Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals likely to pick up Ced's option
At least according to PFT, although they give zero reasoning for it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/18/2015-nfl-draft-fifth-year-option-decision-list/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What?!?!?!?! Better be prepared to cut him before it kicks in then
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 08:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: What?!?!?!?! Better be prepared to cut him before it kicks in then

I wish they would give some kind of reasoning for their opinion.  The 5th year option pays a hell of a lot more than a backup deal, so what makes them think we'd want to do that?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 08:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I wish they would give some kind of reasoning for their opinion.  The 5th year option pays a hell of a lot more than a backup deal, so what makes them think we'd want to do that?
Because they think the Bengals are dumb and based off our history I can't really blame them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
PFT? Really, pfft....

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
fml
Reply/Quote
Not buying into this article. I just can’t. The only way this happens is if Pollack thinks he can make him awesome. However, much easier in my opinion todo this cheaper or just get him out of Cincinnati entirely. Ugh.

Reply/Quote
Would he be in the league if not with the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 08:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: At least according to PFT, although they give zero reasoning for it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/18/2015-nfl-draft-fifth-year-option-decision-list/

I did a poll on this two months ago. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks Mike Brown is that dumb.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-will-Bengals-GM-do

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:13 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Would he be in the league if not with the Bengals?

yes
Reply/Quote
Boy, now I really really REALLY hope Paul Alexander was 100% to blame for our o-line stinking.
Reply/Quote
Everybody's bitching but watch Pollack come in and make him an All-Pro. If that happens, we have him on a fifth year for less money than we'll eventually have to pay.

Pollack must see something because no way we just throw around this kind of money unless there's some reasoning behind it.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: yes

I think so too because of his youth. I think that he would be a backup for a team or two and then get cut after they see that they can’t fix his poor play.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Everybody's bitching but watch Pollack come in and make him an All-Pro. If that happens, we have him on a fifth year for less money than we'll eventually have to pay.

Pollack must see something because no way we just throw around this kind of money unless there's some reasoning behind it.

If Pollack is this great magician that many on here claim, how did the Bengals land him?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:18 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: If Pollack is this great magician that many on here claim, how did the Bengals land him?

Money talks.

Maybe wanted a fresh start.

Maybe the Cowboys just wanted to go in a new direction.
Reply/Quote
Could be just lazy reporting. If you click on the link in Ced's name, this information is listed from Rotoworld, so who knows where they get their information.

The Cincinnati Enquirer doesn't expect the Bengals to pick up LT Cedric Ogbuehi's fifth-year option.
Ogbuehi has been a bust since taking over as a starter in 2016, allowing 16 sacks and grading near the bottom of PFF's tackle ratings the last two years. He was called out by coach Marvin Lewis for "holding back" the offense. The Bengals should be aggressive in upgrading on Ogbuehi this offseason. Jan 27 - 3:09 PM
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I just don't see it. I know the option is basically just an injury guarantee and there's no dead money if we cut him ahead of time, but we've seen absolutely NOTHING positive from him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not buying into this article. I just can’t. The only way this happens is if Pollack thinks he can make him awesome. However, much easier in my opinion todo this cheaper or just get him out of Cincinnati entirely. Ugh.

This is exactly what I thought:  They are giving Pollack a chance to see if he can give Ced some balls.  Maybe he responds to the different coaching techniques?  Probably not, but I can imagine they will keep him as a backup and see what the new coach can get out of him.  
Reply/Quote
.....yeah, and I read another article that says we'll cut Brandon LaFell.....not buying that one or this one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote