Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim Moss
(04-12-2021, 10:04 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So why didn’t miss play in Washington? Are there REs really good?

I was under the impression he was on IR for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure it does. If he can be a capable blocker and provide another target in the red zone that’s going to help. He’ll likely bring more than Mason Schreck, so it’s an upgrade for our TE depth.

I don’t see how this is better than drafting a brevin Jordan in the third. I guess I don’t like the te situation and this wasn’t a good move either. Just meh warmed over
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t see how this is better than drafting a brevin Jordan in the third. I guess I don’t like the te situation and this wasn’t a good move either. Just meh warmed over

It’s just a nothing to lose type move though. It literally cost us nothing to give him a look. If a TE they like is there for them in the draft this should not stop them. I don’t really want a TE on day 1 or 2 though unless it’s Pitts. WR, OL, and Edge would be my preference, but ofc you have to see how the board falls.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t see how this is better than drafting a brevin Jordan in the third. I guess I don’t like the te situation and this wasn’t a good move either. Just meh warmed over

I like Jordan but you are correct it would cost a 3rd rounder to get him. 

The team needs 2 OL, 2 WRs, Edge,  IDL, at some point you have to pick the group that isn't getting a 1st 2nd or 3rd rounder added. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I like Jordan but you are correct it would cost a 3rd rounder to get him. 

The team needs 2 OL, 2 WRs, Edge,  IDL, at some point you have to pick the group that isn't getting a 1st 2nd or 3rd rounder added. 

Could also use help at LB and PK.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Bengals Moss. He's a great blocking TE and has made some good catches as well. Could be a very good addition if he comes in healthy. It would also be kind of cool having Randy Moss going to Bengals games lol. Thats one dude I'd like to go fishing with. Randy Moss. He's a pretty die hard fisherman these days Ive heard.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Could also use help at LB and PK.

Yup.

Outside of RB, S, CB, and QB we could use upgrades. And even at safety, I wouldn't mind taking UC's Wiggins to develop behind Bell for when he leaves.

There is a ton of holes and only 8 picks to work with.

We're going to have to bite the bullet on some positions in this draft and get lucky with an UDFA or waiver claim.

Moss could be that type of luck. Maybe not a star but if he can get you 400 yards and a few TDs, that is useful.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I like Jordan but you are correct it would cost a 3rd rounder to get him. 

Jordan is of course a better starter prospect but I wouldn't mind seeing them take Tommy Tremble later.

He's supposed to be really good on special teams so he wouldn't be riding the pine if he's not starting.

The guy is a really good blocker as well as having good receiving skills.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 11:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Jordan is of course a better starter prospect but I wouldn't mind seeing them take Tommy Tremble later.

He's supposed to be really good on special teams so he wouldn't be riding the pine if he's not starting.

Tremble is an interesting prospect. He probably goes in 5 or 6.

There is another late round TEs that I am very curious to hear other people's thoughts on. That is John Bates from Boise State. None of his stats will jump off the screen at you, but his performance at the Senior Bowl caught some people's eyes. 

Reply/Quote
I think everyone is underestimating Moss because I think he could be a solid tight end for us.

I saw draft projections for him in the third or fourth round but he fell because of durability concerns or whatever.

I'm not saying that he'll be a superstar, but he's a solid run blocker and seems like he has chemistry with Burrow, so I think he could be productive for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 11:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Jordan is of course a better starter prospect but I wouldn't mind seeing them take Tommy Tremble later.

Let me just say, I know nothing about this guy.  What I'm about to say isn't a knock on him as a player or as a person...

Guy's got a name like a Garbage Pail Kid.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Latest from physical:

MRW I stub my big toe on the foot of the bed followed up by the dresser. -  GIF on Imgur

Maybe we can move him to kicker?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 11:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think everyone is underestimating Moss because I think he could be a solid tight end for us.

I saw draft projections for him in the third or fourth round but he fell because of durability concerns or whatever.

I'm not saying that he'll be a superstar, but he's a solid run blocker and seems like he has chemistry with Burrow, so I think he could be productive for us.

Sounds like year 3 Sample
Reply/Quote
Not sure there's anything to actually dislike about this move. Costs them nothing, doesn't prevent them from doing anything, worst case scenario they don't like what they see and nothing lost.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't really do anything for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 09:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I feel like Moss is the same player as Sample.

Read that again

TE is easily one of the toughest positions to make the transition from college to the NFL.

https://youtu.be/3X5zWUQUagU

Don’t sleep on Sample. He is progressively getting better and will be a big part of this offense.

Moss isn’t the same player as Sample or we wouldn’t have gotten him for free off the waiver wire today.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 12:51 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Don’t sleep on Sample. He is progressively getting better and will be a big part of this offense.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 12:56 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I mean if we don't sign or draft anymore TE's he will be a big part of the offense by default.
Reply/Quote
Uh..... Is it me, or we like our TEs shorter and shorter? I miss the days of Kroft, Uzomah, and Eifert tall. And now we wanna add a Brevin Jordan to our mix of 6' 4'' and under?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 01:15 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I mean if we don't sign or draft anymore TE's he will be a big part of the offense by default.

Define big.
Reply/Quote