Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release Burfict
Steelers fans are probably dancing in the streets today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 11:53 AM)Earendil Wrote: Steelers fans are probably dancing in the streets today.

Believe it or not, the Bengals are largely inconsequential to the Steelers fans.

They view Burfict as a dirty thug and not some difference maker.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:51 AM)pally Wrote: Burfict is on his way to visit the Raiders.  Pauline still likes him.  But him and Antonio Brown as teammates

Hard Knocks this year could be amazing if they make the right call and pick the Raiders...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: I miss Burfict already.

When he was good, he was good. I don't care what they say about him. He might be able to get it back for a year if motivated on a new team and trying to show he belongs. It's his long term health that's concerning.

Someone has to step up on D or in that lb room, and they got big shoes to fill.

I'm with you jj, on all points.  I will say that I think Preston Brown will step into the leader role, and do nicely.  According to reports, they've been discussing this move for weeks, which made the Preston Brown signing make even more sense now.  I alluded to this possibility in the thread about his extension.

I also think he doesn't leave Oaktown without a deal.  We all know Paulie liked him, but I also recall Gruden gushing about him during a game a couple of years ago.  I look for him to have somewhat of a bounce back season out there too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Believe it or not, the Bengals are largely inconsequential to the Steelers fans.

Oh, I'd say he made a difference on their playoff aspirations, twice.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:33 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Oh, I'd say he made a difference on their playoff aspirations, twice.

Yep. And both their players and fans were OBSESSED with Burfict over the years. He was absolutely in their heads.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, I'd say he made a difference on their playoff aspirations, twice.

(03-19-2019, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. And both their players and fans were OBSESSED with Burfict over the years. He was absolutely in their heads.

There's no doubt Burfict was in their heads and they didn't like it !
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. And both their players and fans were OBSESSED with Burfict over the years. He was absolutely in their heads.

Without a doubt my man.....without a doubt.

Reply/Quote
Just imagine how bad our record would have been versus the Steelers if Burfict wasn't in their heads!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Just imagine how bad our record would have been versus the Steelers if Burfict wasn't in their heads!

When a player is hung in effigy, and their fans shit on said player's porch, I think it's safe to say he's in their heads.....wins or no wins.

[Image: BWjkz7F.gif]

Reply/Quote
Too bad he didn't stick around to give JuJu his just due.

JuJu still flying high over that hit.

Every family needs a bully (dirty player). Burfict was the one family member everyone in the family called crazy, and said was trouble, until they needed something "taken care of" and they knew who to call.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Believe it or not, the Bengals are largely inconsequential to the Steelers fans.

Well many if us are stuck on rape allegations, and not the fact that the Steelers have one of the best QBs of this era.

Doesn't matter how fans view anything.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Loved every minute of Burfict being here. He was a warrior anytime he was on the field leaving it all out the field. He played with a wreckless abandon that was admirable in my opinion. At his peak he was one of the few defenders in the league who could change a game around by himself. Things didn't go as we all had planned but Vontaze was and will always be one of my all-time favorite Bengals. He may have done some knucklehead things on the field but he seemed to be a really good dude off it. I wish him all the best, as long as he stay out of the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:51 AM)pally Wrote: Burfict is on his way to visit the Raiders.  Pauline still likes him.  But him and Antonio Brown as teammates

If he signs there, it just goes to show all the whining was a farce. If AB isn't mad at Burfict, why was everyone else on that team?

(03-19-2019, 01:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Too bad he didn't stick around to give JuJu his just due.

JuJu still flying high over that hit.

Every family needs a bully (dirty player). Burfict was the one family member everyone in the family called crazy, and said was trouble, until they needed something "taken care of" and they knew who to call.

Reminds me of my uncle Ronnie, an enforcer for the Iron Horsemen. Crazy sum B.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I believe Burfict's concussion total with us was 7. Is there is a point maybe where he should stop playing?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Believe it or not, the Bengals are largely inconsequential to the Steelers fans.

surejan.gif

As others have already said, he was having his mail forwarded to their heads.  You can't tell me they aren't happy to see him leave.
Reply/Quote
All I could say has been already said with me also agreeing with the move. I saw all the same negatives. When I think of him, I just think of the "what-could-have-beens" with him. He gave me hope of something great, only to have it dashed....a true Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Just imagine how bad our record would have been versus the Steelers if Burfict wasn't in their heads!

Just imagine what our record against them would be if the Steelers hadn't been stuck in our HC's head.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Who gives a shit what their inbred fans think?  He was deep in their teams heads.  Argue that, hater.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Some Bengal....and I have no idea who it will be.....is going to wish TEZ was never traded because he will murder a Bengal sooner or later
Reply/Quote