Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans...
So sad that Vlad was burnt to a crisp. He may never recover and make it back. Sad

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So sad that Vlad was burnt to a crisp. He may never recover and make it back. Sad

I'm reading through a lot of these threads here.....seems there is A LOT of confusion about leading with the crown...that was a BLATANT missed call.  Quite honestly , it was the catalyst to what unfurled.  I can only imagine that the thought process was "if the officials won't handle this....we will".  The gloves came off at that point. It got ugly from there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm reading through a lot of these threads here.....seems there is A LOT of confusion about leading with the crown...that was a BLATANT missed call.  Quite honestly , it was the catalyst to what unfurled.  I can only imagine that the thought process was "if the officials won't handle this....we will".  The gloves came off at that point. It got ugly from there.

That it did. They call it correctly, and there is less emotion, no turnover and who knows what happens from there. What's sad is the league steps in AFTER the fact, and says hey we're going to fine Porter and I'm sure they'll fine Shazier as well, great that does a lot to step in after the game is over and clean up mistakes. They need to just let the replay be used to call penalties for calls of this nature. The NCAA will review targeting penalties like Shazier's and then eject the player. Perhaps the NFL needs to learn from the college game if they are at all serious about "player safety". If they aren't then screw it, remove the rules and let these guys go at it till someone actually dies on the field from a hit like Shazier's or Burfict's.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My bad then, I'm thinking of a different play.  How about Burfict running on the field after the Shazier hit, why aren't you crying like a ***** for a flag on that play?  Regardless, coachescome onto the field when a player is hurt all the time, Porter being out there was hardly unique or special.  If it dries your tears to imagine the horrible offense Porter commited then feel free, I kind of feel bad for you at this point anyways.

lol!

Feel bad because the refs screw us and give your entire team flutters in the huddles if they ask?!

I'm not crying like a ***** about that play because Burfict ran out onto the field because it looked like Hill was going to get into a fight, but someone pulled him away and he retreated back to the sideline after a few seconds (unless, of course, you just tossed out bullshit because you didn't think that I'd remember that it was Hill that was instigating it).  

Furthermore, I am glad you brought that up, because it's not illegal for a player to be on the field, but it's always illegal for a coach, like Joey Porter, to be on the field.

You're digging yourself deeper and deeper!  But I'm sure that you "kind of feel bad" for me "at this point anyways" and that's not just a comment to try and pressure me into believing that you're right when you ONCE AGAIN post bullshit!

I feel bad for you!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol!

Feel bad because the refs screw us and give your entire team flutters in the huddles if they ask?!

I'm not crying like a ***** about that play because Burfict ran out onto the field because it looked like Hill was going to get into a fight, but someone pulled him away and he retreated back to the sideline after a few seconds (unless, of course, you just tossed out bullshit because you didn't think that I'd remember that it was Hill that was instigating it).  

Furthermore, I am glad you brought that up, because it's not illegal for a player to be on the field, but it's always illegal for a coach, like Joey Porter, to be on the field.

You're digging yourself deeper and deeper!  But I'm sure that you "kind of feel bad" for me "at this point anyways" and that's not just a comment to try and pressure me into believing that you're right when you ONCE AGAIN post bullshit!

I feel bad for you!

Mellow

[Image: 12541088_738031619631810_5346113480838382789_n.jpg]

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: 12541088_738031619631810_5346113480838382789_n.jpg]

Mellow

The media only wants to talk about Porter being on the field. It's a conspiracy!! Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:45 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The media only wants to talk about Porter being on the field. It's a conspiracy!! Ninja

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/40b9dd/steelers_assistant_coach_joey_porter_will_be/cyswvn1

Quote:
Quote:Was he at all near Antonio Brown?

I watched the incident several times thanks to DVR and pieced together what I think happened...

1. Antonio Brown is being helped by some coaches/trainers. Porter is standing nearby between Brown and a group of Bengals, talking to Burfict. Neither of them look animated, so I don't think it was shittalking at this point.
  2. Antonio Brown starts to be led off the field. Burfict steps away from Porter to tap Brown on the shoulder (probably to apologize for the hard hit or something, he doesn't seem angry).
  3. The trainer helping Brown off the field forcibly shoves Burfict away. (Edit: A different angle shows that Burfict accidentally whacks Porter in the face when his arm is shoved away.)
  4. Porter puts himself between Brown/Trainer and Burfict and starts talking to him again. Possibly shittalking. Possibly just saying "hey don't touch him." (Edit: Possibly saying "hey, you just hit me!") Whatever he is saying, he doesn't look angry, but who knows what Porter is saying behind that grin.
  5. Another Bengal (Gilberry, #95) comes up behind Porter and chestbumps Porter's back, kind of pushing him into a circle of Bengals.
  6. Yelling and shittalking on both sides ensues and/or intensifies. Refs start to notice and rush over to pull everyone apart.
  7. Jones comes out of nowhere and rushes up to Porter, takes a swing at his face, but is pulled away by his teammate before he connects.
  8. A Steeler rushes over and pulls Porter out of the Bengal circle before he gets hit. All while Porter has his hands in his pockets and a shit-eating grin on his face.

So, while I agree that Porter never should have been on the field, to me it looks like he was minding his own business for the most part until Burfict grabbed Brown. The Bengals started this shit and were the aggressors at every point.
And I absolutely think that the flag on Jones was warranted. You can't take a swing at another person, let alone someone not wearing a helmet or pads. Not to mention that Jones wasn't even involved in that fiasco until he decided to involve himself at the end.
Also, I feel bad for #37 on the Bengals who was defending Antonio Brown (pretty effectively) during that really hard hit. He was sitting on the sidelines with his head in his hands and clearly wanted no part in all the dirty playing.

Edit: Footage! Here's a gif of Jones trying to punch Porter. Here's the video of the whole incident starting at the play where Antonio Brown gets hit. (6:50)

[–]plif 269 points 20 hours ago* 
This needs to be higher. I can't find the GIF right now (can someone link it?) but Joey Porter is following a few steps behind Antonio Brown as he is being helped off the field. Burfict comes in to pat Brown's shoulder and gets shoved away by the Steelers team doctor. Then JP puts himself between Burfict and the people helping Brown off the field. 6 Bengals surround him and that's what started this.
edit: found video links. 8:23 on the YouTube video above you can see JP just standing next to trainers and AB. Now watch this from a few seconds later, the camera is not shown in the broadcast link above: Burfict tries to get to AB, shoved away by Steelers doc and his arm hits Porter in the face. JP is just following behind the trainers.
[url=https://vine.co/v/ihl0Yaj0DUu][/url]
There is a lot of video and images to look at with those links so I suppose it would be easier to just bitchtalk about how if one Steelers coach had no be on the field the Bengals would have won, rather than if the Bengals players on the field could have been professional for another 60 seconds. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Here's the clip that shows where Porter was (Hint: Not in the middle of the D huddle) and the incidents leading up to Jones being Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL-AE1ZRp0k&feature=youtu.be&t=599

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/40b9dd/steelers_assistant_coach_joey_porter_will_be/cyswvn1

[url=https://vine.co/v/ihl0Yaj0DUu][/url]
There is a lot of video and images to look at with those links so I suppose it would be easier to just bitchtalk about how if one Steelers coach had no be on the field the Bengals would have won, rather than if the Bengals players on the field could have been professional for another 60 seconds. Rock On

You can repost this for the next 10 years and it won't matter. It's all a conspiracy!!!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:03 AM)6andcounting Wrote: You can repost this for the next 10 years and it won't matter. It's all a conspiracy!!!

Oh, I know.  I just like to have everything in one place so I can reference it later.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Here's the clip that shows where Porter was (Hint: Not in the middle of the D huddle) and the incidents leading up to Jones being Jones.

Rock On

Very interesting. I honestly had Porter being an instigator on that, but the series of events, while Porter still should have been flagged, are definitely not what many on here believe them to be.

Edit: In thinking about this a little bit more, I can totally see the trainers being more comfortable in a game with tensions this high if they had Porter out there with them. Yes, he is older and probably a bit out of shape, but he is still a bigger force to be reckoned with, plus as a former player he knows the emotions and what is going on out there better. I have a feeling he was a bit of a chaperone of sorts.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Very interesting. I honestly had Porter being an instigator on that, but the series of events, while Porter still should have been flagged, are definitely not what many on here believe them to be.

Bingo.

Now there can be a discussion of the "unspoken rule" that allows a coach out there during an injury timeout.  Especially when its that kind of hit.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Here's the clip that shows where Porter was (Hint: Not in the middle of the D huddle) and the incidents leading up to Jones being Jones.

Rock On

It is very simple really. If the NFL chooses to do nothing to Porter, then all of you Steeler's fan have a great argument. If he is fined, you are dead wrong.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because it's a Ravens fan against a Bengals fan, which means it's against all Bengals fans because we stick together.

rfaulk doesn't need my help because Pat's horrible at this type of thing, but it's the Smack Forum, so it's fun to join in.

(Also, that was so stupid that I just couldn't help myself.)

You couldn't keep yourself from posting that you didn't have a comeback?  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:10 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You couldn't keep yourself from posting that you didn't have a comeback?  

Things Brad doesn't have:

-A Clue
-A Life
-Friends
-A Sense of Humor
-A Rudimentary Understanding of the Justice System

and now...

-A comeback
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
also, I'm not sure where Rfaulk and I were going at it. He's my buddy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:30 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is very simple really. If the NFL chooses to do nothing to Porter, then all of you Steeler's fan have a great argument. If he is fined, you are dead wrong.

No.  They can fine him for being on the field when he should not have been.

And that still doesn't change the fact that your team has two knuckleheads that can't control their emotions and made boneheaded plays that cost them the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: No.  They can fine him for being on the field when he should not have been.

And that still doesn't change the fact that your team has two knuckleheads that can't control their emotions and made boneheaded plays that cost them the game.

You forgot a coach who has the ball on the Steelers 26 yard line and is too incompetent to recognize the safe way to win that game.  

Kneel
Kneel
Kneel  (Steelers out of time outs)
Kick field goal

Undisciplined and therefore he has players that are undisciplined.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: No.  They can fine him for being on the field when he should not have been.

Hill's fumble cost us the game.....well that and the decision to run instead of kneel, kneel, kneel, FG.  That's the truth of the matter.

The game took a turn for the worst when DeCastro shoved and tackled 55 and a no call, then the hit on 25 really set off the emotions, from what I saw, and what I have heard from folks in the stands.  The refs lost control at that point.

Now, as for Porter, you can say what you will, and we can say that 55 wouldn't have hit 84 in the head had 84 not spun around and ducked his head into the path of the defender.  You won't believe me, and I won't believe you.  The fact is, no one knows except those on that field about what really went down.  

If we're going to crucify 55 for his reputation and place guilt upon him based on preconceived notions, then the same holds true for Joey Porter.  Based on the precedence of his prior behavior, he was sent out there to instigate.  Why wasn't Tomlin or the WR coach out there with 84?

After all is said and done, there should have been off setting penalties on Jones and Porter, and the FG becomes a 50 yarder.  At that point, I am satisfied with the results, whatever they may be, because we cost ourselves the series before.  The only thing more bungaled than our own possession in the red zone, was the way the officials handled that scenario.  Well, that and listening to Mike Carey's pathetic attempts at rationalizing the no call on 50 vs 25.  What's even more comical, is that 36 got a penalty against 10 for a very similar bang bang play and didn't even use his helmet!  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol!

I feel bad for you!

My fellow Steelers fans have done a  very effective job of eating your lunch so I'll merely state that maybe you need to take your meds.  I'm actually feeling a bit worse for you now.   Mellow
Reply/Quote