Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals land G- John Miller
If nothing else, this puts linemen on notice they better perform this year..... now bring in or draft a couple of linebackers....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we will need an OG to potentially replace boiling if we lose him after this season

But right side is potentially locked down for 3 years
That is a good point.  Would hate to lose Boiling.  But Lindstrom can play either guard position i think
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Awesome!

Now cut Redmond loose. Move Hopkins to center. Move Price inside and have Miller start in Redmond’s spot. Draft someone to replace Boling

Not a big fan of Boling?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Awesome!

Now cut Redmond loose. Move Hopkins to center. Move Price inside and have Miller start in Redmond’s spot. Draft someone to replace Boling

If you move Hopkins to C, have Miller take Redmond's spot at RG and draft someone to replace Boling at LG, where would that leave Price inside?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:40 PM)Codyc99 Wrote: If you move Hopkins to C, have Miller take Redmond's spot at RG and draft someone to replace Boling at LG, where would that leave Price inside?

That's just message board talk. They are not moving Price from Center.
Reply/Quote
Ok, this is better. Miller isn't a great player, but he's an upgrade. That's what you should use free agency for.

Hopefully we're not done. We could probably use a decent LB, then head into the draft with things pretty open.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's just message board talk. They are not moving Price from Center.

Oh I know, was just curious as to what his opinion was with the comment. No chance Hopkins starts at C unless Price gets hurt again.
Reply/Quote
Price will have a full offseason to lift, which he didn't have last year. He will have a full OTA and Training Camp season this year, which he didn't have last year. He will have half a season of NFL games to get used to the speed, which hr didn't have last year. I expect to see him make a huge jump this year.....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:29 PM)lone bengal Wrote: As negative as its been in the forums , myself included I think this is the first positive thing the Bengals have done so far in free agency and I think it’s a good signing. Even from a penalty perspective, seemed like Redmond was always offsides, between him and Hart it was infuriating to watch.

Don't think I'd cut Redmond, either. I don't want him as a starter, but I'll take him as a backup at guard for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Price will have a full offseason to lift, which he didn't have last year. He will have a full OTA and Training Camp season this year, which he didn't have last year. He will have half a season of NFL games to get used to the speed, which hr didn't have last year. I expect to see him make a huge jump this year.....

Me too, I feel like people have kind of given up on him already.
Reply/Quote
Now I like this pick up
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:51 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Me too, I feel like people have kind of given up on him already.

Billy Price in 2019 is really going to determine a lot for this OL unit.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ok, this is better. Miller isn't a great player, but he's an upgrade. That's what you should use free agency for.

Hopefully we're not done. We could probably use a decent LB, then head into the draft with things pretty open.

Indeed.  A need addressed, and at least an upgrade over what we had there last year.  Who knows, may even help Hart and Price out some.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Okay, I like this, though the PFF pass blocking grades are a little concerning. But like someone else mentioned, a rookie QB who holds the ball too long can certainly make an O- lineman look worse than he is. Overall it's an upgrade. Nothing to complain about there.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Price will have a full offseason to lift, which he didn't have last year. He will have a full OTA and Training Camp season this year, which he didn't have last year. He will have half a season of NFL games to get used to the speed, which hr didn't have last year. I expect to see him make a huge jump this year.....

I absolutely agree with this. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:56 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Okay, I like this, though the PFF pass blocking grades are a little concerning. But like someone else mentioned, a rookie QB who holds the ball too long can certainly make an O- lineman look worse than he is. Overall it's an upgrade. Nothing to complain about there.

I read that this was a big problem with Josh Allen.

Funny thing is, I also read that Miller was better in pass pro than run blocking, but his grades last year are the opposite.

Anyone have his grades from previous seasons?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Good deal, probably cant get much more of an upgrade from whats out there, but it is an upgrade which needs to be done. If Hart plays better, as Price will only get better at center, the line will be more stable and consistent overall.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I like the move and I like his age, only 25 years old so there is still a lot of upside here.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:51 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Me too, I feel like people have kind of given up on him already.

Other than quarterback, center is one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie. The combination of having to read & call out the interior defense, snapping, and blocking is no small task. I thought overall he did a decent job considering he had a terrible right guard most of the year, although he definitely had those 'rookie moments' which to many overshadowed the times he held his own.

If he still has those 'rookie moments' more often than not this season as well, then I think it could be time to legitimately worry. I don't think he will though, at least not nearly as many and will show a solid improvement with a full offseason under his belt.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Random thought, what If we stuck Miller at LG next to former teammate Cordy Glenn and move Boling to RG to give Hart some experience next to him? Or...what if Boling competed with Hart for RT and Hopkins was the RG? I feel like them bringing in a guard makes this interesting consider they tendered Hopkins at a 2nd round level.
Reply/Quote