Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals kicker battle update: Practice Yesterday- "Elliot still struggling..."
I was on the Elliott train too, I don't want to waste a pic either but maybe the coach "developed" Bullock, even though I don't really agree with any of that. But the guy has been killin it. I know it's pre season but his job is just the same as a real game. No backups, just kick the ball threw the goal post. Dosent matter who we pick anyway, they will both crumble when it matters just like this team does.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Why, Bonnie? Why are you actively rooting for Bullock to fail? And why so much love for a rookie kicker who's done nothing but struggle since he started here? Why so enamored with Bullock's past struggles? Please enlighten me because I don't get it. 

Compared to Bullock NOW, Elliott has consistently looked worse NOW. It was a competition. He clearly lost. And he's likely on his way out. But why so bitter? A true Bengal fan would root for whoever our kicker is, and not hope they fail just so they could say "I told you so". 

This. I'm looking over some of these posts and wondering if we're all paying attention to the same team. I can honestly say I have no favorite. I just want the best kicker and right now, Bullock is clearly the better guy. Clearly. He kicked well for us last year and has been much better than Elliot by all reports this year.

I get that Elliot was the draft pick and Bullock is the retread, but the retread won. Put Elliot on the PS or we'll be watching Nugent circa 2016 again. Or worse.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This. I'm looking over some of these posts and wondering if we're all paying attention to the same team. I can honestly say I have no favorite. I just want the best kicker and right now, Bullock is clearly the better guy. Clearly. He kicked well for us last year and has been much better than Elliot  by all reports this year.

I get that Elliot was the draft pick and Bullock is the retread, but the retread won. Put Elliot on the PS or we'll be watching Nugent circa 2016 again. Or worse.

I thought it was Elliot's job to lose. I think he lost it today. Either way, he will never reach the PS nor would Bullock be outs of work. I think Bullock won today. He won fair and square in my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Stomp those feet girl. It'll be aight lol. You're still good in my book.

I'm so relieved.  
Reply/Quote
Bullock earned the job.

Elliot could probably stick on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought it was Elliot's job to lose. I think he lost it today. Either way, he will never reach the PS nor would Bullock be outs of work. I think Bullock won today. He won fair and square in my opinion.

Yep. He'll win pre season and fail in the regular season when it counts.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yep. He'll win pre season and fail in the regular season when it counts.  

Here's an idea: if Bullock is named the starter, how about rooting for him to succeed and not be so hellbent on proving a point? Just a thought
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Here's an idea: if Bullock is named the starter, how about rooting for him to succeed and not be so hellbent on proving a point? Just a thought

He's already failed in a regular season game for the Bengals and other teams, and he will again.  I'm speaking from the viewpoint of watching Bengal kickers blow it time and again.  And now we're choosing someone who already has that history.  And its a mistake.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Here's an idea: if Bullock is named the starter, how about rooting for him to succeed and not be so hellbent on proving a point? Just a thought

I agree....

root for Bullock.....he earned it....
stop hating on him for being good....
don't be vindictive.....it's an ugly trait... Cry
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:14 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's already failed in a regular season game for the Bengals and other teams, and he will again.  I'm speaking from the viewpoint of watching Bengal kickers blow it time and again.  And now we're choosing someone who already has that history.  And its a mistake.  

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

wwwwwaaaaaaa

I want my way.....   Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:19 PM)Steve Wrote: Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

wwwwwaaaaaaa

I want my way.....   Cry Cry Cry

I think I've been around here and the former boards long enough for people to know I'm not like that.  I have been a fan over 35 years.  I'm tired of watching Bengal kickers fail in big games in the Graham and Nugent era,  and Bullock has that history.  You can ignore it because of a great preseason.  But there's a reason he's played for 6 teams since 2013 and hasn't played  a full season since 2014.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:14 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's already failed in a regular season game for the Bengals and other teams, and he will again.  I'm speaking from the viewpoint of watching Bengal kickers blow it time and again.  And now we're choosing someone who already has that history.  And its a mistake.  

Or we could choose Elliott and watch him miss big kicks AND small kicks!  Mellow

Honestly, in a league where so many games are decided by 3 or less, aren't all kicks "big"?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Your still alright in my book Bonnie, I see where your coming from about his history. But if we look at it as a fair competition for a job Bullock has it. We always say the Bengals are too loyal, we never have true competition for someone to win a job ( who knows they may pick Elliott). But if we are going to practice what we preach, it's only fair to assume Bullock won the job.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Your still alright in my book Bonnie, I see where your coming from about his history. But if we look at it as a fair competition for a job Bullock has it. We always say the Bengals are too loyal, we never have true competition for someone to win a job ( who knows they may pick Elliott). But if we are going to practice what we preach, it's only fair to assume Bullock won the job.

I'm not saying he didn't win the meaningless preseason. I'm saying we're screwed because of it.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or we could choose Elliott and watch him miss big kicks AND small kicks!  Mellow

Honestly, in a league where so many games are decided by 3 or less, aren't all kicks "big"?

Sure, but I'm talking game winners.  We have missed too many game winners.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or we could choose Elliott and watch him miss big kicks AND small kicks!  Mellow

Exactly. And if he's missing all these kicks in practice and now in a preseason game, when pressure is at all all-time low, what makes anyone think he could do it in a high-pressure, win or lose situation? To me, him missing these kicks now when the pressure is low speaks volumes.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Exactly. And if he's missing all these kicks in practice and now in a preseason game, when pressure is at all all-time low, what makes anyone think he could do it in a high-pressure, win or lose situation? To me, him missing these kicks now when the pressure is low speaks volumes.

Actually to the kickers there is probably more pressure now in preseason than in a game.. since one is for sure going to be cut... 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually to the kickers there is probably more pressure now in preseason than in a game.. since one is for sure going to be cut... 

Fair point. So if he's missing kicks when he knows damn well his job is on the line, how is he going to perform when a game comes down to a last second FG attempt?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not saying he didn't win the meaningless preseason. I'm saying we're screwed because of it.  

I'd say we're screwed either way. Kicker will likely be a weakness this year regardless. But as of now it appears we'd be slightly less screwed with Bullock
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think I've been around here and the former boards long enough for people to know I'm not like that.  I have been a fan over 35 years.  I'm tired of watching Bengal kickers fail in big games in the Graham and Nugent era,  and Bullock has that history.  You can ignore it because of a great preseason.  But there's a reason he's played for 6 teams since 2013 and hasn't played  a full season since 2014.

it seems your just pounding on Bullock out of spite.....
he's done fine so far.....cut him some slack.....
Elliot has done even worse so why would you prefer him..?
drink the orange koolaid.....
it's going to be fine.....
Bullock will have a great season....
Lalala
Reply/Quote