Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals release WR Denarius Moore among others
(09-02-2015, 01:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they have had some speedy return men in camp the last few years (UDFA's)... but they never seemed to see the light of day come preseason.  maybe hurt or what have you.

You answered yourself when you mention UDFAs. Those guys weren't going to have a legit shot. This team is loyal to a fault and Tate is one of those guys. We're at a point where Pacman gets the return job if he hasn't played too much before the return. Tate is only there to give a Pacman a breather.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 03:58 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Bingo.
They change nothing, even at the littlest of spots and wonder why results never change

It's frustrating. Guys like Peko and Tate should've been replaced this year. Yet, here they are again.

(09-02-2015, 04:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You answered yourself when you mention UDFAs. Those guys weren't going to have a legit shot. This team is loyal to a fault and Tate is one of those guys. We're at a point where Pacman gets the return job if he hasn't played too much before the return. Tate is only there to give a Pacman a breather.

True. Pacman had more kick returns than Tate (27 to 18) and more punt returns (22 to 18).

It makes it even more frustrating that they keep Tate around, as he's useless as a WR. We're paper thin at WR as a result.

That lack of depth was exposed in a big way last year, yet they changed nothing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 01:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's frustrating. Guys like Peko and Tate should've been replaced this year. Yet, here they are again.

True. Pacman had more kick returns than Tate (27 to 18) and more punt returns (22 to 18).

It makes it even more frustrating that they keep Tate around, as he's useless as a WR. We're paper thin at WR as a result.

That lack of depth was exposed in a big way last year, yet they changed nothing.

Dehener and Jim O. discussed Tate on the BBP. They pretty much agree with those of us that don't see much value for Tate. It's been frustrating that Alford has had a grand total of 2 returns in the preseason, and he's supposed to be our best option at replacing Tate.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 04:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehener and Jim O. discussed Tate on the BBP. They pretty much agree with those of us that don't see much value for Tate. It's been frustrating that Alford has had a grand total of 2 returns in the preseason, and he's supposed to be our best option at replacing Tate.

So it's not just some of us "malcontents."  ThumbsUp
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 01:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's frustrating. Guys like Peko and Tate should've been replaced this year. Yet, here they are again. Agreed but find an upgrade no reason to replace just to replace

I did see an interesting Trade scenario.... Hunt for Patterson..... As they have been saying Patterson hasnt really panned out as a WR.. but is pretty dangerous as a return guy..

I only bring this up due to the deep DL and the still large want to replace tate. i thought it was an interesting Idea... Probly wont happen. but still an interesting possibility
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 04:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I did see an interesting Trade scenario.... Hunt for Patterson.....   As they have been saying Patterson hasnt really panned out as a WR.. but is pretty dangerous as a return guy..

I only bring this up due to the deep DL and the still large want to replace tate. i thought it was an interesting Idea... Probly wont happen. but still an interesting possibility

I like this idea. Maybe even trade Peko AND Tate for Patterson, just to make it more enticing for MIN?

I like the idea of Atkins, Sims, Thompson, Hardison, and Williams. Or find a way to add Phil Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 05:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like this idea. Maybe even trade Peko AND Tate for Patterson, just to make it more enticing for MIN?

I like the idea of Atkins, Sims, Thompson, Hardison, and Williams. Or find a way to add Phil Taylor.

Why?  When both are likely to be UFAs on Saturday.  From what I understand, the Minnesota fans wouldn't be sad to see Patterson go.  Some even refer to him as "Sir drops a lot"..

And, it is not that I hate Hunt.  In fact, I was a major fan of drafting him.  It's just that I feel like he's just taking a roster spot that could be used for an up and comer that has actually played football his whole athletic career.

And, I'm no homer when it comes to Peko, either.  I would have danced for joy, had the Bengals signed Terrance Knighton, or drafted Peko's replacement.  But, the point is, he's here for at least this season. (hopefully no longer)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why?  When both are likely to be UFAs on Saturday.  From what I understand, the Minnesota fans wouldn't be sad to see Patterson go.  Some even refer to him as "Sir drops a lot"..

And, it is not that I hate Hunt.  In fact, I was a major fan of drafting him.  It's just that I feel like he's just taking a roster spot that could be used for an up and comer that has actually played football his whole athletic career.

And, I'm no homer when it comes to Peko, either.  I would have danced for joy, had the Bengals signed Terrance Knighton, or drafted Peko's replacement.  But, the point is, he's here for at least this season. (hopefully no longer)

well for one thing i believe both would have to pass thru waivers first.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why?  When both are likely to be UFAs on Saturday.  From what I understand, the Minnesota fans wouldn't be sad to see Patterson go.  Some even refer to him as "Sir drops a lot"..

Peko is here until he goes to Marvin and says that guy is better than me, play him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote