Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim Moss
(04-13-2021, 01:30 AM)Yogo Wrote: I miss the days of Kroft, Uzomah, and Eifert tall. 

Well, you're in luck.  That due is (unfortunately) still here (making 6.25 million dollars).
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 01:34 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, you're in luck.  That due is (unfortunately) still here (making 6.25 million dollars).
Yeah, best to cut with that price tag and achillies is hard to come back from. Sad
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 01:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Define big.

Idk 9+ ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 02:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Idk 9+ ?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 12:06 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Let me just say, I know nothing about this guy.  What I'm about to say isn't a knock on him as a player or as a person...

Guy's got a name like a Garbage Pail Kid.

If we don't pick him up we can just get Frankie Fearsome.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 07:04 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think if this team didnt JB as QB then the perception
Would be different of Moss.
Its a low risk high.reward move. But because of his last name and
LSU background people assume he can recreate some magic
With JB.
The truth is, he was kinda average at LSU.
I still think the TE room needs a serious upgrade in
Dynamics. Uzomah and Sample averaged less than 10 yds
A catch combined last year.

He set school records for receptions and yardage.
Reply/Quote
I don't see a need to be critical about this signing. Moss had a good college career and has a history with Burrow. It doesn't cost the Bengals anything to bring him and see if he can ball in the NFL. If he has talent and clicks with Burrow, the team gets better. If not, no harm done.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Fantastic, super-happy to see on Twitter Big Grin

I hope he'll make the team and be a solid contributor who plays hard, like he did at LSU. And if he doesn't make the squad? No harm done.

Helps that he's a willing-blocker too.

I wanted to see who would say it first (props).  This is a move that makes a lot of sense.  He's another Sample.  Better blocker than receiver or athlete, but a capable chain-mover.  This gives the Bengals less predictability than if they had a "move TE", which is really just a nice way for saying "a TE that isn't a very good blocker".  

This move has Pollack and Mixon all over it.  I hope Uzo is ready by the start of the season, as I like the trio of Uzo, Sample, and Moss.
Reply/Quote
Can't we get LSU's HEAD COACH instead? I'll even take him with his nearly extinct voice over Zac.

Getting players that you used to win with (in college) is a sign that Burrow and the Bengals are desperate to win but have no idea how to do it.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 02:30 AM)Yogo Wrote: Yeah, best to cut with that price tag and achillies is hard to come back from. Sad

lets make sure there is some Talent on the roster before cutting the one we got
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Can't we get LSU's HEAD COACH instead? I'll even take him with his nearly extinct voice over Zac.

Getting players that you used to win with (in college) is a sign that Burrow and the Bengals are desperate to win but have no idea how to do it.

Just last through this year when Taylor puts out another below average offense, then go get Joe Brady from Carolina to be the next HC+OC.

Brady was able to get 4129 passing yards on an offense with primarily Bridgewater at QB and McCaffrey only playing 3 games.
He found a way to spread the ball between 3 WRs (Moore, Anderson, Samuel), each putting up 850+ yards on 97+ targets.
He definitely could do the same with Boyd, Higgins, and a drafted WR (Chase?) with Burrow throwing the ball.

Some might point to the fact that the passing offense was only 18th in yards, but they were only 22nd in attempts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Can't we get LSU's HEAD COACH instead? I'll even take him with his nearly extinct voice over Zac.

It's an improvement over getting guys that you used to lose with lol
Reply/Quote

1) Draft Burrow
2) Sign Moss
3) Draft Chase
4) Fire Zac and hire former LSU offensive coordinator Joe Brady.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 8XFT0K.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He set school records for receptions and yardage.

As well He should have. He came from a high volume passing
Offense. Alot of college players set school records for whatever
Position they play, doesnt equate to prosperity at the NFL level
If he makes the team and can actually show he can
Provide a spark at TE hooray.
But Im not banking on this guy to move the needle
He was undrafted for a reason
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 12:51 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: TE is easily one of the toughest positions to make the transition from college to the NFL.

https://youtu.be/3X5zWUQUagU

Don’t sleep on Sample. He is progressively getting better and will be a big part of this offense.

Moss isn’t the same player as Sample or we wouldn’t have gotten him for free off the waiver wire today.

I mean, were 5th on the wire I believe so we only had to wait out 4 other teams (assuming other teams were interested).
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:11 PM)pally Wrote: I know how happy this will make some of you

Wanted us to draft Thaddeus, great grab. Hope he comes along reuniting with Joe. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I still remember that Monday Night game against the Packers in the second or third game of his rookies season when he absolutely blew up.  He had four receptions of 40+ yards and another one that was about 70 yards called back on a penalty.

People who rave about Lamar Jackson and Michael Vick act like Randall Cunningham never existed.  But he and Moss put on one of the greatest shows ever that year.  That Viking team lost in the playoffs but I could argue that it had the greatest offense in NFL history.  At least the most fun to watch.

As much as I loved to watch Moss play I NEVER thought he would ever be a commentator on TV.  If you heard him talk back then you would not believe it is the same guy you see on TV today.

Dante Culpepper?

Thought Randall Cunningham was always an Eagle?
Reply/Quote
I'm going to need to know Moss' separation rate before I can give my thoughts.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
At worst he ends up a camp body..at best he becomes a super star with Borrow throwing him TD after TD.. 

Personally I'm rooting for the later, but I'd settle for somewhere in the middle.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote