Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals land G- John Miller
(03-15-2019, 01:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Awesome!

Now cut Redmond loose. Move Hopkins to center. Move Price inside and have Miller start in Redmond’s spot. Draft someone to replace Boling

I'd be more worried about drafting someone to replace Glenn and find a RT.
Glenn's health is a concern only signed for one more year. Boling we can extend or in worse case replace next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 02:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Other than quarterback, center is one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie. The combination of having to read & call out the interior defense, snapping, and blocking is no small task. I thought overall he did a decent job considering he had a terrible right guard most of the year, although he definitely had those 'rookie moments' which to many overshadowed the times he held his own.

If he still has those 'rookie moments' more often than not this season as well, then I think it could be time to legitimately worry. I don't think he will though, at least not nearly as many and will show a solid improvement with a full offseason under his belt.

Given that Price tore his pec at the combine and couldn't lift all year, I'm surprised he didn't get steamrolled every play. He will not only be smarter, but much stronger this season.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:26 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Now we're cooking. Liked the CJ re-signing. I like this one. Now lets get the LB from Denver.

The entire Bengals team and all the free agency signings will be better than in the past,regardless of where they are coming from as we now have realcoaches and much better ones and I am pumped up.This AFC-N is going to be a mighty battle.I could easily see us splitting the division and winning 6 outside which would give us 9 and 7 with a wildcard year one and if we have some lucky breaks a 10-6 season.Need to bring in a solid backup QB like Haskins from OSU. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
This guy is a mid level talent. It’s better than the poop that the FO normally signs. This is an upgrade and a rather small positive. It’s better than a terrible signing but after free agency ends, every team in the division will have improved more than the Bengals did in Free Agency. Then everyone can get excited and pretend that we are the only team that will add talent through the draft. I know that I sound negative but it’s true.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:45 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This guy is a mid level talent. It’s better than the poop that the FO normally signs. This is an upgrade and a rather small positive. It’s better than a terrible signing but after free agency ends, every team in the division will have improved more than the Bengals did in Free Agency. Then everyone can get excited and pretend that we are the only team that will add talent through the draft. I know that I sound negative but it’s true.

How in the world can you look at who the Ravens and Steelers lost and say they improved, let alone improved more than the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Finally an upgrade at a position. This is the first of the off season. Hopefully not the last.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:45 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This guy is a mid level talent. It’s better than the poop that the FO normally signs. This is an upgrade and a rather small positive. It’s better than a terrible signing but after free agency ends, every team in the division will have improved more than the Bengals did in Free Agency. Then everyone can get excited and pretend that we are the only team that will add talent through the draft. I know that I sound negative but it’s true.

The Steelers will have improved by replacing Antonio Brown with Donte Moncrief?  And the Ravens improved by losing their two best LB's and replacing them with a S?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:21 PM)McC Wrote: The Steelers will have improved by replacing Antonio Brown with Donte Moncrief?  And the Ravens improved by losing their two best LB's and replacing them with a S?

3 best linebackers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:22 PM)Synric Wrote: 3 best linebackers.

And a S and lost a WR too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Is he better than hopkins??
Reply/Quote
Miller should really help our run game.

He's not a good pass blocker though, but maybe our system will fit his style better?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:30 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Is he better than hopkins??

He is. Hopkins is a pretty terrible Guard though.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Miller should really help our run game.

He's not a good pass blocker though, but maybe our system will fit his style better?

The home page says he allowed one sack and five QB hits last year.  That doesn't sound too shabby.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He is. Hopkins is a pretty terrible Guard though.

Well thats good. I didnt think they would pick up a guard since they tendered hopkins.. i like this pickup and them addressing the offensive line issues. A step in the right direction!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Miller should really help our run game.

You mean we can run to the right now? Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:42 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Well thats good. I didnt think they would pick up a guard since they tendered hopkins.. i like this pickup and them addressing the offensive line issues. A step in the right direction!  Wink

Hopkins is backup Center and backup OG to both sides.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: The home page says he allowed one sack and five QB hits last year.  That doesn't sound too shabby.

If that's all he allowed blocking for Josh "hold the ball forever" Allen then he may not be bad.
Reply/Quote
I see people saying slight upgrade.

Getting Redmond out of the starting role and filling it with an experienced young local product is a huge upgrade. Redmond was good for at least one drive killing penalty a game.

We just got a young road grader with a lot of NFL experience to replace a penalty machine who cant learn a snap count.
Reply/Quote
Better than Redmond or Hopkins at RG. Not the best upgrade, but it's better than nothing.
Get Zach Brown (won't cost a precious comp pick) and the LBs will officially be upgraded too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like the signing. Our best days, imho, were when we had deep lines.
Hopkins sounds like a versatile player. I would keep him. Jack of all trades, master of none...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote