Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals claim Cooper, Perine
Pharoh Cooper, former Cardinal Wideout
Samaje Perine RB Washington

No OT/LB.

Interesting that we went with an 8th receiver?

Not impressed with Perine. Didn't have a great game against us in the preseason.

Former Bengal notes.

Browns claim Malik Jefferson
Giants claim Core
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pharoah Cooper, former Cardinal Wideout

No OT/LB.

Not impressed with Perine. Didn't have a great game against us in the preseason.

Former Bengal notes.

Giants claim Core

Shocked no LB or OL. I guess they feel just bodies and no one better than what we have, or they are working on a trade???
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Perine isn't really a runner. Maybe a special teams move? Not really sure.

Cooper is really a returner and special teams WR. Interestingly, Cooper played with the Rams for 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shocked no LB or OL. I guess they feel just bodies and no one better than what we have, or they are working on a trade???

The trades usually happen BEFORE now while the guys about to be cut are still on a team roster. In general, obviously anything could happen.

It's not like starting Tackles and Guards got released though. Same with LB.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shocked no LB or OL. I guess they feel just bodies and no one better than what we have, or they are working on a trade???

or more likely a free agent.  remember vested vets don't have to clear waivers

I wonder if Cooper is an emergency signing with the injuries at WR.  As a former Ram he knows the system so he can come in and contribute immediately

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The cut is going to have to come from the Defensive side (DL) of the ball that is already short on cb's and lb's. With these players having to be on the team through week 3 I can't see any other moves. Sounds like Dolegala is legitimately on the roster if you take ZT word for it.

I can't see keeping 8 receivers so something is up there. With ZT saying no IR for AJ who's out/traded?

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:01 PM)pally Wrote: or more likely a free agent.  remember vested vets don't have to clear waivers

I wonder if Cooper is an emergency signing with the injuries at WR.  As a former Ram he knows the system so he can come in and contribute immediately

Cooper likely won't play WR on offense. He's mainly a kick/punt returner. Literally every guy we're had on the roster in camp is better than him.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The trades usually happen BEFORE now while the guys about to be cut are still on a team roster. In general, obviously anything could happen.

It's not like starting Tackles and Guards got released though. Same with LB.

After what Houston gave up to attain Tunsil, I can see why the Bengals wouldn't want to go that route.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: The cut is going to have to come from the Defensive side (DL) of the ball that is already short on cb's and lb's. With these players having to be on the team through week 3 I can't see any other moves. Sounds like Dolegala is legitimately on the roster if you take ZT word for it.

I can't see keeping 8 receivers so something is up there. With ZT saying no IR for AJ who's out/traded?

Can we keep 2 kick/punt returners in Erickson and Cooper?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cooper likely won't play WR on offense. He's mainly a kick/punt returner. Literally every guy we're had on the roster in camp is better than him.

I would have definitely kept Bryant or even Core if we needed another receiver.

They must be letting Phillips focus solely on cb with them being so thin there.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After what Houston gave up to attain Tunsil, I can see why the Bengals wouldn't want to go that route.

No doubt. I think it was Tunsil and Stills in that trade, but same point.

You basically have to get lineman through the draft or you pay a kings ransom.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: I would have definitely kept Bryant or even Core if we needed another receiver.

They must be letting Phillips focus solely on cb with them being so thin there.

Yeah...we've made a lot of questionable personnel moves in free agency, the draft, and even now. I'll just leave it at that.

Maybe they will work out. Maybe not.

It will be interesting to see who we waive.
Reply/Quote
Mixon reunited with Perine. Big back that may be used on goalline
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Erickson may still be the better returner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSSgqKX0EGk

Pharoh didn't seem like he was doing anything too special (talent wise) in those highlights. Not a breakaway speed type returner.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: The cut is going to have to come from the Defensive side (DL) of the ball that is already short on cb's and lb's. With these players having to be on the team through week 3 I can't see any other moves. Sounds like Dolegala is legitimately on the roster if you take ZT word for it.

My question as well.

Who did we cut to add these new guys?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pharoh Cooper, former Cardinal Wideout

No OT/LB.

Former Bengal notes.

Giants claim Core

Man I was high on both players coming out of college. Not a OL or LB but it’s something. Shows Brown still has a pulse I guess. I really like these two players though.
Reply/Quote

Hoping this is the case.

I like Cooper and Perine though. Perine was Mixon's fellow RB at Oki wasn't he?

Always liked Cooper.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My question as well.

Who did we cut to add these new guys?

no one yet

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cooper = see ya Josh Malone
Perine = RB depth until Williams comes back
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: Cooper = see ya Josh Malone
Perine = RB depth until Williams comes back

Yes sir Beaker.
Reply/Quote