Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
There's something almost sad when you see players who should have retired from the game trying to hang just one more season only to get cut at the beginning of the season.  I guess the possibility of one more million dollar paycheck outweighs going out with a shred of dignity..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He wont, another team will get him, and he'll end up a good player. Why? Because Piano Man logic.

Agreed. I thought Dielman was going to make it, especially seeing Winston got the boot. If you're not handpicked by Alexander the Great, you can hit the bricks. Plus, Alexander probably didn't want Bodine to be nervous. That's his boy.
Reply/Quote
Somebody probably already mentioned it, but Eric Winston and Wallace Gilberry are the first two cuts.

If Winston is out, we have to get a backup tackle somewhere...right?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The C from WV already got cut. Tyler Orlosky.

I saw that. He was one of my favorites coming in the draft. Thought he would have been a nice grab in the 4th round.

Heh. Guess I was wrong. Not the first time, nor the last.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The C from WV already got cut. Tyler Orlosky.

They really were not exaggerating when they said this past year's Oline class was awful haha.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They really were not exaggerating when they said this past year's Oline class was awful haha.

Orlosky could have been a case of injury.  Says he had an MCL injury in the Spring, and never really got back into the race during preseason.  

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Eagles-release-C-Tyler-Orlosky-106765395

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Somebody probably already mentioned it, but Eric Winston and Wallace Gilberry are the first two cuts.

If Winston is out, we have to get a backup tackle somewhere...right?

Andre would be first backup. Probably why he was getting reps at lt. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: There's something almost sad when you see players who should have retired from the game trying to hang just one more season only to get cut at the beginning of the season.  I guess the possibility of one more million dollar paycheck outweighs going out with a shred of dignity..

Bah, you're like the people who were saying Rocky should have retired halfway through Rocky III, or something.
Reply/Quote
Giants cut Mike Nugent so he's available should we decided neither Bullock or Elliott worked out    Sarcasm

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The Nuge is out of the NYG
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote: Giants cut Mike Nugent so he's available should we decided neither Bullock or Elliott worked out    Sarcasm

Oh how I wish I could get behind this sarcasm.  The way I see it, we keep Elliot and if he's as bad as he has been then Bullock or Nugent should be available and we can pick them up.  
Reply/Quote
Mike Nugent is a free agent.

Ultimate Bengal move coming up... We cut both Bullock and Elliot and resign Nugent.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Per Jim O, Elliott got the axe.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote: Giants cut Mike Nugent so he's available should we decided neither Bullock or Elliott worked out    Sarcasm

That would be one of the best trolljobs ever by a team. Cut the two kickers fans were divided on, only to bring back the one kicker everyone wanted out.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: That would be one of the best trolljobs ever by a team. Cut the two kickers fans were divided on, only to bring back the one kicker everyone wanted out.

He could become the Chris Crocker of Kickers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:27 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Per Jim O, Elliott got the axe.

:\
Reply/Quote

Gotta admit, never been so disappointed by a kicker being cut.

Reply/Quote

The Fat Randy era continues!  Welp, I'd rather go with Elliot but I admit I'm more into interesting things than "good" things in this case.  
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/02/cincinnati-bengals-make-call-kicker-randy-bulloc/626018001/

the Bullock over Elliot decision

Reply/Quote

Ugh, I hate this team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote