Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals fans...
(01-11-2016, 05:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many of the penalties called against the Steelers were as phantom, as biased, and as game-changing as the last two on the Bengals?

how were they phantom?

ya'll got out of control and lost the game

marvin is now the best coach in the NFL at losing in the playoffs at 0-7 Ninja
People suck
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400820428

Penalties:

Steelers: 10-142

Bengals: 8-79 (6-49 before the boneheaded plays by Burfict and Jones)

Mellow

And here I thought penalties were supposed to be called on illegal plays and false starts, etc...I didn't realize there is a new rule that the NFL is supposed to balance out the penalties and yards for each team to make it an equal playing field.

Did I somehow find myself on the liberal football boards or something? The steelers committed more fouls, so yes, they will have more penalties and yards. Very simple to understand. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:48 PM)Griever Wrote: how were they phantom?

ya'll got out of control and lost the game

marvin is now the best coach in the NFL at losing in the playoffs at 0-7 Ninja

Burfict turned his head so he wouldn't go helmet-to-helmet with Brown, yet somehow they still threw a flag.

Porter wasn't allowed on the field, so if he wasn't on the field, how did Jones shove him from the middle of the field?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many of the penalties called against the Steelers were as phantom, as biased, and as game-changing as the last two on the Bengals?

Exactly one.

The PF on Foster...for getting his own foot stepped on.

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

Phantom and biased? Get over yourself. They were deserved penalties because they were due to illegal actions. There are a number of personal fouls taking place in the area around Porter (Gilberry with his helmet off for example) but nothing get's called until an official get's hit. They were being lenient with everyone in that situation until Jones touched a zebra. I don't call that biased, I call that giving people leeway in an emotional game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:49 PM)mroudfly Wrote: And here I thought penalties were supposed to be called on illegal plays and false starts, etc...I didn't realize there is a new rule that the NFL is supposed to balance out the penalties and yards for each team to make it an equal playing field.

Did I somehow find myself on the liberal football boards or something? The steelers committed more fouls, so yes, they will have more penalties and yards. Very simple to understand. ThumbsUp

No, no.  Brad (among others) believes the refs don't call anything on the Steelers.  They called a lot.  All but one were completely legit.

But when your team melts down and gives away a game like that I guess any excuse is better than the truth?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burfict turned his head so he wouldn't go helmet-to-helmet with Brown, yet somehow they still threw a flag.

If you hit a defenseless receiver in the head, using any part of your body, you will get a PF thrown at you. Period. That is what happened.

(01-11-2016, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Porter wasn't allowed on the field, so if he wasn't on the field, how did Jones shove him from the middle of the field?

Jones didn't shove Porter, Gilberry did. Jones laid his hands on an official, or at least bumped him trying to get to Porter. The extent of the contact I do not know.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:
Burfict turned his head so he wouldn't go helmet-to-helmet with Brown, yet somehow they still threw a flag.

Porter wasn't allowed on the field, so if he wasn't on the field, how did Jones shove him from the middle of the field?

As for the first part, we went down this road on the old boards when this all started with Harrison back in what? 08? 09? 10? The consnesus was "too bad, so sad, intent doesn't matter and it's up to the defender to find a way to miss". Burfict doesn't get a pass just because he's on our team now, anymore than Harrison used to. Unless, of course, you take the opposite approach, in which case it still works both ways.

No argument from me on the second point, though. That should have been a penalty on Pitt... or offsetting on Pitt and Jones depending on what exactly happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wasn't the entire same crew, was it?

Same head official but an "all-star" crew I thought?

Either way they blew this early and often.

ZERO of which means the two calls at the end were bad or wrong.

Yep. That was my point. Why use the same crew that allowed that fight in the last game?

But, like I said, and you said, and Matt said, and everyone not named Brad understands, there were a TON of personal foul calls against both teams. The fact that two ***** morons on the Bengals were dumb enough to get theirs on the final drive doesn't make those any less legitimate calls than any of the ones called earlier.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:52 PM)I\mBFritz21 Wrote: P

Watch the video of Burfict closely.  His helmet DID hit Brown before his shoulder did.  Watch the angle at that is shown at the 0:17 second mark.  

http://youtu.be/-tfLncD3pGM

Porter should have been flagged.  But that doesn't excuse anyone from shoving him from behind, especially if he had to travel several yards to do it.  But that was Gilberry.  Jones wasn't flagged for shoving Porter.  He was flagged for shoving a ref.  Gilberry's shove of Porter went uncalled, as did Burfict's shove of a Steeler trainer.  

But no matter who did what, they are responsible for their own actions.  Porter getting away with being out there does not excuse them from any wrongdoings they themselves commit.  

By the way: the rule prohibiting coaches on the field is written in such a way that the refs have the authority to allow non-players and non-trainers on the field during a time out.  They are not bound to calling penalties in that situation - they can use their own discretion.    
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burfict turned his head so he wouldn't go helmet-to-helmet with Brown, yet somehow they still threw a flag.

They called a flag because any....I'll repeat that for ya....Any contact by the defender to the head/neck area of a defenseless receiver is a personal foul.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:01 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Watch the video of Burfict closely.  His helmet DID hit Brown before his shoulder did.  Watch the angle at that is shown at the 0:17 second mark.  

Porter should have been flagged.  But that doesn't excuse anyone from shoving him from behind, especially if he had to travel several yards to do it.  But that was Gilberry.  Jones wasn't flagged for shoving Porter.  He was flagged for shoving a ref.  Gilberry's shove of Porter went uncalled, as did Burfict's shove of a Steeler trainer.  

But no matter who did what, they are responsible for their own actions.  Porter getting away with being out there does not excuse them from any wrongdoings they themselves commit.  

By the way: the rule prohibiting coaches on the field is written in such a way that the refs have the authority to allow non-players and non-trainers on the field during a time out.  They are not bound to calling penalties in that situation - they can use their own discretion.    

Please show us that rule then. I am have not seen that portion of the written rule covered after the rule in question. Or is it not written and you are wrong? But if you are correct, Porter will face no discipline for his actions because he broke no rule.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:20 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: They called a flag because any....I'll repeat that for ya....Any contact by the defender to the head/neck area of a defenseless receiver is a personal foul.  

That is not my issue even though the rule is very dumb. My issue is it is also a rule a player can't use the crown of his helmet on anyone outside the tackle box as Shazier did on Gio creating a turnover that was very similar to the non call PF against Huber on a punt return a few years ago. These are game changing plays and evidence shows it is to the Steelers benefit against the Bengals every time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is not my issue even though the rule is very dumb. My issue is it is also a rule a player can't use the crown of his helmet on anyone outside the tackle box as Shazier did on Gio creating a turnover that was very similar to the non call PF against Huber on a punt return a few years ago. These are game changing plays and evidence shows it is to the Steelers benefit against the Bengals every time.

How does this have anything todo with my response to Brads assertion that Burfict should not have been called for the hit on AB?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Please show us that rule then. I am have not seen that portion of the written rule covered after the rule in question. Or is it not written and you are wrong? But if you are correct, Porter will face no discipline for his actions because he broke no rule.

Rule 13 Article 2

Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).

During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/

You need referee's permission to be on field. Given Porter was out there for some time and in the presence of the ref's, I think that permission is implicit at that point. It's rare but not unusual for coaches to be on the field during an injury. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Phantom and biased? Get over yourself. They were deserved penalties because they were due to illegal actions. There are a number of personal fouls taking place in the area around Porter (Gilberry with his helmet off for example) but nothing get's called until an official get's hit. They were being lenient with everyone in that situation until Jones touched a zebra. I don't call that biased, I call that giving people leeway in an emotional game.
How did Jones touch the zebra if Porter wasn't on the field illegally?  Was he shoving air?  Was he hallucinating?  Was I hallucinating?  Were the hundreds of millions of other people that saw it hallucinating?
(01-11-2016, 05:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no.  Brad (among others) believes the refs don't call anything on the Steelers.  They called a lot.  All but one were completely legit.

But when your team melts down and gives away a game like that I guess any excuse is better than the truth?
They don't call anything when it's crucial parts of the game and game-changing plays.  See Porter for an example.
(01-11-2016, 05:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you hit a defenseless receiver in the head, using any part of your body, you will get a PF thrown at you. Period. That is what happened.

Jones didn't shove Porter, Gilberry did. Jones laid his hands on an official, or at least bumped him trying to get to Porter. The extent of the contact I do not know.
But Porter wasn't allowed on the field, which no penalty was called, and you and others on here claim that the refs aren't biased towards the Steelers, meaning that they would have called a penalty as blatant as that against there Steelers, so who was Jones trying to get to if Porter wasn't on the field? 
(01-11-2016, 05:56 PM)Gwillednt Wrote: As for the first part, we went down this road on the old boards when this all started with Harrison back in what? 08? 09? 10? The consnesus was "too bad, so sad, intent doesn't matter and it's up to the defender to find a way to miss". Burfict doesn't get a pass just because he's on our team now, anymore than Harrison used to. Unless, of course, you take the opposite approach, in which case it still works both ways.

No argument from me on the second point, though. That should have been a penalty on Pitt... or offsetting on Pitt and Jones depending on what exactly happened.
Brown led with his head when he dove, so why wasn't he penalized?  
(01-11-2016, 06:01 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Watch the video of Burfict closely.  His helmet DID hit Brown before his shoulder did.  Watch the angle at that is shown at the 0:17 second mark.  

YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!  HIS HEAD DOESN'T JERK BACK UNTIL BURFICT'S SHOULDER GETS THERE!

Like I said, Steelers and Ravens fans throw out bullshit and think we're all too stupid to know the difference!

Watch and see that Brown's head hasn't moved when Burfict's helmet is passed Brown!  Stop throwing out bullshit and think we're all too stupid to know better!

I have a picture of it but it's too big to attach and I'm trying to resize it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Rule 13 Article 2

Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).

During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.

You need referee's permission to be on field. Given Porter was out there for some time and in the presence of the ref's, I think that permission is implicit at that point. It's rare but not unusual for coaches to be on the field during an injury. 

And that's part of where the ref's failed. It's their discretion. In a game where they were supposed to be holding everything close to the line — and a game where they knew things could get out of hand — they should not have allowed a linebackers coach onto the field to check on a receiver.

The Steelers allowed a young position coach from another position to go onto the field to check on a player.

Porter fits in with that coaching crew. Scuzziest bunch of cheaters.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How did Jones touch the zebra if Porter wasn't on the field illegally?  Was he shoving air?  Was he hallucinating?  Was I hallucinating?  Were the hundreds of millions of other people that saw it hallucinating?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

(01-11-2016, 06:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But Porter wasn't allowed on the field, which no penalty was called, and you and others on here claim that the refs aren't biased towards the Steelers, meaning that they would have called a penalty as blatant as that against there Steelers, so who was Jones trying to get to if Porter wasn't on the field? 

Okay, I think you're trying to say if Porter hadn't been on the field, Jones wouldn't have touched the official. I agree. and I have said before that Porter should have been flagged. So could any number of things going on in that instance.

I never said the refs weren't biased, I don't have enough information to draw that conclusion. What I said was that the call there was not biased. There was a lot of leniency for both sides in that instance, until Jones touched an official. I don't call that bias, I call that having to draw a line somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Rule 13 Article 2

I don't even care that he was on the field. What kind of piece of shit coach is in the middle of 5 opposing players (while he coaches the other side of the ball) talking shit. Porter didn't even care about his own players - he was solely out there to talk shit. Because he is just that. A piece of shit. Do you want to argue that he was out there talking to the Bengals saying "Oh hey how is your family and everyone?"

For all the shit that bengals are taking right now, what kind of organization hires him? I mean for god sake, the guy was pulled over for a DUI and assaulted a police officer. Hmmm, yeah hire that guy. A rational human being with any thought process knows what the hell happened...To argue otherwise just shows how stupid you are.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:55 PM)Benton Wrote: And that's part of where the ref's failed. It's their discretion. In a game where they were supposed to be holding everything close to the line — and a game where they knew things could get out of hand — they should not have allowed a linebackers coach onto the field to check on a receiver.

The Steelers allowed a young position coach from another position to go onto the field to check on a player.

Porter fits in with that coaching crew. Scuzziest bunch of cheaters.

Perhaps.
But also why were six Bengals allowed to be around an injured Steelers player? When Bernard was hurt Mike Mitchell was the only player nearby.
Given the nature of the game, shouldn't the ref's gotten the Bengal defenders out of there? Or maybe some of the Bengals coaches? 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote