Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim Moss
(04-12-2021, 05:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:   HUGE Randy Moss guy, if you didn't know.

I still remember that Monday Night game against the Packers in the second or third game of his rookies season when he absolutely blew up.  He had four receptions of 40+ yards and another one that was about 70 yards called back on a penalty.

People who rave about Lamar Jackson and Michael Vick act like Randall Cunningham never existed.  But he and Moss put on one of the greatest shows ever that year.  That Viking team lost in the playoffs but I could argue that it had the greatest offense in NFL history.  At least the most fun to watch.

As much as I loved to watch Moss play I NEVER thought he would ever be a commentator on TV.  If you heard him talk back then you would not believe it is the same guy you see on TV today.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, no need for Pitts now

I'm joking

Really no need to add another LSU pass catcher either
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Really no need to add another LSU pass catcher either

Eh, I would hope even the biggest Sewell guys would be interested in Marshall in the 2nd (which is unlikely).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Really no need to add another LSU pass catcher either

..and he's a good blocker, so no need to go oline...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Some terms of his contract released.

No dollar amounts yet but Bengals acknowledge he will be paid "straight cash, homey"
Reply/Quote
Finally something the entire board can agree on!!!

Good move to pick him up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No downside I can see.  Could be a nice addition with little to no risk.

I almost hope he make the team for no other reason that I think his old man is one of the coolest cats to play in the league these last few decades.  HUGE Randy Moss guy, if you didn't know.

Dream scenario:  Bengals win Superbowl with Thadeus Moss as their starting Tight End.  During the game there's numerous shots of Randy Moss and Jason Williams (White Chocolate) reunited, decked out in Bengals gear and cheering the team on.  After the win I celebrate by doing two chicks at the same time.
Had the privilege to watch Randy play high school football and basketball. A truly gifted athlete. After he went pro he would come back to Charleston and sign autographs for free at the ballpark.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I would hope even the biggest Sewell guys would be interested in Marshall in the 2nd (which is unlikely).

Marshall in the second is still my dream scenario. Even as much as I love Dyami Brown, Marshall is going to be good.

Watch them go Chase in one and Marshall in two... then with Moss they have most of the band. 

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 09:41 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: except they guy was injured coming out of college then injury that keep him out 1st year and Washington really does not have much at TE especially depth.  Logan Thomas has a solid year last year.. but he had only 30 something catches total the previous 5 years and no one that stands out behind him... We actually are in better shape than Washington at TE... so 1,2,3,4 could have applied to Washington also and they let him go, which to me means pass and look for someone at least healthy the past year or more. 

(04-12-2021, 11:46 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually to me I rather draft a TE (day 2/3) that the Bengals like and is healthy instead of signing what seems like a  waste of time and some cash on someone undrafted and has been injured since being signed in 2020

(04-12-2021, 06:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Finally something the entire board can agree on!!!

Good move to pick him up.

Apparently not...lol

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently not...lol

Damn it..... 

Reply/Quote
Good signing in terms of the Bengals having nothing to lose and the fact that Moss has chemistry with Burrow. I see him competing for the 3rd TE position also won’t be surprised if he dosen’t make the roster. He went undrafted for a reason and is somewhat overhyped due to being the son of Randy Moss.
Reply/Quote
Good grab! I hope that we get to watch him bulldoze some safeties, as Mixon cuts to the outside and scampers down the sideline.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:35 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Good signing in terms of the Bengals having nothing to lose and the fact that Moss has chemistry with Burrow. I see him competing for the 3rd TE position also won’t be surprised if he dosen’t make the roster. He went undrafted for a reason and is somewhat overhyped due to being the son of Randy Moss.

He's not nearly as athletic or as fast as his father, but he can block, has good size, and can catch passes.
Good fit for TE3 who could move up to TE2 in a couple years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think if this team didnt JB as QB then the perception
Would be different of Moss.
Its a low risk high.reward move. But because of his last name and
LSU background people assume he can recreate some magic
With JB.
The truth is, he was kinda average at LSU.
I still think the TE room needs a serious upgrade in
Dynamics. Uzomah and Sample averaged less than 10 yds
A catch combined last year.
Reply/Quote
So how did he end up going to high school in Northern KY at Boone County? His mom a local?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:19 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Had the privilege to watch Randy play high school football and basketball. A truly gifted athlete. After he went pro he would come back to Charleston and sign autographs for free at the ballpark.

Whoa, that's pretty freaking cool!

Did you get to see him play with Jason Williams on the same team?  (I think White Chocolate was year older)
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine he's anything better than TE3, which will be an issue considering I don't think he's really got the capability to do anything special teams wise or be used in the dynamic role that Cethan Carter played where he could fill various roles on the roster. Guessing he comes in as a camp body but doesn't survive cuts.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 07:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So how did he end up going to high school in Northern KY at Boone County? His mom a local?

Yeah.  His sister is around here too. (Sydney?) She was helluva basketball player.  I think she initially went to Tennessee and that transferred back near home, and absolutely dominated whatever division Thomas Moore plays in.
Reply/Quote
It won't be official unless he passes the physical, which is sketchy.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 07:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Whoa, that's pretty freaking cool!

Did you get to see him play with Jason Williams on the same team?  (I think White Chocolate was year older)

Yes, in '94 they won State. but to be honest, all eyes were on Moss. He was incredible at basketball, football baseball and track. No one in WV had ever seen such an athlete. He was the pride of West Virginia. Then, he committed to Marshall and just solidified his stature as a local legend.

Most people can't imagine the poverty and highly chemical toxic environment that Jason Williams and Randy Moss had to live in Belle. 
Reply/Quote