Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release Burfict
(03-18-2019, 02:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: Isn’t Zach brown still available

I believe so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really liked Burfict up until a couple years ago.
Sad to see he declined, but I'm glad the team parted ways.
I don't understand why they waited until now vs doing it a week or two ago though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: AB will quit like the little ***** he is.

Sad to see him go.  Hope he saved some $ and can hang them up.

No doubt.

Was just looking at the money he's lost because of fines and suspensions, and it's over 4m.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Anybody not named Devin is an unacceptable first round pick now...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So much for him working his ass off with Moch...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Makes sense.

He was awful last season and is no longer worth the headache.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. That's the biggest part for me.

It's an obvious move to make, but still I'm semi-encouraged they did it. Marvin Lewis may be the only coach in the NFL that will put up with him. They seemed like a package deal.

Last year he played like he did not even care. More than anything, this was the biggest issue in my mind. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No doubt.

Was just looking at the money he's lost because of fines and suspensions, and it's over 4m.  Mellow

they really raw dogged this kid.  hope he meets goodell in a dark ally some day.
Reply/Quote
Do we have any FA Line Backers scheduled for a visit that has contributed to this move?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This for real this time? Guess we will be playing him twice a year now. I know he lost a step and the game has passed him by as far as his style of play but you can't tell me he's worse than the back ups we have.

He is worse.  He's useless unless you need a guy to go out there and commit and unnecessary penalty and potentially take out one of you own players
 while taking a cheap shot at a wide receiver. 

I couldn't be happier to see him go.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: Isn’t Zach brown still available

I think so, that was my first thought too. Bring him in...then still draft White at 11 if he’s available
Reply/Quote
Great move by the team. Will miss Vontaze. Hopefully they make him some kind of assistant, but probably wont since we seem to have a ton of coached in place already. Although they may have shopped him, it's better for his health to be done.

Reply/Quote
I will never forget me and my three sons going crazy with joy when he intercepted Big Ben and ran out of the stadium with the ball.

Then Marv forgot to tell Hill to keep two hands on the football.

Burfict at his best was one of the greatest Bengals LB ever.

I do hope he has saved some money.

Very sad to see it end this way.
Reply/Quote
Good luck to VB. I'm predicting CAR as a landing spot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good luck to VB. I'm predicting CAR as a landing spot.

Would be interesting, rumor is Brown is down there on a visit today.
Reply/Quote
Uh, no he didn't. He exact words were "Get what you can get, then go down... hang onto the ball"
Reply/Quote
I was a big fan of Burfict up until last couple of years. He played dirty but was the type of guy that brought intangibles to defense; well, until last couple years. He brought nothing last year.

He was the last 'black-eye" of the team perceived as thugs. glad Taylor et al. moved on. I also worry about his health. 7 concussions is quite serious and if his agent has any love for his client he would encourage Burfict to retire and become a coach.

Also, this means the Bengals will draft two backers fairly high in the draft. I hope one is White or Wilson.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:08 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody not named Devin is an unacceptable first round pick now...

So you will be ok with the pick when they take Devin Singletary 11th over all?

Kidding because I agree the pick almost has to be one of the LBs now. Is it too obvious to other teams? Also is Michigans Devin worth this high of a pick or could they possibly trade down and get him later?
Reply/Quote
This guy should go ahead and sign up for the next round of concussion lawsuits against the NFL. I will miss his talent but I’m so glad to see the lack of discipline gone. Hopefully he has a peaceful life following his NFL career.
Reply/Quote
I could see Burfict landing in Denver or New England. There's no way that he's practicing against David DeCastro every day. He had a turbulent run during his time here, but man could he play ball. 
Reply/Quote