Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release WR Denarius Moore among others
(08-31-2015, 10:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This morning, the Bengals made the following roster moves to get down closer to the 75 man mark...

Waive:
DT Kwame Geathers
C/G Chris Jasperse
LB Nico Johnson
WR Desmond Lawrence
DE Sam Montgomery
TE John Peters

Release:
WR Denarius Moore

Source = https://twitter.com/Bengals/

I'm not surprised, just disappointed that Moore didn't stick.
He hasn't shown up over Tate, Little, or Kumerow.

I am also sad to see Nico Johnson go, but understand why. I expect the final LB spot comes down to Flowers and Carter (unless they go 7 LBs).

I actually am surprised Moore didn't show more than he did here. I thought he was a good signing.

Guess i was wrong. I liked Nico too, but i like Carter and Flowers more. Tough cut there. Pass rusher or all around backer?
Reply/Quote
Seems like Moore's head might just be out of it.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 12:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Seems like Moore's head might just be out of it.

think he ends up in green bay lol?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 12:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: think he ends up in green bay lol?

They could look but if he's not running good routes absolutely not
Reply/Quote
Total bum. Thank God we got Hawk though. I still think this Free Agent class has the potential to be a home run.
Reply/Quote
Mostly expected, but Nico was a strange one (but he is PS eligible). I guess that means Roach has impressed, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Roach on the last batch so that he can squeak onto the PS, and if he somehow makes the 53 man then I will be really impressed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 11:17 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Even with a James Wright injury. If he can't beat out Greg Little and Kumerow, he really doesn't deserve to be here.

This says it all.
Reply/Quote
No surprises. Good start.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 12:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Total bum.  Thank God we got Hawk though.  I still think this Free Agent class has the potential to be a home run.

M. Johnson alone could make this FA group great.

Let's see how it pans out.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Disappointed but not surprised that Moore didn't make it.

Many Raiders fans have said things about big hits "changing" Moore. He plays timid now, apparently.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 12:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Total bum.  Thank God we got Hawk though.  I still think this Free Agent class has the potential to be a home run.

"Oh yeah, (Mike Brown) is the one leading the charge," Lewis said via the Cincinnati Enquirer. "He doesn't want to hear, 'We will be better when we get these guys back.' No, we need to get better. He knows we need to get better. He's pushing people to identify players that will make us a better football team in free agency."

Players they identified that made them a better football team:

Michael Johnson (essentially getting a guy back)
AJ Hawk
Denarius Moore (cut)

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Did I miss the sarcasm?!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Oh yeah, (Mike Brown) is the one leading the charge," Lewis said via the Cincinnati Enquirer. "He doesn't want to hear, 'We will be better when we get these guys back.' No, we need to get better. He knows we need to get better. He's pushing people to identify players that will make us a better football team in free agency."

Players they identified that made them a better football team:

Michael Johnson (essentially getting a guy back)
AJ Hawk
Denarius Moore (cut)

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]

playoffs 4 years in a row =/= big overhaul of the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: playoffs 4 years in a row =/= big overhaul of the roster.

1. Who said anything about a big overhaul?

2. Do you disagree with Mike and Marv's statements in January? Were we "all set"?
Reply/Quote
If ever you wonder why we can't seem to find a truly consistent footing on offense start by looking at Center. Rich Braham was the last Center we had who was worthy of the name, which speaks volumes. Ghiacuc was possibly the worst Center in the NFL, Cook only had a very short period of effectiveness then he too was a total liability and Bodine is headed down the same dark road.

A bad Center means consistent problems running inside (sound familiar), pockets with no "nose" (again look at our pocket) and consistent issues with interior pass pressure - the absolute worst type of pass pressure because it hampers the QB stepping up to throw. Look at the consistently good offenses and note they place a priority at having at the very least a solid player at this position.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Who said anything about a big overhaul?

2. Do you disagree with Mike and Marv's statements in January? Were we "all set"?

definiately a few spots we could have upgraded i think but i dont know what the dollars to do so would have been

Probly will be an addition here during final cuts as well maybe someone that wasnt available when FA was occuring

could have grabbed a vet TE with gresham on the way out... before we drafted 2... not sure where else needed a major upgrade other than possibly C and not sure much was available there.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Who said anything about a big overhaul?

MJ was not even available when these comments were made, he was a Buc

Also, I 100% disagree because MJ played for us in 2013, it is not a new addition as he did not play for our defense in 2014, you know the one they went from a top 10 defense to a bottom 3rd defense (22nd)

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: MJ was not even available when these comments were made, he was a Buc

Also, I 100% disagree because MJ played for us in 2013, it is not a new addition as he did not play for our defense in 2014, you know the one they went from a top 10 defense to a bottom 3rd defense (22nd)

What inspired these quotes was the playoff loss. MJ was part of the previous 3 playoff losses. So how is he a piece that's going to get us over that hump?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What inspired these quotes was the playoff loss. MJ was part of the previous 3 playoff losses. So how is he a piece that's going to get us over that hump?

Shouldn't have told Fairley to kick rocks when the Bucs released MJ and just signed both of them.

People complain about our front 4 not generating enough pressure or stopping the run and then complain when people suggest signing these guys because it's "putting too much money into one group". How do you suppose we generate front 4 pressure, with some trash heap, end of free agency pickups?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What inspired these quotes was the playoff loss. MJ was part of the previous 3 playoff losses. So how is he a piece that's going to get us over that hump?

Your logic is severely flawed.

A defense that was top 10 with a player and then 22nd without him is indeed not standing pat at all.

He was the top DE FA other than guys with character flaws available in FA in 2015. So, he is new to the 2015 team and had nothing to do with the 2014 playoff loss, just like none of the 2015 rookies also had nothing to do with 2014 playoff loss or any playoff losses for them.

If you feel having a top 10 or top 5 defense is no bog deal and you would rather try and win with a 22nd ranked defense I guess we don't see eye to eye.

Reply/Quote