Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bringing Greg Little in for a Try out
Little has shined so far.........im hoping the 2nd rd pedigree finally shows up come game time..........the talent is there..........gotta get his mind right

totally up to Greg to play for the Bengals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, to Little's credit (maybe the wrong word) he didn't exactly have a great QB in Cleveland and the coaching staff was a bit on the revolving door side. Last year he was an emergency replacement late in the season so perhaps working with a few great receivers and the Bengals staff perhaps his time is here. I'd love to see him emerge as a gift from above on the map of Ohio. .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:04 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well,  to Little's credit (maybe the wrong word) he didn't exactly have a great QB in Cleveland and the coaching staff was a bit on the revolving door side. Last year he was an emergency replacement late in the season so perhaps working with a few great receivers and the Bengals staff perhaps his time is here.  I'd love to see him emerge as a gift from above on the map of Ohio. .

He has always had the intangibles, but seemed to have issues with stone hands.

Then he talked big about playing the browns and came out and did nothing.

He will still have to prove a LOT to get playing time this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:12 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He has always had the intangibles, but seemed to have issues with stone hands.

Then he talked big about playing the browns and came out and did nothing.

He will still have to prove a LOT to get playing time this year.

We know transistioning into a new offense mid season isnt easy. He has been looking a lot better so far this preseason/camp. there is a nice battle happening on the back end of the WR roster though
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We know transistioning into a new offense mid season isnt easy.  He has been looking a lot better so far this preseason/camp.  there is a nice battle happening on the back end of the WR roster though

Our WR group is definitely better off this year...

Speaking of which, what happened to Sanz? is he still around?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Our WR group is definitely better off this year...

Speaking of which, what happened to Sanz? is he still around?

i was aslking myself that question the other day

He is not on the roster not sure where he went
Reply/Quote
I was disappointed when the bengals cut Little in the off-season. He was a very productive player in Cleveland for some bad teams with really bad QB play.

When the bengals picked him up mid-season, I was more excited about what he could do in his second year with the team. I didn't expect much last year after coming in when he did. Glad he will get the chance now.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 11:29 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: I was disappointed when the bengals cut Little in the off-season. He was a very productive player in Cleveland for some bad teams with really bad QB play.

When the bengals picked him up mid-season, I was more excited about what he could do in his second year with the team. I didn't expect much last year after coming in when he did. Glad he will get the chance now.

Bengals waived Dane.  Or should I say, just didn't invite him to camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 11:29 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: I was disappointed when the bengals cut Little in the off-season. He was a very productive player in Cleveland for some bad teams with really bad QB play.

Little is a typical no risk, but high reward option.

He is doing well so far, I would like to see him go against a 1st team defense in pre-season to see how he performs. I do think having a training camp and OTA's is a bigger deal than some realize. Hopefully he has a better grasp of the playbook and AD is developing trust in his route running. Of course, he also needs to fix his drop issues so he may or may not make the team. I would say he is a yes right now on a short leash.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote