Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-07-2019, 05:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We shouldn't automatically assume we got turned down "cuz the team sucks", though.

Bieniemy turned down the Cards and interviewed with us. For all we know, their wives didn't want to live in Cincy or Arizona. It could be a multitude of reasons. 

That maybe true, but given the fact we are looked at as the laughing stock of the nfl for keeping Marvin 2 seasons too long is hard to not consider
Reply/Quote
Looks like GB has agreed to go with the current Titan's OC.

Good news for us as someone not on our radar went to the "best" opening.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like GB has agreed to go with the current Titan's OC.

Good news for us as someone not on our radar went to the "best" opening.

All our radar is pointed right at PBS and the whole charade of flying coast to coast in search of the next great HC is just an elaborate **** you to the fans.  We'll pick who we want and the fans can go straight to hell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:46 PM)McC Wrote: All our radar is pointed right at PBS and the whole charade of flying coast to coast in search of the next great HC is just an elaborate **** you to the fans.  We'll pick who we want and the fans can go straight to hell.

Let me take a wild guess:

You didn't think we'd fire Marvin?

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:46 PM)McC Wrote: All our radar is pointed right at PBS and the whole charade of flying coast to coast in search of the next great HC is just an elaborate **** you to the fans.  We'll pick who we want and the fans can go straight to hell.

Wait till we scew up first McC before jumping off the cliff man.

There are lots of great candidates to choose from.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me take a wild guess:

Lotta people have been saying internal hire.  Now that Lap is saying it, I can't help but take notice.  Mike is always gonna be Mike.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wait till we scew up first McC before jumping off the cliff man.

There are lots of great candidates to choose from.
That's what will make it all the harder to swallow.

Reply/Quote

Thanks to Mike's stewardship, we know the lay of the land.

The fact that no coach has been announced let's me hope.  I mean, if you wanted Hue you could have had him signed, sealed and delivered a week ago at this time.  Maybe they are waiting for someone otherwise occupied with postseason game plans to shake loose.  I can hope, dammit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Thanks to Mike's stewardship, we know the lay of the land.

The fact that no coach has been announced let's me hope.  I mean, if you wanted Hue you could have had him signed, sealed and delivered a week ago at this time.  Maybe they are waiting for someone otherwise occupied with postseason game plans to shake loose.  I can hope, dammit.

Damn rights Llama.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me take a wild guess:

I'm not even sure if he really was fired.

[Image: th?id=OIP.eQh1UnL0cyo1iiEDuG75RAHaEV&pid...=265&h=156]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not even sure if he really was fired.

Sorta like Elvis isn't dead? 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not even sure if he really was fired.

This right here.   You want Marv gone?  Careful what you wish for.  When Lazor fails miserably, it won't make Marv look so bad.  If they hire an up and comer and he comes in and turns things right around, how bad does that make Marv look?

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:52 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: That maybe true, but given the fact we are looked at as the laughing stock of the nfl for keeping Marvin 2 seasons too long is hard to not consider

That didn't make the Bengals the laughing stock in the NFL.

Plus, that shows an owner that's willing to give you time to build a team rather than have you be one and done.
For instance; Ben MacAdoo, Jim Tomsula, Steve Wilks, and Chip Kelly were all fired after one season. Some coaches only lasted 2 season.
Coaches are going to pay attention to owners who are quick to fire.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That didn't make the Bengals the laughing stock in the NFL.

Plus, that shows an owner that's willing to give you time to build a team rather than have you be one and done.
For instance; Ben MacAdoo, Jim Tomsula, Steve Wilks, and Chip Kelly were all fired after one season. Some coaches only lasted 2 season.

Would love to have him as our DC. He was a master at the 4-3. He went to ARZ and they forced him to turn a 3-4 into a 4-3 and fired him after he couldn't do it in one year. 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That didn't make the Bengals the laughing stock in the NFL.

It just scares me on who brown will pick on fear we may be stuck with them a long time if it’s a bad hire. Let’s be honest here, the picks have been less than stellar since I’ve grown up which was the 90s to now. I’m hoping this time we get someone who’s an unknown stud or well kept secret.
Reply/Quote
I've heard it's Katie's pick. It's likely Joseph who isn't "inside" but is if everyone thinking it's someone from within. The Kubiak situation seemed to connect to him, more so then Lazor I still think.

But until it's done, it's not done, and we all can maintain hope for another day.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sorta like Elvis isn't dead? 

Yep and this guy is really Tupac...

[Image: th?id=OIP.wizSoo5BCiX8ndt4TEcHHAHaFQ&pid...=235&h=167]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 10:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've heard it's Katie's pick. It's likely Joseph who isn't "inside" but is if everyone thinking it's someone from within. The Kubiak situation seemed to connect to him, more so then Lazor I still think.

But until it's done, it's not done, and we all can maintain hope for another day.

Joseph is inside and would be very underwhelming
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would love to have him as our DC. He was a master at the 4-3. He went to ARZ and they forced him to turn a 3-4 into a 4-3 and fired him after he couldn't do it in one year. 

Damn, you'd think he could handle something like that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Agreed,

I very seriously doubt Marvin walked in and Mike said you're fired, sit down.
Reply/Quote