Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels Re-signs
(04-01-2021, 03:55 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yeah. My bad. My source was ZIM from New Stripe City. He had spoken with Daniels about the pending re0-signing, but didn't want to come clean with who it was. I sort knew it had to be Daniels, but Zim said "I didn't say it was Daniels." 

I thought that meant that it wasn't Daniels, so I posted the "STOPS!" 

What Zim was actually doing was engaging a little bit of protective denial. He didn't want to get accused of leaking. He has a special relationship with Daniels. If you haven't seen that interview on New Stripe City, I highly recommend it. Daniels is one of my favorite guiys on the team. We need more like him, albeit younger versions of him. LOL

Hey, ended up being correct so its all good. Yeah, that is the way to handle it, don't want to be a leaker lol

Daniels is an awesome dude. Happy he is back, now bring Kerrigan in is what I want to see for the pass rush.

Sucks he left without a contract but I truly believe he would get more snaps here then in Washington behind Young and Sweat.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, ended up being correct so its all good. Yeah, that is the way to handle it, don't want to be a leaker lol

Daniels is an awesome dude. Happy he is back, now bring Kerrigan in is what I want to see for the pass rush.

Sucks he left without a contract but I truly believe he would get more snaps here then in Washington behind Young and Sweat.

I hear ya, but I think we have to respect Zac for not being willing make Kerrigan any promises about starting. But I'm with you on wanting him here. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 04:51 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I hear ya, but I think we have to respect Zac for not being willing make Kerrigan any promises about starting. But I'm with you on wanting him here. 

Yes, and to tell the truth, if a player comes in and wants to be guaranteed the starting position without having to win it, I'm not sure we want him.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, and to tell the truth, if a player comes in and wants to be guaranteed the starting position without having to win it, I'm not sure we want him.

So you think Trey Hendrickson isn't guaranteed a starting position?  I can think of about 15 million reasons why he absolutely is.  Silly statement.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:16 AM)samhain Wrote: So you think Trey Hendrickson isn't guaranteed a starting position?  I can think of about 15 million reasons why he absolutely is.  Silly statement.

Yep. You can say the same for Waynes. Some other CB could have the camp of his life, but I guarantee he wouldn’t jump ahead of a guy making 16 million.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:16 AM)samhain Wrote: So you think Trey Hendrickson isn't guaranteed a starting position?  I can think of about 15 million reasons why he absolutely is.  Silly statement.

Hendrickson was brought in to replace Dunlap, a starting end. Kerrigan is wanting to come in and be guaranteed a starting spot OVER our starting end. Big difference. If he want's that spot, all he has to do is take it.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. You can say the same for Waynes. Some other CB could have the camp of his life, but I guarantee he wouldn’t jump ahead of a guy making 16 million.

I don't buy that, he may come in penciled in as the starter, but if he has a horrible camp and someone else is better, that guy will start and Waynes will probably be let go the following year. This isn't Marvin Lewis' Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't buy that, he may come in penciled in as the starter, but if he has a horrible camp and someone else is better, that guy will start and Waynes will probably be let go the following year. This isn't Marvin Lewis' Bengals...

You’re right, Marvin’s Bengals actually won games...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re right, Marvin’s Bengals actually won games...

And yet everyone complained... Marvin plays the vets, Marvin won't play the rookies...blah blah blah....
Reply/Quote