Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release Burfict
(03-18-2019, 01:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Sad way for it to end. Really not sure who would take him on at this point

He was such a damn fine player for us but he became a liability and he's the sort of guy you really fear for health wise and also away from the structure of the NFL environemtn....hope the NFLPA looks out for him
Reply/Quote
Wonder if this means Dennard will be back?

I looked at free agent LB's and the pickings are slim.
Reply/Quote
We must be making room for Suh.

Nervous

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear this. Burfict was one of the only guys we've had who consistently played with sack.

He was the hero we deserved and needed.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:39 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Sad way for it to end. Really not sure who would take him on at this point

He was such a damn fine player for us but he became a liability and he's the sort of guy you really fear for health wise and also away from the structure of the NFL environemtn....hope the NFLPA looks out for him

If this is true, Pittsburgh is probably on the phone with him right now....
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's not the home page. Some of these pages also had us shopping AJ and Dalton... waiting for something actually from the team.

Hobson is usually the last person to get news out on the Bengals home page. Everything is always announced on the Cincinnati Enquirer, ESPN, NFL.com, and PFT before Hobspin gets an article up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Hobson is usually the last person to get news out on the Bengals home page. Everything is always announced on the Cincinnati Enquirer, ESPN, NFL.com, and PFT before Hobspin gets an article up.

And I'm not saying it's untrue, I'm just waiting for official word from someone with the team, not some reporter trying to be first and reporting rumors.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Marshall is still a free agent at LB. Justin Houston too...but he's more of a pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
Very sad about this
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If this is true, Pittsburgh is probably on the phone with him right now....

They just signed Mark Barron.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They just signed Mark Barron.

And? Just imagine how Burfict could resurrect his career in a uniform that is flag proof....
Reply/Quote
The move gives the Bengals an about 5.5m in extra cap. Hopefully that gets applied to additional free agent pickups.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And? Just imagine how Burfict could resurrect his career in a uniform that is flag proof....

Wearing a Steelers jersey will protect him from concussions and knee injuries and keep him in shape?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They just signed Mark Barron.

Burfict will probably go to the Raiders. Gruden loves him
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The move gives the Bengals an about 5.5m in extra cap. Hopefully that gets applied to additional free agent pickups.

If they designate him a post June 1st cut they can get 6.4m in extra cap. Almost 9m for next year too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Glad we are moving on if true. He's just not dependable nor nearly effective as he used to be.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:53 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Glad we are moving on if true.   He's just not dependable nor nearly effective as he used to be.

Yep. That's the biggest part for me.

It's an obvious move to make, but still I'm semi-encouraged they did it. Marvin Lewis may be the only coach in the NFL that will put up with him. They seemed like a package deal.
Reply/Quote
Isn’t Zach brown still available

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Like this move, he was a great player but we need someone we can rely on and not someone who is going to miss half the games due to Injury or suspension
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: Burfict will probably go to the Raiders. Gruden loves him

AB will quit like the little ***** he is.

Sad to see him go.  Hope he saved some $ and can hang them up.
Reply/Quote