Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-08-2019, 07:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can someone break that down for those of us that are gambling illiterate?

Same, i don't get it. Which is the most likely according to that?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, i don't get it. Which is the most likely according to that?

Simmons

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:32 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Simmons

Eh, i don't believe it then. Highly doubt we go inside, we would of announced it by now if this was the case IMO.

Looks like Monken is 2nd, would take him every day over Simmons even if he is one of our best coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, i don't believe it then. Highly doubt we go inside, we would of announced it by now if this was the case IMO.

Looks like Monken is 2nd, would take him every day over Simmons even if he is one of our best coaches.

I mean. BetDSI also says John Harbaugh is the most likely to be HC for the Dolphins.

Also had Kingsbury 5th for the Cardinals. Though they did make the Packers HC their #2.

BetDSI is just.....meh.
They even had Lazor as the #1 for the Bengals not too long ago.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean. BetDSI also says John Harbaugh is the most likely to be HC for the Dolphins.

Also had Kingsbury 5th for the Cardinals. Though they did make the Packers HC their #2.

BetDSI is just.....meh.

Yeah I actually take it all with a grain of salt. The Bengals are pretty tight lipped about this type of stuff, so more than likely nobody has a clue what they are going to do. Heck, the Bengals probably don’t know what the Bengals are going to do yet. If they did, they would have announced it by now.

I posted only because I thought it would create some banter.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean. BetDSI also says John Harbaugh is the most likely to be HC for the Dolphins.

BetDSI is just.....meh.

Sounds like they are just shooting in the dark don't it Wolf?
Reply/Quote
"Ex-Broncos head coach (and ex-Bengals secondary coach) Vance Joseph appears well-positioned, but I’ve been told by guys from Marvin Lewis’ staff not to rule out former Browns coach Hue Jackson. Remember, Bengals ownership is probably less concerned with public perception, or reaction to a hire, than anyone else in the league."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/8/18174046/nfl-rumors-update-bengals-coaching-search-vance-joseph-hue-jackson-mike-brown

I truly hope this is not even close
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like they are just shooting in the dark don't it Wolf?

Well that means Lapham is too, considering he said that the Bengals brass are very high on Simmons and Lazor.

I personally have a bad feeling the outcome will be one that the majority of fans will not like. Meaning it will be an inside hire or Vance Joseph, which to me might as well be an inside hire.

Brace yourselves.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:58 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: "Ex-Broncos head coach (and ex-Bengals secondary coach) Vance Joseph appears well-positioned, but I’ve been told by guys from Marvin Lewis’ staff not to rule out former Browns coach Hue Jackson. Remember, Bengals ownership is probably less concerned with public perception, or reaction to a hire, than anyone else in the league."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/8/18174046/nfl-rumors-update-bengals-coaching-search-vance-joseph-hue-jackson-mike-brown

Yesterday during Paul Dehner's podcast he said the Bengals are being extremely tight lipped about the situation. Outside of announcing some interviews there is no new information.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope we make a run at McCarthy.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 08:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Well that means Lapham is too, considering he said that the Bengals brass are very high on Simmons and Lazor.

I personally have a bad feeling the outcome will be one that the majority of fans will not like. Meaning it will be an inside hire or Vance Joseph, which to me might as well be an inside hire.

Brace yourselves.
Wouldn't surprise me if it's Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph, they might feel so grateful to get another HC gig that they will be more than happy to tow the company line.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:22 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if it's Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph, they might feel so grateful to get another HC gig that they will be more than happy to tow the company line.

And that might actually be the main point here - are they looking for a puppet who accepts the way things are run or are they looking for a new voice and some change organizationally
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:58 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: "Ex-Broncos head coach (and ex-Bengals secondary coach) Vance Joseph appears well-positioned, but I’ve been told by guys from Marvin Lewis’ staff not to rule out former Browns coach Hue Jackson. Remember, Bengals ownership is probably less concerned with public perception, or reaction to a hire, than anyone else in the league."

https://youtu.be/Jg34Nxb_Vjs
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 08:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Yesterday during Paul Dehner's podcast he said the Bengals are being extremely tight lipped about the situation. Outside of announcing some interviews there is no new information.

They may not be in any big hurry. as several teams are still in the playoffs and they may be waiting to interview other candidates.  We already know that they don't say much, until there is "real news" to report, so my suggestion is to just get comfy and watch the dominos fall.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think right now at this point that no one outside the top of the organization knows what the status of any of the candidates. We can say a lot of things about the Browns but being loose with information is not one of them.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If it was Hue or Vance then the news is going to drop any second now. Positions are filling and the hire can blend right on in with the flurry.

If it goes another day or two, it's def someone from the outside. Book it!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They may not be in any big hurry. as several teams are still in the playoffs and they may be waiting to interview other candidates.  

That seems so positive; that's not the Bengals I know. 
Reply/Quote
If the Bengal "Brass" is not concerned about fan opinion, then why did the Bengals fly out to Los Angeles to interview Waldron and Taylor after already interview Hue, Joseph, Simmons, and Lazor? Why did they interview Bieniemy and Monken? They would have announced the new head coach by now.

Tells me there is still a possibility that the new head coach will be external to the organization. If they do hire someone internal the blow back will be intense. Fans have had with Mike Brown period. If it is Joseph, it would be the least evil of those familiar with Marvin Lewis regime.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glamour boy Kingsbury would LOVE to be coaching in the Big Apple.

I hope they sign him.

When did you become British?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengal "Brass" is not concerned about fan opinion, then why did the Bengals fly out to Los Angeles to interview Waldron and Taylor after already interview Hue, Joseph, Simmons, and Lazor?  Why did they interview Bieniemy and Monken?  They would have announced the new head coach by now.

Tells me there is still a possibility that the new head coach will be external to the organization.  If they do hire someone internal the blow back will be intense.  Fans have had with Mike Brown period.  If it is Joseph, it would be the least evil of those familiar with Marvin Lewis regime.

This is the same thing that's bothering me. Local media has noted that the nearly empty stadium week after week was one of the reasons for Mike Brown to move on. If we promote from within, or go with Vance, the empty stadium will continue.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote