Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting a young HC, with Superbowl experience!
(01-20-2019, 10:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently, none of you have been watching post season play much in the past, because the refs are always very loose on the calls in the Championship Games and Superbowl.  Y'all can whine and cry about it all that you like, but you're barking up the wrong tree by differing with me on it.  Your real complaint should be to the commissioner's office.

Come on, we all know there is a difference between letting them play and completely ignoring the rules.  That was out and out ridiculous.  The receiver got ran over and hit in the helmet long before the ball even got there.  If they were calling push offs and jersey tugs, there'd be flags on every play.  This was way more egregious than the stuff they called.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was rooting for the Rams. I was also rooting for the Patriots because I think the Rams can beat the Patriots and it will make one heck of a super bowl. Also, if Taylor is the Bengals next coach, I hope he has the Ring! Great games today. I cannot recall both AFC and NFC games going in OT and both home teams losing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It was a costly bad call for Saints but there were some that went their way as well.

Would not have minded seeing a couple x-Louisville Cardinals go for a SB ring even though Rankins got hurt, and Bridgewater is back up.

But am stoked for Whit and coach Taylor getting their shot.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To the Senior Bowl question we will be fine. We can send the guys we currently kept on staff along with our Scouts and Tobin. There is also nothing stopping some of the guys we plan to hire from wandering down there to "watch".
Reply/Quote
Think the Bengals schedule a second interview with him this week?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It is crazy to dismiss the atrocity that was that missed PI call. This idea that “there were plenty of other chances for the Saints to win” is nuts. The NFL stole that from them. The game was over, period. This wasn’t a missed holding call that got caught up in the wash or a slight tug of a face mask in a pile. This was a blatant PI. You mean to tell me not one of those seven officials saw what millions of people watching saw? I don’t but it.

On a lesser scale, that phantom “contact” with Brady’s helmet that netted them 15 yds and a first down on a game tying drive, while a little more believable that it could be missed, was also a joke. All the while Mahomes was pleading at least 3times because he was hit in the head with nothing. Not to mention the blatant below the knees shot on Mahomes that went uncalled late in the game.

The NFL got exactly what they wanted.

Oh well, go rams. Walk into the building with a ring, Coach Taylor.

Reply/Quote
Funny this could have been the title when we hired Marvin.. young coach with two trips to Super Bowl and one Super Bowl ring
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: It is crazy to dismiss the atrocity that was that missed PI call. This idea that “there were plenty of other chances for the Saints to win” is nuts. The NFL stole that from them. The game was over, period. This wasn’t a missed holding call that got caught up in the wash or a slight tug of a face mask in a pile. This was a blatant PI. You mean to tell me not one of those seven officials saw what millions of people watching saw? I don’t but it.

On a lesser scale, that phantom “contact” with Brady’s helmet that netted them 15 yds and a first down on a game tying drive, while a little more believable that it could be missed, was also a joke. All the while Mahomes was pleading at least 3times because he was hit in the head with nothing. Not to mention the blatant below the knees shot on Mahomes that went uncalled late in the game.

The blow the knees did it called, but they took the Interference penalty over it.  I did not see the calls go that bad with officials in NE and KC, they are going to miss a call here or there for teams but nothing like the missed call in Saints game.. hell NE had three penalties against them on the crucial drive that put KC ahead late in game. 
Reply/Quote
Terrible non-call on the Rams. Later I thought I heard them say that the Patriots only had 5 PI calls all season. How is that even possible?
Reply/Quote
This was probably the best storyline scenario for the NFL. LA is back in the Superbowl, when they desperately needed to drum up interest in that city. Brady gets to go out the way he came in: a Super Bowl against the Rams.

I get that there were good storylines no matter who won the conference games, but this was probably the best. Not that I'm a conspiracy guy, but it does make me wonder sometimes. This level of sustained success (9 Super Bowls, 13 conference championship appearances - including 8 straight - across 18 seasons) is just so beyond ridiculous. Especially in an era of free agency, constant change and supposed parity.

I'd almost be bored with that consistency if I were a Pats fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: It is crazy to dismiss the atrocity that was that missed PI call. This idea that “there were plenty of other chances for the Saints to win” is nuts. The NFL stole that from them. The game was over, period. This wasn’t a missed holding call that got caught up in the wash or a slight tug of a face mask in a pile. This was a blatant PI. You mean to tell me not one of those seven officials saw what millions of people watching saw? I don’t but it.

If the Rams win the SB, it will always be tainted.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was one play..  There were literally dozens of others that the Saints could have made, but yet they didn't.

It is the timing of the play Sunset. Others can be overcome, in this case, they take a knee if PI is called for 3 plays and kick a field goal, game over.

One of worst call in NFL history and I guarantee you would be singing a different tune if Bengals were on this end of a call costing us a Super Bowl appearance.

Those guys should never ref another NFL game, ever, that should be the outcome as no excuse.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:28 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Glad Sean Payton didn't make it. Hate that prick.

He did buy 100 Devon Still jersey's. I thought that was pretty cool. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: Come on, we all know there is a difference between letting them play and completely ignoring the rules.  That was out and out ridiculous.  The receiver got ran over and hit in the helmet long before the ball even got there.  If they were calling push offs and jersey tugs, there'd be flags on every play.  This was way more egregious than the stuff they called.

True. It was a horrible no-call and one that if it were called, the outcome PROBABLY would have changed. 

That said, you don't win or lose a game on ONE play. The Saints defense should have stopped the Rams after that. They didn't. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:37 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He did buy 100 Devon Still jersey's. I thought that was pretty cool. 

I believe he also wrote a big fat check to what JJ Watt was doing last year too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Plenty of missed flags on every play every in every game probably. The refs only have so may eyes. They missed what could've been a facemask call against Goff, but it wouldve been weak and it was totally unintentional and that much was obvious. The no call on the Saints WR was a thing of beauty though. My 95 year old grampa would've seen that one lol. For that many refs to miss that bad of a penalty really looks like the NFL wants that LA money more than anything. These guys are paid too well, and should have to face the press after every game.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There were plenty of no-calls throughout the game.  Goff got facemasked, commentators even replayed and talked about it.  

What I can't believe, is the new HC of the Bengals is going to coach in the Superbowl, and we have fans crying about it..

Because some people can't find the good in some things.  I am ecstatic he's going to bring a winning attitude with him!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

I can dig it....but....

(01-21-2019, 11:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The blow the knees did it called, but they took the Interference penalty over it.  I did not see the calls go that bad with officials in NE and KC, they are going to miss a call here or there for teams but nothing like the missed call in Saints game.. hell NE had three penalties against them on the crucial drive that put KC ahead late in game. 

This.  Also, on the very next play after the phantom roughing, Gronkowski was mugged and it was not called, so it becomes a wash.  Also, the no call on Mahommes was the right call.  It was essentially the same as the bad call on Brady...the defender hit the shoulder pads, and the helmet was incidentally hit as a result.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:49 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Because some people can't find the good in some things.  I am ecstatic he's going to bring a winning attitude with him!   ThumbsUp

I was definitely not rooting for the Rams because I want us to be able to get our show on the road.  But I was watching to see just what McVay and his staff are made of. 

They had me concerned in the beginning because their offense was being roundly stymied.

They found a way, which is what I was looking for.  They adjusted until they found a way.  This is the main quality I want to see ZT bring here.  

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:39 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: True. It was a horrible no-call and one that if it were called, the outcome PROBABLY would have changed. 

That said, you don't win or lose a game on ONE play. The Saints defense should have stopped the Rams after that. They didn't. 

In the current rules environment, it is almost impossible to stop a competent offense from getting into FG range when they are in 4 down territory and have at least a minute of clock left, though.
Reply/Quote