Then next week the Browns, and I don't care what anybody says they are no pushover anymore even with Hue here now.

What I said is more of a comment on the shittiness of their offense than the power of our D.  Our D might not be good enough to stop the Saints, but it is good enough to stop the Flaccos or even the Jacksons.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
NP, hey I thought we would hang with Brees within 14 -17 pts. I expected a loss but not that embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
Start Auden Tate,Tyler Boyd,John Ross( in the slot),Uzomah @ TE,Bengals win 24-20
Reply/Quote
If Marvin can get any kind of semblance of order from the D, I like our chances against either QB. That's a tall order to do in 1 week though.

Our offense also needs to recapture it's mojo and I'm not sure they're gonna be able to put it back together with no AJ ?

I'd guess a fairly low scoring game all things considered.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bengals win. Need to get Erickson involved in the receiving game. Mixon will do ok. Players will be motivated. 21-10 Bengals.

Bengals win this game,I am concerned about what linebackers are we playing, as it looks like Preston Brown is out,Nick is out number 52 is out,looks like rooks are going to be next man up.The dirty birds are super tough to beat at their house ,so this is going to be a war for sure.I hope our team can pull this one out.Need to score 30 to win this.I am hopeful. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
If Flacco is out, we will beat them.

If Flacco is in, we will beat them even worse.
Reply/Quote
If Jackson is starting at QB, our Defense will turn him into the next Joe Montana with Mike Vick speed and moves, an unstoppable force.  No one has taught this d-line that the secret to stopping a dual-threat QB is to CONTAIN him.  keep him in the pocket and make his arm beat you, not his legs.  all we will do is give chase to this guy who runs like a gazelle.  We're screwed.  34-16 Ravens

If Flacco starts......we at least have a chance against the Rat-birds.  We do seem to play pretty well against them most of the time. 
I say, 32-17 Ravens.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
The complete decimation of our linebacker corps is extremely worrisome.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
For me it all comes down to running the ball with Mixon and Gio and targeting these two out of the backfield. Plus, Andy can't have an Andy day, but he needs to have a good day hitting the receivers. But it will all open up if the running game shows up. I know the Ravens D is tough against the run, therefore it is the running game that must show up and put Baltimore on their heals.

If we only give Mixon 11 carries and throw to him twice, it's going to be a long day for Dalton and our hapless D.

Reply/Quote
For me the last three games have been kind of disgraceful, even the win against the Buccaneers. Putrid defense and an offense that goes to sleep in the second half is just not going to work. If there's some sign of turning a corner, like the defense clamping down a little bit and the offense fighting for all four quarters, then it would at least be less painful to watch if the Bengals lost.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 07:40 PM)J.Moore Wrote: Are you kidding? If they hold them to 30 or less we have a chance to win. I just don't see the Bengals D suddenly becoming stingy in 1 week. I hope I'm wrong and would like to see them "only" allow 20 points. Then next week the Browns, and I don't care what anybody says they are no pushover anymore even with Hue here now.

The Browns are not weak. I’m convinced with this as well.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 07:12 PM)McC Wrote: With all due respect, ain't no damn way the Ratbirds are scoring 30.

The simulations give them 17 to 20 points, depending on any turnovers their defense can generate- irrespective of the QB. That is assuming time of possession that is + or minus 3 minutes.

The bye gives them an advantage, but the coaching change negates that advantage. Or more accurately, creates uncertainty.

This game is Harbaugh vs Lewis. As the season moves forward, that will be the story line.
Reply/Quote
This game is a tough one to predict, alot more variables in this one compared to previous weeks. First and foremost you have the Lewis DC factor. Huge! Will the Defense be inspired and play hard for him? I think their mental toughness and drive will be huge over his scheme. In less than one week he cant change the world.

The other is Flacco, is he playing or not?

Its going to be exciting to see what changes happen or don't this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Depends which offense shows up, the Chiefs/Saints one or the Falcons one. If they don't show, then Ravens win.

Ravens 24-20
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
For once I can not make a prediction.

I have no idea what to expect out of our defense or the Ravens offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 03:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The complete decimation of our linebacker corps is extremely worrisome.

Not really they were crap before the injuries.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
This team has proven time and again that no AJ equals no offense. Ravens 20-10.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 07:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Depends which offense shows up, the Chiefs/Saints one or the Falcons one. If they don't show, then Ravens win.

Ravens 24-20

I think this is basically the key to the rest of our season. We have to have the high powered offense show up and actually score points in the 2nd half or we're not going to fare well.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 10:15 AM)Fullrock Wrote: This team has proven time and again that no AJ equals no offense. Ravens 20-10.

Actually this is not true at all.
Reply/Quote
Why are so many predicting a Ravens victory? We already beat them once this season and that was with Austin as our DC. Yeah, I know things aren't exactly the same going in (injuries and location of the game, for example), but people are acting like we're playing another Saints/Chiefs like team. Man up, people. This is the Ravens. Merv is to the Ravens what the Steelers are to Merv. I fully expect us to win this game, even if the defense plays like it has all season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote