Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals better go after McCarthy
(12-03-2018, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Then why is he likely to get fired in Washington?

Idk that he is. His team is 6-5, and in the playoff hunt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Didn't McCarthy get rid of Van Pelt??????

(12-03-2018, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought Van Pelt left after his contract was up, not fired?

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/while-tough-to-leave-green-bay-alex-van-pelt-moves/article_f5fe836e-4076-534d-a6ae-8bee89057ea3.html

The two-time NFL MVP created a stir during Super Bowl week when he appeared on ESPN Radio’s “Golic & Wingo” and vented about Van Pelt’s departure, saying that coach Mike McCarthy moved on from Van Pelt “really without consulting me. There’s a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach. And that was an … interesting decision.”

McCarthy announced during his season-ending Jan. 4 news conference that Van Pelt would not return, calling it “a personal contractual decision that him and I both mutually agreed on.” Multiple NFL sources said Van Pelt did not sign a contract extension before last season because he wanted to pursue an offensive coordinator job.
Reply/Quote
I personally would like to have Rex Ryan yes hes a defensive coach, but he was stuck in the afc east against the Pats. Dalton would be best QB he has ever had. keep Lazor or Hue to run offense. Let Tobin get players that Rex wants. I give Rex credit for bills success last season. Much better game manager than Marvin. He would come cheap which would fit Mike criteria as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:30 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I'll pass on McCarthy. The Bengals need young and innovative. The guy won 1 super bowl with arguably the best QB ever. His offense is stale and he couldn't adapt it to keep up with the league.

Also ask any Packer fan who their best running back is. They will easily tell you that it is Aaron Jones. Yet McCarthy kept feeding the ball to Jamaal Williams. It took him over half the season to start giving Jones the majority of the carries. That sounds like stubborn Marvin to me. I'll pass. No retreads.

Wasn't Jones hurt for half the season? and once healthy, he split reps for one week then the positon was his.

And I'd pass on McCarthy. It doesn't matter who the new coach is, they still have to deal with Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:46 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: What makes any of you think ebenezer will do an exhaustive head coach search when he has an in house yes man already in place?

Hue will work cheap, handle the press, not rock the boat and not make any demands about more control.

A couple names I’d like to see interviewed would be John defilipo and Eric bienemy, among others.  But what self respecting coach would come here when there would be little say in what goes on here?  Job security is their biggest selling point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey has clung to Marvin for so long because he's afraid of a return to the '90's.  No way he hires a coach that's worse than any coach he had in the '90's.  

Again, Marvin pushed Mike to put the "succession plan" to Hue in writing and Mikey refused.  Then, Hue took the Browns job.  If Hue was Mike's guy, he would have locked him up then instead of letting him walk to a division rival.  If Mike wasn't sold on Hue before the Cleveland mess, no way he hires him now.
Reply/Quote
IT's sad when your QB runs the organization...... once Jordan was sent packing, McCarthy's end was sealed. Rodgers never forgave him for that. Probably supported his firing in house in private. Good thing we don't have Rodgers in our organization. When a player influences your organization too much, it is never good. (Happen with 85 too after we started winning and he became the news).
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: If they truly care about change get rid of Marvin and Hue and everyone of the clowns that are in that organization and bring in McCarthy.

Rumor has it, MB is considering Charley McCarthy!

[Image: fCBRUlb.jpg]

Charley and Mike Brown back in the day!!
Reply/Quote
I'd be for it simply for the fact that his teams have beaten the Steelers in a superbowl. Not sure on his overall record against them but it's almost assuredly better than Marvin's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'll pass on McCarthy. His offense seems to be getting outdated. If it wasn't for Rogers and his improvising, they would have fired McCarthy a year ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Wasn't Jones hurt for half the season? and once healthy, he split reps for one week then the positon was his.

And I'd pass on McCarthy. It doesn't matter who the new coach is, they still have to deal with Mike Brown.

So you'd pass on McCarthy because he'd have to work with Mike Brown? So do you mean you don't care who is hired into the role?
I'd rather SOME hope than no hope.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mikey has clung to Marvin for so long because he's afraid of a return to the '90's.  No way he hires a coach that's worse than any coach he had in the '90's.  

Again, Marvin pushed Mike to put the "succession plan" to Hue in writing and Mikey refused.  Then, Hue took the Browns job.  If Hue was Mike's guy, he would have locked him up then instead of letting him walk to a division rival.  If Mike wasn't sold on Hue before the Cleveland mess, no way he hires him now.

I hope you’re right and when ebenezer gets his straw broom out he does some serious sweeping. I’ll believe it when I see it

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mikey has clung to Marvin for so long because he's afraid of a return to the '90's.  No way he hires a coach that's worse than any coach he had in the '90's.  

I hope you’re right and when ebenezer gets his straw broom out he does some serious sweeping. I’ll believe it when I see it

Reply/Quote
Mike Zimmer is the white Marvin Lewis
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:57 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Mike Zimmer is the white Marvin Lewis

Not true Grasshopper!  He won a playoff game after 4 years, and may have won at least one more if his FG Kicker hadn't choked in 2016.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps Aaron Rodgers is a Prima Donna & refused to adapt to/with McCarthy’s offense. We’ll soon find out.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think it's just fair to say there is only one Marvin Lewis and one Bengals owner holding on to him.

I don't know of any fair comparisons on a coach keeping his job for so long without any playoff success.

Jim Mora is the closest/best comparison, but he didn't last as long as Merv. No one ever has. 

Mora was fired during his 11th season with the Saints, with an 0-4 playoff record.

(12-03-2018, 12:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I'm not so sure why people hate Hue so bad now. I remember in years past, people wanted him desperately back. Now he's here and people hate it.

I doubt that he's done much of anything to hurt the on field product or help for that matter yet.

I can only speak for myself, but I loved Hue before and want nothing to do with him now. It has nothing to do with his Browns record, which I excuse. It's that (a) I never liked him as a HC candidate and (b) if he gets promoted to OC (I do think he's good in that role), that probably means Marv is still around.

Hue just stinks of Marv. We need a clean sweep of this coaching staff. No Hue to HC. No Hue to OC. 

(12-03-2018, 01:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk that he is. His team is 6-5, and in the playoff hunt.

Not to mention they were leading their division til Alex Smith went down.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
McCarthy excites me a hell of a lot more than Marv or Hue. I'd be interested to see what he could do with the Bengals in 2-3 seasons. Mike should sign him to a 3-4 year contract. His coaching record isn't bad.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:08 PM)jason Wrote: Isn't McCarthy the white Marvin Lewis? Asking for a friend.

When did Lewis win a Super Bowl? When did Lewis make it to the Super Bowl? When did Lewis make it to the AFC Championship.......and win? When did he win in the playoffs? 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:24 PM)Adamantium Wrote: McCarthy excites me a hell of a lot more than Marv or Hue. I'd be interested to see what he could do with the Bengals in 2-3 seasons. Mike should sign him to a 3-4 year contract. His coaching record isn't bad.

It wouldn't matter if they hired McCarthy without having a true GM in place anyway. Would Brown still be the GM, if so McCarthy may not even be interested in going to the Bengals. I believe he's smarter than that? At least i hope he is!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 07:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not true Grasshopper!  He won a playoff game after 4 years, and may have won at least one more if his FG Kicker hadn't choked in 2016.

Basically most coaches who coach wins playoff games eventually.
Reply/Quote