Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release Burfict
It was time. He is a shell of the player that he was his first two seasons. Last year he was fat and out of shape and never got into shape. He was whiffing on tackles and could not cover anyone. Not worth the penalty trouble anymore.
Reply/Quote
The past two seasons have really tainted his memory in my eyes. Especially this past season, looking like an empty shell out there, just sleep walking through the motions. As for me, I will forever hail him as the (now former) Super Destroyer. I'm an old school guy. I loved every vicious hit, every dirty knee jab, ankle twist, eye gouge, head shot, or what ever he would come up with, in an effort to inflict pain upon his opponents.

Happy trails, Super Destroyer. I hope that you put enough money back to live well on, for the rest of your days.

Side note: If any of our more talented video editing types wouldn't mind making a Vontaze Burfict's greatest hits/dirty deeds compilation, I would forever be most appreciative. ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals make it official...

Reply/Quote
if Marvin was still here he would have exhausted every avenue to keep him around
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: Burfict will probably go to the Raiders. Gruden loves him

That would be hilarious. He would probably cheap shot AB every day in practice and yell "karma!"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:00 PM)phil413 Wrote: Zach Brown and White would get the bulk, Preston gives you quality for balanced downs and Vigil is where he should be as the 4th LB.  That transforms the worst LB the league has seen in years into an exciting one!

If we got those two I think my excitement for this season would come back in a hurry. Those two and hopefully Lou is a good DC and our defense should be very good again.
Reply/Quote
I've been calling for this all off-season. It sucks, but it's the smart move. You combine his salary with the fact that he's missed 46% of his games over the last 5 years and how bad he played last year, and it was a no-brainer. Taylor gets to set the tone for the future, while we gain some cap room (that hopefully we actually USE).

Side note, it'd be hilarious to see the Steelers sign him. Bell and Brown are both gone. I guess there'd be a huge issue with Juju, but it'd prove to the world how hypocritical they are.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would laugh if the Steelers brought him in.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 05:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: if Marvin was still here he would have exhausted every avenue to keep him around

Sad that some fans can not enjoy a positive move by the Bengals.  Instead they have to make something up out of thin air just so they can keep bitching instead of celebrating.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:07 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I would laugh if the Steelers brought him in.

Why?
Reply/Quote
It's a shame he didn't get to take off Juju's head before he left though.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why?

Seriously? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seriously? 

Yes seriously.  I have no way of telling if he is one of those "Every Bengals will be a star with another team" guys or a "I hate the Stealers and want them to get screwed over by Burfict".

Since you obviously know please tell me.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes seriously.  I have no way of telling if he is one of those "Every Bengals will be a star with another team" guys or a "I hate the Stealers and want them to get screwed over by Burfict".

Since you obviously know please tell me.

Yeah, that one seems highly unlikely. The other one does too, honestly.

Most would assume he thinks it's funny because of the Steelers history with Burfict.

If they whine incessantly for 5 years about the guy, then turn around and sign him, it'd be pretty hilarious. 
Reply/Quote
I like how everyone is hoping he saved his money as if he won't be playing this year. Just because they allegedly shopped him with no takers doesn't mean he won't be on a roster in 2019. I hope he's outta the AFC North.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:02 PM)jason Wrote: I like how everyone is hoping he saved his money as if he won't be playing this year. Just because they allegedly shopped him with no takers doesn't mean he won't be on a roster in 2019. I hope he's outta the AFC North.

I would not be surprised to see him signed to a 1 year deal for 7 million within a few days. I hope it with a team we don not play in 2019.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sad that some fans can not enjoy a positive move by the Bengals.  Instead they have to make something up out of thin air just so they can keep bitching instead of celebrating.

It is a positive move. But I think Marvin would have kept him around too. Both are true. IMHO
Reply/Quote
Good move for his sake and the teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: super smart defensive guy that can call plays and adjustments on D...

Almost lead us to our first playoff win with his passionate play.

1 PED suspension when returning from injury happens to many in this league.

Became a target for refs   but worse plays were going uncalled around the league.

Everything you said is very true. The man doesn’t have discipline and that is true too!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would not be surprised to see him signed to a 1 year deal for 7 million within a few days. I hope it with a team we don not play in 2019.

The thing about signing him is you can put wording in it that he doesn't get paid if suspended and a $7 million deal is likely closer to a $4.5 million deal.
Reply/Quote