Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals planning to part ways with Cordy Glenn
Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website casually mentions in an article about their offensive line that “it’s believed the Bengals are going to move on” from Glenn.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/27/bengals-planning-to-part-ways-with-cordy-glenn/

Now get rid of trash Kirkpatrick
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr. is also making it sound like the team is unlikely to bring in a vet backup QB. So our QB room could be Burrow-Finley-Dolegala.

On one hand, it does give us that much more money to add other pieces elsewhere. On the other hand, if Burrow went down for an extended period of time then the season's over. No chance in hell Finley keeps us afloat. Unless Dolegala beats him out for the backup spot?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Quite frankly good to hear. Now if they'll keep cutting/trading.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website casually mentions in an article about their offensive line that “it’s believed the Bengals are going to move on” from Glenn.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/27/bengals-planning-to-part-ways-with-cordy-glenn/

Well it's believed by me they will move on too.  Glenn has an expired expiration date on him.  The Bengals.com article is good reading and no sugar coating on players.  Basically saying what the fans already know though.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website casually mentions in an article about their offensive line that “it’s believed the Bengals are going to move on” from Glenn.

Great news, don't need someone here that doesn't want to be here and is a soft run blocker...

I wouldn't call Kirkpatrick trash but I would like to trade him, Phillips can take his place easily and can catch the ball
and is a bit better of a tackler. Still needs to work on his tackling though as does everyone on Defense.

(02-27-2020, 02:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr. is also making it sound like the team is unlikely to bring in a vet backup QB.  So our QB room could be Burrow-Finley-Dolegala.

On one hand, it does give us that much more money to add other pieces elsewhere.  On the other hand, if Burrow went down for an extended period of time then the season's over.  No chance in hell Finley keeps us afloat.  Unless Dolegala beats him out for the backup spot?

I want to see more of Dolegala. Finley in my opinion is a wasted roster spot and was a poor pick by Zac.

You don't draft a QB with a noodle arm to play in the NFL period. Won't work. Just cannot, need to have upside like Dolegala.
Reply/Quote

You and others.  Please quit linking to that sewage plant that is PFT.  They deserve NONE of our clicks.  Please link the original article or don't post at all.

Linking to PFT is like continuing to employ and pay the pool guy when you know he's boffing you wife and daughter tag team.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: You and others.  Please quit linking to that sewage plant that is PFT.  They deserve NONE of our clicks.  Please link the original article or don't post at all.

Linking to PFT is like continuing to employ and pay the pool guy when you know he's boffing you wife and daughter tag team.

lol
Reply/Quote

At least try to get a draft pick for him.  If not, I would hold on to him and there might be a team that has an early injury in preseason and needs a starting caliber CB.  Then, you might get a solid pick in 2021.  

But add up if they can trade Dalton, release or trade Glenn, and maybe even Gio (love the guy but not used at all) and you should have an opportunity to extend Green and Mixon, sign your valued FAs, and still sign one key FA acquisition.  
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr. is also making it sound like the team is unlikely to bring in a vet backup QB.  So our QB room could be Burrow-Finley-Dolegala.

On one hand, it does give us that much more money to add other pieces elsewhere.  On the other hand, if Burrow went down for an extended period of time then the season's over.  No chance in hell Finley keeps us afloat.  Unless Dolegala beats him out for the backup spot?

So, it was OK to have 2 rookies backing up in 2019, but bad to have two 2nd year QB's in system backing up now? More backup experience in 2020 than 2019!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick has no trade value. None.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 11:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: At least try to get a draft pick for him.  If not, I would hold on to him and there might be a team that has an early injury in preseason and needs a starting caliber CB.  Then, you might get a solid pick in 2021.  

But add up if they can trade Dalton, release or trade Glenn, and maybe even Gio (love the guy but not used at all) and you should have an opportunity to extend Green and Mixon, sign your valued FAs, and still sign one key FA acquisition.  

I hope I'm wrong, but I just think his contract is going to be really hard to move. I don't see teams giving up a pick & $9.4M in cap space when he might only be worth $5-7M if he's cut. There are younger & better free agents available for $9.4M/year. I wouldn't want keeping him too long for a 7th rounder to prevent them from signing someone else. 
Reply/Quote

It's not like the team is expected to be a contender anyway. They are rebuilding.
If they have to go to a backup QB who is inexperienced/bad, so be it.
Higher draft pick for 2021!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lol. No one going to pay for an overpaid , injury prone cornerback who can’t tackle worth a damn
Reply/Quote

? That's the way it is for most teams. Starter goes down for extended amount of time, then play off/wild card is pretty much not going to happen.

I'd rather we roll like that and use that money for other positions while we can and so that our QB won't get hit/hurt unnecessarily.

That also means we might draft another one later in the draft. There is some good late round sleepers inho that could develop into quality backups.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 11:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: At least try to get a draft pick for him.  If not, I would hold on to him and there might be a team that has an early injury in preseason and needs a starting caliber CB.  Then, you might get a solid pick in 2021.  

Everyone's always trying to get rid of Gio. I get that his contract is costly, but people have to remember, we are always just one play away from losing Mixon for the season. We HAVE to have a good backup running back. RB's 3 and 4 have not shown the ability to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 12:50 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol. No one going to pay for an overpaid , injury prone cornerback who can’t tackle worth a damn

Injury prone is a bit of a stretch.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 01:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Injury prone is a bit of a stretch.

He's missed time in each of the last 4 years.  Hasn't played in all 16 games since 2015.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 01:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone's always trying to get rid of Gio. I get that his contract is costly, but people have to remember, we are always just one play away from losing Mixon for the season. We HAVE to have a good backup running back. RB's 3 and 4 have not shown the ability to stay healthy.

So who do you want to target in FA to backup Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 01:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So who do you want to target in FA to backup Burrow?

Matt Moore was with the Dolphins when Taylor was their OC.

I'd guess he would be the first option.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 01:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's missed time in each of the last 4 years.  Hasn't played in all 16 games since 2015.

Yep, and has only played 16 games in 2 of his 8 seasons. 
Reply/Quote