Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release WR Denarius Moore among others
Was confused at the hype Moore got when he was signed
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mostly expected, but Nico was a strange one (but he is PS eligible). I guess that means Roach has impressed, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Roach on the last batch so that he can squeak onto the PS, and if he somehow makes the 53 man then I will be really impressed.

Never say Never!  But I think the only way that Roach makes the 53 man roster is if Hawk is released.  Otherwise, he'll probably land on the PS and wait his turn Or Roach is picked up by another team that needs a back-up MLB. 

Now about Hawk.  In the first game we really didn't see much of him.  In games 2 and 3, his play was average.  He also played with the 2's and 3's in Game three.  So, he is showing that he will be a difference maker on the 53 man Roster for 2015? 

Glad I am not the one making this decision.  But if the Bengals are going to take at least the AFC Championship this year, are they putting the best players on the Roster to give them the best chance of doing this?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 04:04 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Never say Never!  But I think the only way that Roach makes the 53 man roster is if Hawk is released.  Otherwise, he'll probably land on the PS and wait his turn Or Roach is picked up by another team that needs a back-up MLB. 

Now about Hawk.  In the first game we really didn't see much of him.  In games 2 and 3, his play was average.  He also played with the 2's and 3's in Game three.  So, he is showing that he will be a difference maker on the 53 man Roster for 2015? 

Glad I am not the one making this decision.  But if the Bengals are going to take at least the AFC Championship this year, are they putting the best players on the Roster to give them the best chance of doing this?

Roach has clearly shown more than Hawk, who is playing like a guy who's just here to collect a paycheck. I see no fire from him at all. I guess he thinks he's got the team made, so why work hard? 

I know they're keeping Hawk, so I won't even bother arguing over why younger guys like Nico, Roach, Flowers, etc . . . might be better for us.  Maybe Hawk turns it on in Oakland. Let's hope, because right now I'd rather have had Dan Skuta back. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your logic is severely flawed.

A defense that was top 10 with a player and then 22nd without him is indeed not standing pat at all.

He was the top DE FA other than guys with character flaws available in FA in 2015. So, he is new to the 2015 team and had nothing to do with the 2014 playoff loss, just like none of the 2015 rookies also had nothing to do with 2014 playoff loss or any playoff losses for them.

If you feel having a top 10 or top 5 defense is no bog deal and you would rather try and win with a 22nd ranked defense I guess we don't see eye to eye.

My logic is "severely flawed" yet you completely sidestepped my very valid question while accusing me of saying things that I didn't say. I never said MJ won't help. I beleieve he will - during regular season.

But I fail to see how a player who was a key cog in teams that lost 3 straight playoff games - including the worst one of all IMO - is going to be a piece that is going to put us over the top. After all, last year's playoff loss is what inspired those comments from Mike/Marv.

So do you think MJ will be that key piece that gets us over the top? Please explain.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 04:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My logic is "severely flawed" yet you completely sidestepped my very valid question while accusing me of saying things that I didn't say. I never said MJ won't help. I beleieve he will - during regular season.

But I fail to see how a player who was a key cog in teams that lost 3 straight playoff games - including the worst one of all IMO - is going to be a piece that is going to put us over the top. After all, last year's playoff loss is what inspired those comments from Mike/Marv.

So do you think MJ will be that key piece that gets us over the top? Please explain.

Imo Not by himself.... He was always pretty consistant though and if he can effectively eat up snaps it should help the pass rushing ends stay fresh.

And helps keep some Possible Double teams from Geno or Dunlap here and there.

But the key to our DL is a healthy rotation which he will help. and we didnt have last year.

Not overall much improved from 2013 except in the experience factor for some of our younger guys... Some of the bigger of which miss all of 2014 true but should get most if not all of 2015 under their belts before the next go round in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:44 PM)Element Wrote: Was confused at the hype Moore got when he was signed

well he did well his one year with hue in oakland so there was a little hope he could get back to that form.. Kinda like when T Newman returned to form uniting with zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Oh yeah, (Mike Brown) is the one leading the charge," Lewis said via the Cincinnati Enquirer. "He doesn't want to hear, 'We will be better when we get these guys back.' No, we need to get better. He knows we need to get better. He's pushing people to identify players that will make us a better football team in free agency."

Players they identified that made them a better football team:

Michael Johnson (essentially getting a guy back)
AJ Hawk
Denarius Moore (cut)

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]

Michael Johnson is a great signing for us. 1.) His contract is cheap and affordable, 2.) He fills a major need at defensive end, and 3.) He knows the scheme, he knows the team, and he is already a well respected and liked player in the locker room. Plus he was a good player for us during his previous time for us and still only 28. Your reaching if you think this is not a good smart signing.
AJ Hawk will start at SAM not sure how that makes it a bad signing?
Denarius Moore was a bad signing but its not like anyone was expecting to start for us. He was meant to be a #4 for us when we signed him.
Also what about Pat Sims coming back? He is going to give us some nice snaps at back up nose this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 04:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Imo Not by himself.... He was always pretty consistant though and if he can effectively eat up snaps it should help the pass rushing ends stay fresh.

And helps keep some Possible Double teams from Geno or Dunlap here and there.

But the key to our DL is a healthy rotation which he will help. and we didnt have last year.

Not overall much improved from 2013 except in the experience factor for some of our younger guys... Some of the bigger of which miss all of 2014 true but should get most if not all of 2015 under their belts before the next go round in the playoffs.

I totally agree with you on how MJ can help. I just don't see this team as any better than the '13 version, so I don't think signing MJ was enough to get us over the hump.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wonder why they are holding out hope for Ghee? Seems like we've seen this movie before with him. Not sure what they are waiting for. Like putting Porter on the PUP list...... What has he shown to get the Peko treatment.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 06:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Wonder why they are holding out hope for Ghee? Seems like we've seen this movie before with him. Not sure what they are waiting for. Like putting Porter on the PUP list...... What has he shown to get the Peko treatment.

Good question. I would think Troy Hill would make them forget all about Ghee. Plus, we have Shaw presumably ahead of Ghee on the depth chart.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 06:12 PM)Shady Wrote: Good question. I would think Troy Hill would make them forget all about Ghee. Plus, we have Shaw presumably ahead of Ghee on the depth chart.

Right and C.Lew whose been active this preseason and is a special teams ace.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
SHOCKING NEWS Tevin Reese and Mark Weisman just got waived.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 11:30 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I was a little surprised at the Nico Johnson cut.  Maybe that was my high hopes that since he was healthy that he would be a contributor.

(08-31-2015, 11:34 AM)Shady Wrote: Maybe not surprised, but certainly disappointed. Nico between Burfict and Dawson would have been pretty amazing. Instead, we get "Whiff" Maualuga again, probably just because they overpaid to keep him. And what has Hawk shown since he's been here?

Yeah, I was a little surprised at Nico being cut too and was hoping he would make it.  I'm really hoping if he doesn't get on somewhere else that we get him on the Practice Squad.  I wouldn't doubt that we will be needing another LB sooner or later.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 04:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My logic is "severely flawed" yet you completely sidestepped my very valid question while accusing me of saying things that I didn't say. I never said MJ won't help. I beleieve he will - during regular season.

I feel players get better, guys like Geno will be better in 2015. AJ Green likely will not miss 6 games. We likely will not be missing our 2 top WR's and 3 top TE's in the same playoff game. Guys like Dre, Dennard, IIoka and others should get better.

Then, you add a player like MJ to get the DL rotation back to 8 or 9 guys so they can stay fresh. MJ is a better starting DE than Gilberry (more complete) so it allows the guys like Gilberry, Peko and Geno to take more plays off.

I like our roster. I like Marvin Jones. I like Tyler Eifert. I feel MJ and Hawk in addition to more experience from some young guys added to a lot of keys guys injured in 2015 back from 2014 gives us a very good roster.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Add Weisman and Reese to the list

3 to go
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 06:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I feel players get better, guys like Geno will be better in 2015. AJ Green likely will not miss 6 games. We likely will not be missing our 2 top WR's and 3 top TE's in the same playoff game. Guys like Dre, Dennard, IIoka and others should get better.

Then, you add a player like MJ to get the DL rotation back to 8 or 9 guys so they can stay fresh. MJ is a better starting DE than Gilberry (more complete) so it allows the guys like Gilberry, Peko and Geno to take more plays off.

I like our roster. I like Marvin Jones. I like Tyler Eifert. I feel MJ and Hawk in addition to more experience from some young guys added to a lot of keys guys injured in 2015 back from 2014 gives us a very good roster.

I agree with a lot of this, but I don't see this team as being any better than the '13 version, and that team failed in the playoffs in spectacular fashion as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree with a lot of this, but I don't see this team as being any better than the '13 version, and that team failed in the playoffs in spectacular fashion as well.

The lack of Burfict and the edition of Hill kinda makes it a wash
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:44 PM)Element Wrote: Was confused at the hype Moore got when he was signed

Pretty standard "our team" optimism, but there was some evidence he COULD be decent.  If a guy is cut from the Raiders and goes to 30 of the non-Bengals teams in the NFL or just drops off the map we assume it's for a good reason.  If our team gets him we start to think of all the ways he could shine in our system.

Also, Denarius Moore's best season as a WR was not during the Hue Jackson days, but during the 2012 season when Hue was gone, Moore was stuffed into the WR#1 role and they were almost always behind, and Palmer was slinging the ball nearly 40 times per game.  Whoops.
Reply/Quote
I'am more dissapointed with Sam Montgomery.

I thought that after Houson threw him out this would be a great chance to get him straight. But he has shown absolute nothing !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 06:58 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Add Weisman and Reese to the list

3 to go

With 3 guys ready to go to PUP in Burfict, Porter and Ogbuehi might not see any more cuts till after the last game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote