Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-03-2019, 02:23 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I understand that but we were still dissed by one of the top coaching prospects.  

Just another embarrassment on top of seriously considering Hue. And then Mikey being all sad because his BFF took his ball home on his own terms.

I'm not sure about that after reading Hobson's Choice.  He mentioned that if the team was going to hire from within, it would probably have already been announced.  He feels they are going outside of the organization, and has no idea how the assistants will work out.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 04:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I'm actually pretty glad......he made some dumbass decisions in Denver, then left Indy standing around with their ****s in their hands.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 04:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:51 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: From PFT:

Former Jets and current Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick endorsed Monken this week.

“I’m telling you: He’s got it,” Fitzpatrick said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “He’s got the ‘It factor’ as a head coach.”

That's a great endorsement
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 03:13 PM)McC Wrote: Every report that says Hue is MIke's choice also said he doesn't dare.  Why are you only focusing on half?

But are those reports actually true or perpetuating assumptions based on what people THINK Mike Brown wants.  Most reports, over the years, concerning Bengals management ended up being wrong.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Am I the only one concerned that Vance Joseph is, as far as we know, the only candidate with a two-day interview?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 07:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Am I the only one concerned that Vance Joseph is, as far as we know, the only candidate with a two-day interview?

Keep in mind that Bieniemy is interviewing Friday and I believe Zac Taylor's interview was moved to next week or so.  

The Good news is that Hue interviewed and the team is still interviewing.  
I would not mind Joseph as DC but would not be happy with him as head coach based on his performance with Broncos.  I will say that the Broncos have no QB and I still think the tides of coaching rest on the QB position.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Word is the Bengals are flying out to LA tomorrow to interview Taylor and Waldron.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:30 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Word is the Bengals are flying out to LA tomorrow to interview Taylor and Waldron.

Reply/Quote
Would they make the trip if they weren't that interested?

EDIT: Bieniemy's interview has been rescheduled for Saturday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1081000642280415232?s=20
Reply/Quote
Josh McDaniels turned down interview with Bengals....
Jeez....Mikey is already having an effect
Although this is the guy who left Colts in a lurch last yr too
Reply/Quote
According to Hobson on the search process:

'It’s believed they began working from a list of more than 20 names and have made about a dozen initial inquiries.'

He also notes that it's believed that Duke is part of the search committee.
Reply/Quote
Yeah because Duke has been so clutch lately.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:02 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Yeah because Duke has been so clutch lately.

At least it's one non 'family' voice in the room. Jerry
Reply/Quote
Fair point.
Reply/Quote
I think Joseph could be the interesting name here. I bet they're targeting him for the DC job and will shift through the young coach options from the top until one agrees to let Brown fill out the defensive side and keep Simmons.

Joseph would be the on staff fall back as assistant HC in case the young HC doesn't cut it. Maybe they are targeting Taylor with Waldron as OC, but if that doesn't happen Bienemy with McCullough as OC comes together. It's just interesting we aren't hearing another defensive coach mentioned. Messy or not, I think this is the goal.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 07:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Am I the only one concerned that Vance Joseph is, as far as we know, the only candidate with a two-day interview?

I don't believe that report was true. It was supposed to be Thursday and Friday, but the committee flew out last night to LA so it appears that never happened. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: According to Hobson on the search process:

He also notes that it's believed that Duke is part of the search committee.

Hobs really went out on a limb here..lol

Of course Tobin is involved, he is the head of the personnel department. Even an outsider would guess the committee would be Mikey, Tobin and Katie.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote