Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
(09-02-2017, 12:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ugh, I hate this team.

I sure don't hate the team, but I hate the decision.  I see Bullock faltering and we let go of a kid with a thunder leg that was just getting started.  Bullock better stay on his game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: NYG cut Josh Johnson. So Bengals can put Driskel on IR, trade McCarron, and bring back Josh Johnson as backup QB. Sarcasm

Nah im good without Josh.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It would be a little scary, but I think they believe Andre Smith is the backup at both tackle spots....gulp. 

That's what I was afraid of. What I'm hoping is that they're open to adding a tackle that got cut.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I sure don't hate the team, but I hate the decision.  I see Bullock faltering and we let go of a kid with a thunder leg that was just getting started.  Bullock better stay on his game.  

Eliott will be on the practice squad. Nobody is claiming him.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It would be a little scary, but I think they believe Andre Smith is the backup at both tackle spots....gulp. 

Before Hopkins stole the starting RG spot the backup swing tackle was Winston...be thankful for small miracles lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:48 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: So Gilberry and Winston are gone. Only another 30 or so names to be coming out soon.

My main curiosities are who gets brought back after Driskel and Peerman go on IR and who's the kicker? Bullock won the job, but I can't see them cutting a 5th rounder.

Peerman was already placed on IR.  That spot is already available.
Reply/Quote
I monitor twitter one time a year and this is it....Hell I've even got 2 "followers".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get that, but I'd think most people would be more interested in what's good for the team, rather than getting so invested in 1 player.

Jake Elliott was setting up to be a major liability, and fwiw, kickers don't develop like QB's. It seems either they have it or they don't.

Lets be honest though, our 5th round picks rarely do anything anyway. I'd rather cut our losses now than sit through a season watching him shank kick after kick.

Actually kickers are weird.  They'll get it, lose it, then find it again, and lose it again.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Actually kickers are weird.  They'll get it, lose it, then find it again, and lose it again.

I was talking more about rookies. If he's already "lost it" before he ever plays an actual game, that wouldn't be a good sign anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Was a bit surprised by the Elliott cut. He had upside and a big leg but Bullock was better this Preseason in practice for sure.

I just hope Bullock can become more clutch, he is 50% last i checked when the game is on the line.

We just better keep it out of the kickers feet. Maybe Elliott goes to the PS for the future, would like this.

Pry wouldn't get picked up by anyone either with what he shown.

All for the Winston and Gilberry cuts. Liked what i saw from Andre in the running game and the young Ends this Preseason.

Especially Willis and Smith. Wanted Smith to make it badly, looks like he is which is awesome.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Actually kickers are weird.  They'll get it, lose it, then find it again, and lose it again.

Yup. Pretty much all kickers in the NFL either starting for vying for jobs are very close in physical abilities. What separates them though is their mental fortitude and muscle memory in all situations. Now that Bullock won the job and has that confidence behind him, hopefully his mental fortitude improves going forward resulting in the best years of his career. In the meantime Elliot hopefully will be on the practice squad getting better in case Bullock starts to Nuge it up.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Shrek got cut. (3rd draft pick cut so far)

Driskel will make 53, then placed on IR to be brought back later perhaps.

Tre Carson placed on IR.

Reply/Quote
Heard we are keeping Driskell on the original 53

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Shrek got cut. (3rd draft pick cut so far)

Tre Carson placed on IR.

Pretty sure Carson goes to waivers, nit immediate IR

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Shrek got cut. (3rd draft pick cut so far)

Tre Carson placed on IR.

Who is the other draft pick besides Elliott and Schreck?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who are the other 2 draft picks?

Elliott Dielman

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure Carson goes to waivers, nit immediate IR

Yeah will find out more soon on that. One tweet said him and Shrek to waivers. Another one said he will be on IR per source. Which would make sense if the Bengals wanted him next year. 

Reply/Quote
Trading Bene. Nothing official, tweet retracted

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trading Bene. Nothing official, tweet retracted

Good. I like getting stuff for free when they would've been cut anyways.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:49 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Good. I like getting stuff for free when they would've been cut anyways.

Actually tweet was retracted. Originally had him going to Dallas; however, now just says "working to move some pieces"

Reply/Quote