Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in talks to trade up for #2 pick
oh my lawd jeebus please no

article basically says bengals are interested in trading up to #2 for Fournette. LOL the dude was horrible against big SEC players...couldnt imagine him against NFL players. Check his stats against big schools.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Members of this board are always clamoring for us to make moves.

Will be funny to see everyone flip their stance on that if we trade up to #2 haha.

Maybe we know Cleveland isn't going to take Garrett with #1 and we want to move to #2 to take him, wouldn't that be just something.
Reply/Quote
id take garret over fournette...any day all day. i know too much about founette to not want him anywhere near this team or oline
Reply/Quote
I swear if this is true I'm going to be so mad. If we had to trade up to 2 get Adams or Solomon.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Well now...that'd be a splash, wouldn't it? I'd love Fournette, but it depends on how much we'd be giving up.

PS: Wasn't the last time we traded up in round 1 for Ki-Jana?

PPS: I wonder if McCarron would be part of a trade package with the 49ers?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I doubt they'll do it. They have 11 picks overall, but if they make a move I doubt it's for a RB.. Howard perhaps, but not a RB.. Then again I have been known to be wrong. I know that is simply a shocking statement that I have ever been wrong, but sadly it's true. Don't sob into your pillows too long tonight. Wait till tomorrow. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:03 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: oh my lawd jeebus please no

article basically says bengals are interested in trading up to #2 for Fournette. LOL the dude was horrible against big SEC players...couldnt imagine him against NFL players. Check his stats against big schools.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967

I just can't believe it, knowing our Bengals. And if Carolina is really giving a first, second, and third, there's no way I'd want to try and top that just for Fournette when we could get Mixon later.
Reply/Quote
Believe nothing and trust no one at this point in the process. 99% of the leaks you hear right now are lies.

Reply/Quote
I have seen nothing that came from an actual source say that the Bengals are trying to trade up to #2?

This "report" sounds a bit bogus to me.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: I doubt they'll do it. They have 11 picks overall, but if they make a move I doubt it's for a RB.. Howard perhaps, but not a RB.. Then again I have been known to be wrong. I know that is simply a shocking statement that I have ever been wrong, but sadly it's true. Don't sob into your pillows too long tonight. Wait till tomorrow. 

Agreed.

I do like Fournette a lot...and if he was there at 9 I'd strongly consider taking him.

But...if the move up to #2 costs a 1, 2, and 3...I think that's too much...UNLESS there is a McCarron trade for a 1st or 2nd and 3rd in the works. Then...it's not so bad.

There are rumors that the Browns want to move up from #12. Trading down to #12 might make sense if the guys we want at 9 are gone. Then, we could take Dalvin Cook who had a lot of explosive plays in college. Or Foster at 12 isn't terrible. Or OJ Howard.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:22 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I have seen nothing that came from an actual source say that the Bengals are trying to trade up to #2?

This "report" sounds a bit bogus to me.

Yeah I agree, milkshake! Link or GTFO!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 04:19 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I just can't believe it, knowing our Bengals. And if Carolina is really giving a first, second, and third, there's no way I'd want to try and top that just for Fournette when we could get Mixon later.

This is how I see it too. Even if it means moving up a little from their second pick to take Mixon, the price paid would be much less. Oh and by the way, you're still getting a GREAT back. I know this isn't overly popular with some around here, and maybe for good reason, but I want mixon bad.

That being said, if LF somehow slips to 9 (he won't) you run the card to the podium with a smile bigger than every jet skier their ever was combined.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:25 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah I agree, milkshake! Link or GTFO!

There was a link in the 1st post...This all came from a post on a message board.

I couldn't see the Bengals doing this. They have too many needs to trade for a RB which would be a luxury position as opposed to our needs at DE, LB, OT, and C. And possibly TE.

We do need a RB...with Bernard injured and Hill a free agent after the season...but you can generally get productive guys in Round 2 and 3.

Fournette isn't really a pass receiving threat. That's what we need.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: I doubt they'll do it. They have 11 picks overall, but if they make a move I doubt it's for a RB.. Howard perhaps, but not a RB.. Then again I have been known to be wrong. I know that is simply a shocking statement that I have ever been wrong, but sadly it's true. Don't sob into your pillows too long tonight. Wait till tomorrow. 

gotta agree would love to see them be aggressive and get the guy they want.. For the cost of moving up I very much doubt its a running back
Reply/Quote
Leonard Fournette? Behind the offensive line that leaks so bad not even an oversized pair of Depends could catch all the spewing excreta? The Bengals are solving the wrong problem.

Again.
Reply/Quote
If this is the same story that was circulating yesterday (Panthers and Bengals in bidding war with SF), then Jim Owczarski already debunked it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:00 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Leonard Fournette?  Behind the offensive line that leaks so bad not even an oversized pair of Depends could catch all the spewing excreta?  The Bengals are solving the wrong problem.

Again.

Yeah Cook makes guys miss.

I think even if we had Elliott last year...he'd have issues running behind this line.
Reply/Quote
Music 
(04-26-2017, 10:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah Cook makes guys miss.

I think even if we had Elliott last year...he'd have issues running behind this line.

We could time travel back to 1960 and bring back Jim Brown in his prime. He would be mauled too.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed.

I do like Fournette a lot...and if he was there at 9 I'd strongly consider taking him.

But...if the move up to #2 costs a 1, 2, and 3...I think that's too much...UNLESS there is a McCarron trade for a 1st or 2nd and 3rd in the works. Then...it's not so bad.

There are rumors that the Browns want to move up from #12. Trading down to #12 might make sense if the guys we want at 9 are gone. Then, we could take Dalvin Cook who had a lot of explosive plays in college. Or Foster at 12 isn't terrible. Or OJ Howard.

I keep seeing over and over that the Browns are going to have to get in front of Buffalo to get Trubisky with their second pick, so I think there is something to that.

Unless McCarron is part of the package, moving up 10 slots in the first round is going to cost a lot.  I would really hope they don't lose the 2nd and 3rd this year, because it is a very deep draft for defensive linemen and this teams needs pass rushing help badly.
Reply/Quote