Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim Moss
(04-12-2021, 07:49 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yes, in '94 they won State. but to be honest, all eyes were on Moss. He was incredible at basketball, football baseball and track. No one in WV had ever seen such an athlete. He was the pride of West Virginia. Then, he committed to Marshall and just solidified his stature as a local legend.

Most people can't imagine the poverty and highly chemical toxic environment that Jason Williams and Randy Moss had to live in Belle. 

So, I'm assuming you've seen the 30 for 30 "Rand University"?

It's one of my favorites that ESPN has done, and I gotta imagine it would be even cooler for you.  On the off chance you haven't seen it I thought I should bring in it up and tell you to check it out ASAP.
Reply/Quote
nice move to see if he has anything, he's basically competing to be the #3 TE, to fill the role vacated by Carter. He has chemistry with JB, so its a good low risk/high reward move and allows us to draft a TE for competion late 6/7 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 07:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: It won't be official unless he passes the physical, which is sketchy.

True. Hopefully this isn’t like the Takk waiver claim last year
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 07:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: It won't be official unless he passes the physical, which is sketchy.

I wonder if in the offseason though they wouldn't just keep him around and see if he can rehab it and be ready for camp.

Worst case is you stash him on the PUP list and see if he gets back to healthy.

Side note, does anyone actually know what the issue is with his foot at this point? I know he had a fracture, and had surgery last Feb, but where is it at now? Same injury, not healing, not progressing?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 08:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wonder if in the offseason though they wouldn't just keep him around and see if he can rehab it and be ready for camp.

Worst case is you stash him on the PUP list and see if he gets back to healthy.

Side note, does anyone actually know what the issue is with his foot at this point? I know he had a fracture, and had surgery last Feb, but where is it at now? Same injury, not healing, not progressing?

Latest from physical:

MRW I stub my big toe on the foot of the bed followed up by the dresser. -  GIF on Imgur
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Latest from physical:

MRW I stub my big toe on the foot of the bed followed up by the dresser. -  GIF on Imgur

He can walk that off.

Reply/Quote

Damn, did this made me laugh.
Reply/Quote

He needs to soak that in some Epsom Salt...
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 08:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He needs to soak that in some Epsom Salt...

Chad would recommend a different liquid...

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Marshall in the second is still my dream scenario. Even as much as I love Dyami Brown, Marshall is going to be good.

Watch them go Chase in one and Marshall in two... then with Moss they have most of the band. 

I'd be down with Sewell in the first and Marshall in the second.  I like Marshall's size to be our new #1 to replace AJ.
Reply/Quote
Good

I hope him and Joe can get some magic going.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Moss is the same player as Sample.

Read that again
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 09:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I feel like Moss is the same player as Sample.

Read that again

If so Moss is the better value.

One cost you a 2nd rounder the other you get for free.

Reply/Quote
I don't anticipate Moss passing his physical. Hope I am wrong. I see him as H-Back.
Worth a shot, especially if "Tiger King" wants him here.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 09:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I feel like Moss is the same player as Sample.

Read that again

Moss was a more productive pass catcher in college. He had more yards in one season at LSU (570) then Sample did in all 4 years combined at Washington. Moss also caught the same amount of TD’s (5) but in only 2 seasons.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 09:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If so Moss is the better value.

One cost you a 2nd rounder the other you get for free.

It doesn’t really improve that unit though. That’s my problem
Reply/Quote
Yes Yes Yes!!! I wanted to draft him!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't anticipate Moss passing his physical. Hope I am wrong. I see him as H-Back.
Worth a shot, especially if "Tiger King" wants him here.

Please don’t bring that back. Pretty sure Joe himself said he doesn’t want to be associated with that scumbag.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Moss was a more productive pass catcher in college. He had more yards in one season at LSU (570) then Sample did in all 4 years combined at Washington. Moss also caught the same amount of TD’s (5) but in only 2 seasons.

So why didn’t miss play in Washington? Are there REs really good?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It doesn’t really improve that unit though. That’s my problem

Sure it does. If he can be a capable blocker and provide another target in the red zone that’s going to help. He’ll likely bring more than Mason Schreck, so it’s an upgrade for our TE depth.

Reply/Quote