Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release Burfict
(03-18-2019, 02:08 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody not named Devin is an unacceptable first round pick now...

So you will be ok with the pick when they take Devin Singletary with the 11th pick?

Kidding because I agree the pick almost has to be one of the LBs now. Is it too obvious too other teams, too? Also is Mich Devin worth this high of a pick or could they possibly trade down and get him later?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I think so, that was my first thought too. Bring him in...then still draft White at 11 if he’s available

Zach Brown and White would get the bulk, Preston gives you quality for balanced downs and Vigil is where he should be as the 4th LB.  That transforms the worst LB the league has seen in years into an exciting one!
Reply/Quote
This discussion has been going on since his 2018 suspension. He looked like a shell of himself. I hope he retires so he does not risk further brain injury. TY Burfict for putting it all on the line for us, we wished you would have led less with your head in fear you would be decimated at some point

I wish him good health and a great life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Great move by the team. Will miss Vontaze. Hopefully they make him some kind of assistant, but probably wont since we seem to have a ton of coached in place already. Although they may have shopped him, it's better for his health to be done.

Hopefully he’s an assistant since he’s such a disciplined guy.. You know, steroids, penalties, dirty plays and suspensions. Some Burfict JR’s are what we need. Bring Chad and TJ back too. Hopefully you’re way wrong about him ever getting a coaching job here.
Reply/Quote
In the latest news, "Browns pick up Burfict, because they are picking everyone up"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:00 PM)phil413 Wrote: Zach Brown and White would get the bulk, Preston gives you quality for balanced downs and Vigil is where he should be as the 4th LB.  That transforms the worst LB the league has seen in years into an exciting one!

This would be an ideal scenario.
Zach Brown and Devin White (or Bush) as the 3-down LBs, Preston Brown as the thumper in base.
Vigil could take over that Vincent Rey role. Jefferson and Evans for depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Thx for everything Taz, you bringed something to this team especially where our other LB were soft as hell.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Well will miss him...

So what we gonna do with that money...
Reply/Quote
Good luck to VB! Thanks for laying out several Steelers!! LoL
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If this is true, Pittsburgh is probably on the phone with him right now....

Oh you know Pig Pen is probably thinking his career just got extended a couple of years!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 03:06 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Hopefully he’s an assistant since he’s such a disciplined guy.. You know, steroids, penalties, dirty plays and suspensions. Some  Burfict JR’s are what we need. Bring Chad and TJ back too. Hopefully you’re way wrong about him ever getting a coaching job here.

super smart defensive guy that can call plays and adjustments on D...

Almost lead us to our first playoff win with his passionate play.

1 PED suspension when returning from injury happens to many in this league.

Became a target for refs   but worse plays were going uncalled around the league.
Reply/Quote
Good. If he ends up with another team, the refs will be all over that team and suspending him. He hardly ever played. The team actually won more when he was suspended or injured. He played the game stupid. Cincy Fans liked that, but sometimes the Cincy Fans go for the circus TV wrestling nonsense of players as opposed to winning games. He played the game stupid. It was all hype that the D was better with him, because they actually won more when he was suspended or injured. In the end, they never used a draft pick on him.

The 2015 Play-off was the most stupid way to lose a game I've ever seen. I mean that. The most stupid way to lose a game ever. Bengals now have Hill, Pacman and Burfict gone as well as Marvin Lewis and his coaches who should have had more control of their players and the game clock and focus on the play-off win they gave away. In one way or another, they are all gone.

Bring on the Rebuild and hopefully some smarter football in Cincy. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The right move. I think for health reasons Burfict should seriously considering retirement. Too many concussions.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think Zac Brown's last few records have sucked. He might be alright at LB though...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Holy cow, Batman.  What're they gonna do about Burfict?  What about Burfict?  How come they haven't released Burfict?  Burfict, Burfict, Burfict.

All the best in your future endeavors, Vontaze.  You gave us something we hadn't had before you arrived.  If you had played fifteen years ago, you'd be a living legend.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:15 PM)McC Wrote: Holy cow, Batman.  What're they gonna do about Burfict?  What about Burfict?  How come they haven't released Burfict?  Burfict, Burfict, Burfict.

All the best in your future endeavors, Vontaze.  You gave us something we hadn't had before you arrived.  If you had played fifteen years ago, you'd be a living legend.

I agree, once they puts the skirts on the NFL QB's, the game changed...…….for the worse
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, once they puts the skirts on the NFL QB's, the game changed...…….for the worse

It's be a total wimpfest since they started wearing helmets.
Reply/Quote
We've never been blessed with LBs or TEs in offense.
Reply/Quote
Vontaze was the catalyst for the defense for a lot of years but his style got him concussed too many times. The NFL didn't suspend him this year so I guess the Bengals had to do it themselves. Good luck in all your endeavors and thanks for the good memories you left in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wearing a Steelers jersey will protect him from concussions and knee injuries and keep him in shape?

Boy is that a fact. Will we ever forget the Hines Ward hit on Keith Rivers or the hit on Huber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote