Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals likely to pick up Ced's option
(04-18-2018, 10:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: yes

No. On second thought....perhaps a practice squad.....maybe.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Everybody's bitching but watch Pollack come in and make him an All-Pro.  If that happens, we have him on a fifth year for less money than we'll eventually have to pay.

Pollack must see something because no way we just throw around this kind of money unless there's some reasoning behind it.

Coaching doesn't make a guy grow a nut sack over night Brad......this guy is soft......and he quits on plays.  This is one instance where calling a player garbage is legit.

Reply/Quote
Regardless of what happens with his option (I personally hope the Bengals don't pick it up), I would be really curious to see if he can improve under Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Coaching doesn't make a guy grow a nut sack over night Brad......this guy is soft......and he quits on plays.  This is one instance where calling a player garbage is legit.

Exactly Wyche !

It's easy to see that up to this point the guys heart has really not been in the game. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen him whiff on a block and just stand straight up and start strolling off like he could care less.

You can't coach heart into somebody.
Reply/Quote
Well, it makes sense.

Keep him on board, move him to DL. Nobody breaks up a pass like Ced.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 08:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: At least according to PFT, although they give zero reasoning for it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/18/2015-nfl-draft-fifth-year-option-decision-list/

pretty simple  No need to overact.

You only have so long to pick up the option before the option doesn't exist.

But you can always resend the option before it kicks in...  So basically it gives them another year to think about it.

If they turn him around the option is cheaper than signing a LT generally.
If not they drop it and let him go..

Nothing lost
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 09:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Because they think the Bengals are dumb and based off our history I can't really blame them.

1-  They got a new o-line coach, have a fairly new OC
2.  Nobody was shocked Ced O was a rd 1 pick.

3... you can't quickly,cheaply, fix everything.   You don't want to be HASTY, because then you might blow an opportunity. we sure need a plan B but,
     while getting a new C is a certain priority,  we need to KNOW what's what with who we have.  We MIGHT have 'keepers" but we won't know yet. we DO need to add some options but may find out we HAVE some talent NOW.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:10 AM)Benton Wrote: Well, it makes sense.

Keep him on board, move him to DL. Nobody breaks up a pass like Ced.

Mellow

I think it would work. He's awesome at letting people past him. I can see the offensive line going to block him and Ced just lets the blocker go righ tpast him leaving the QB wide open for a sack. It could work, I tells ya! Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly Wyche !

It's easy to see that up to this point the guys heart has really not been in the game. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen him whiff on a block and just stand straight up and start strolling off like he could care less.

Willie Anderson disagrees with you, and he knows a little about playing OT in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Me either....it's a bunch.  What really got to me was him watching his man clobber Dalton in Jax (I believe it was), and then just walk away and not even offer the man a hand to pick him up off the ground.  That's bullshit.  Getting beat happens, but you damn well better at least help your QB up after you get him killed.

Reply/Quote
I bet this has to do with what Marvin Lewis said earlier this month. Lewis mentioned Ogbeuhi has a chance to compete for the right tackle spot as well as a chance to try to beat out Glenn for left tackle. Of course it was just good HC speak.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You can't coach heart into somebody.

But you can GET a heart ... from the Wizard of Oz!  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....yeah, and I read another article that says we'll cut Brandon LaFell.....not buying that one or this one.

Or even when they said they really wanted to keep Bodine around, two weeks before he became a Bill.  It's all just misdirection, intended to keep everyone guessing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 02:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or even when they said they really wanted to keep Bodine around, two weeks before he became a Bill.  It's all just misdirection, intended to keep everyone guessing.

Remember, we need camp fodder. And we don't have to keep him if he doesn't show enough improvement. Misdirection indeed! And more off-season drivel. C'mon draft !!! We need better substance to freak out over .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 02:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But you can GET a heart ... from the Wizard of Oz!  Mellow

If you have an ax

...and no heart.

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Coaching doesn't make a guy grow a nut sack over night Brad......this guy is soft......and he quits on plays.  This is one instance where calling a player garbage is legit.

Coaching can motivate a player.  Good coaches have players play hard because they motivate the players to run through a wall for them.

It's actually hilarious that you make this comment when a big knock against Marvin is always that he doesn't/can't motivate players.
(04-19-2018, 09:44 AM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Regardless of what happens with his option (I personally hope the Bengals don't pick it up), I would be really curious to see if he can improve under Pollack.
Yep.
Reply/Quote
just watching everyone's knee hitting them in the face
Reply/Quote
Vomiting
Reply/Quote
Fifth year option for Ogbuehi would be around $8.5 to $9 million. (If all o-line are the same)

I don't see us paying him that much.
Reply/Quote