Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-06-2019, 01:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Also why not just hire a decent OC?

I'm not getting this offense minded HC narrative that's going around these days.

It's almost as annoying as "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity" quote.

People just hear things and parrot the shit out of them no matter the validity of the words.

look at the top 3 teams in the league right now, NO, KC, AND LA. All teams with high flying offense and average-bad defenses.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Zac Taylor and Eric Bieniemy or two names that would excite some of the fan base.  I would also bring Vance Joseph in as DC and Keep Marvin Lewis in the Front office as GM assistant.  

I don't want Hue Jackson near this team.

Agreed!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Kinda reminds me of Zimmer in that clip.....lol.

Regardless of who we get, I want someone that will do something Marvin never did, and that is chew on the ear of the referee when we are obviously getting screwed. While the Harbaugh's are one extreme, Lewis was the other. I don't recall Marvin EVER yelling at a ref....

I know some white knights might come in and try to shoot down this type of behavior by the HC.

Like you said.  Harbaugh is the extreme, but I see no sense in being completely silent like Marvin's personality towards officiating.

Let's just hope we not only get a coach that can dispute officiating but has the pedigree to back it up.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:14 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: look at the top 3 teams in the league right now, NO, KC, AND LA. All teams with high flying offense and average-bad defenses.

I'm well aware of that.

So the OC doesn't have a hand in any of those situations?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Zac Taylor and Eric Bieniemy or two names that would excite some of the fan base.  I would also bring Vance Joseph in as DC and Keep Marvin Lewis in the Front office as GM assistant.  

I don't want Hue Jackson near this team.

[Image: 200.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm well aware of that.

So the OC doesn't have a hand in any of those situations?

lol, of course they do, that's why the guys who have their hands in those offenses are the hot names for HC positions. The league is moving towards offense, making it harder to even play defense, so people want to move with the current and not against it
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:45 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: lol, of course they do, that's why the guys who have their hands in those offenses are the hot names for HC positions. The league is moving towards offense, making it harder to even play defense, so people want to move with the current and not against it

The next guy who will be a god?  The guy who invents the cure for these high flying offenses.  And then everybody will want one of him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 03:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Gimme Bieniemy. I'm also cool with Taylor or Monken.

And I know Bieniemy's biggest thing is about play calls. But, Pederson only called offensive plays in 2015. In 2013-14, Andy Reid was the one calling the shots while Pederson was OC.

Here's an exerpt from an article I read on Bieniemy:
"Jones-Drew said Bieniemy has a knack for managing multiple personality types. And that while he shows players he cares about players as people, he does not sugar-coat the truth.

“One time I was playing the Ravens in Jacksonville and I fumbled three times,” Jones-Drew recalled. “I get a text from him. I had been with him when I was 17 to 20 years old, so the text was ‘Everything is going to be OK.’ But then he added, ‘But this is where you messed up.’ And he detailed everything he saw on television. He doesn’t allow you to slack. He’s been in those situations. To see it on TV and detail it like that. He cares about people. But he also tells you the blunt, honest truth.”...

With the Vikings, he coached Adrian Peterson, who twice led the NFL in rushing. Peterson nicknamed Bieniemy “The Truth.”

...Bieniemy is Reid’s first offensive coordinator who didn’t play quarterback. Reid says Bieniemy is an expert in pass protections and helps Mahomes with that aspect of his game.

Though Bieniemy does not call the Chiefs plays, he’s heavily involved in game-planning and preparation. He also reviews film and then meets with Reid to collaboratively devise a weekly strategy.

“One thing I’ve learned from coach is to always remain flexible,” Bieniemy told ESPN’s Adam Schefter this year. “In order to expand, you always want to stay a step or two ahead of everyone and what they’re thinking around the league. And so, that’s been one thing that I love — the creativity and the conversations that we have, and just the way we study, we approach things, and we piece it together.”"

Nice post - and encouraging since such a large percentage of the board want Bieniemy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is good news...

Mike Garafolo
Forgot to mention here, look for the #Bengals to expand their coaching search with candidates playing this weekend. Was told they preferred to not distract those coaches ahead of their first playoff game.

So the cots Dc and the Cowboys CB coach May both he in play but we are waiting as to not distract which is cool.
More great news, would be all for Richard as the next HC too.

Love how he gets his players pumped up, this is what we need.

Marv was always meh and never a great motivator from what i saw.

(01-05-2019, 03:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Gimme Bieniemy. I'm also cool with Taylor or Monken.

And I know Bieniemy's biggest thing is about play calls. But, Pederson only called offensive plays in 2015. In 2013-14, Andy Reid was the one calling the shots while Pederson was OC.

Here's an exerpt from an article I read on Bieniemy:
"Jones-Drew said Bieniemy has a knack for managing multiple personality types. And that while he shows players he cares about players as people, he does not sugar-coat the truth.

“One time I was playing the Ravens in Jacksonville and I fumbled three times,” Jones-Drew recalled. “I get a text from him. I had been with him when I was 17 to 20 years old, so the text was ‘Everything is going to be OK.’ But then he added, ‘But this is where you messed up.’ And he detailed everything he saw on television. He doesn’t allow you to slack. He’s been in those situations. To see it on TV and detail it like that. He cares about people. But he also tells you the blunt, honest truth.”...

With the Vikings, he coached Adrian Peterson, who twice led the NFL in rushing. Peterson nicknamed Bieniemy “The Truth.”

...Bieniemy is Reid’s first offensive coordinator who didn’t play quarterback. Reid says Bieniemy is an expert in pass protections and helps Mahomes with that aspect of his game.

Though Bieniemy does not call the Chiefs plays, he’s heavily involved in game-planning and preparation. He also reviews film and then meets with Reid to collaboratively devise a weekly strategy.

“One thing I’ve learned from coach is to always remain flexible,” Bieniemy told ESPN’s Adam Schefter this year. “In order to expand, you always want to stay a step or two ahead of everyone and what they’re thinking around the league. And so, that’s been one thing that I love — the creativity and the conversations that we have, and just the way we study, we approach things, and we piece it together.”"

Great read, didn't know Bienemy had worked with those guys, two the best RB's ever.

Good resume this guy has.
Reply/Quote
I like the fact that many fans are not bashing Mike Brown as much so far. Yes, he is/has been horrible but this season he 1. Got a trade done 2. re-signed Atkins and Dunlap 3.hired new DC and fired DC same season 4. had the team winning! 5. And finally said goodbye to Marvin

Only minus was he didn't hire a free agent WR when AJ went down and allowed Hue to come back (per Marvin's request?).

Your last thing to do is get the best people to turn the ship around Mike, you can do it!!!
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't this thread be a sticky for all of the coaching news and rumors?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I like the fact that many fans are not bashing Mike Brown as much so far. Yes, he is/has been horrible but this season he 1. Got a trade done 2. re-signed Atkins and Dunlap 3.hired new DC and fired DC same season 4. had the team winning! 5. And finally said goodbye to Marvin

Only minus was he didn't hire a free agent WR when AJ went down and allowed Hue to come back (per Marvin's request?).

Your last thing to do is get the best people to turn the ship around Mike, you can do it!!!

From what i am hearing Mikey didn't do all of that. Katie, Troy, Duke all had a big part in these moves.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

This is old news,5 days ago,post something new on here Cool Cool Cool Cool
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(01-07-2019, 04:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: From what i am hearing Mikey didn't do all of that. Katie, Troy, Duke all had a big part in these moves.

I been reading a lot of that recently too, but since they haven't officially made it yet (announcement of MB retiring,etc), we'll slump everything on the old man for now, good & bad.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:06 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I been reading a lot of that recently too, but since they haven't officially made it yet (announcement of MB retiring,etc), we'll slump everything on the old man for now, good & bad.  

You go ahead and do that Bengalitis, i tend to lean the way of he is not near as involved as he used to be.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t realize mcdaniels basically said thanks but no thanks. I’m sure he had a good laugh with the team that we would even consider calling him. Knowing Mikey, he probably is calling him and all coaches collect so he can save some more cash
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:44 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Can he bring Whit back with him?  

This is old old new over 6 days ago,post something new for all us fans.We have heard NOTHING NOTHING FOR 4 DAYS about anything about who is b eing interviewed or what is going on.Why no info for 6 picking days.Did butch quit and go back to new England.I so hope they get this next hire right.I like Tom Herman from Texas University or the Todd guy from the bucs.I do not want another former fat coach who thinks they know everything and will not get it done.Bring in a hungry new blood coach from the college ranks or someone that has been around for awhile in the nfl but never got a chance.No to anyone on this staff at present,keep Frank Pollack and D. Simmons,fire the rest.LETS GO Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:32 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This is old old new over 6 days ago,post something new for all us fans.We have heard NOTHING NOTHING FOR 4 DAYS about anything about who is b eing interviewed or what is going on.Why no info for 6 picking days.Did butch quit and go back to new England.I so hope they get this next hire right.I like Tom Herman from Texas University or the Todd guy from the bucs.I do not want another former fat coach who thinks they know everything and will not get it done.Bring in a hungry new blood coach from the college ranks or someone that has been around for awhile in the nfl but never got a chance.No to anyone on this staff at present,keep Frank Pollack and D. Simmons,fire the rest.LETS GO Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:

You cannot offer a job to a coach who's team is still in the playoffs. If they announce a new coach today, it is in house. If it's Bieniemy, they have to wait till the Chief's lose, same with the Rams coaches, etc. Basically, Monkin at TB is could be announced if he got the job, the others have to wait.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:17 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I didn’t realize mcdaniels basically said thanks but no thanks. I’m sure he had a good laugh with the team that we would even consider calling him. Knowing Mikey, he probably is calling him and all coaches collect so he can save some more cash

We shouldn't automatically assume we got turned down "cuz the team sucks", though.

Bieniemy turned down the Cards and interviewed with us. For all we know, their wives didn't want to live in Cincy or Arizona. It could be a multitude of reasons. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You cannot offer a job to a coach who's team is still in the playoffs. If they announce a new coach today, it is in house. If it's Bieniemy, they have to wait till the Chief's lose, same with the Rams coaches, etc. Basically, Monkin at TB is could be announced if he got the job, the others have to wait.

Yep and the guys in the Playoffs are the ones i like the best besides Monken.

Wait and do this right.
Reply/Quote