Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
I won't be shocked if Graham Gano is our kicker Sunday....

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:33 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I won't be shocked if Graham Gano is our kicker Sunday....

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk

I'd be shocked the Bengals would make such a logical and pro-active move.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a good year to be a Bengals 5th round draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. How could anyone think otherwise? In the middle of a slow and methodical rebuild, they used available cap $ to essentially buy a 2nd round draft pick. 

They certainly didn't need their cap space to use on free agents (they're rebuilding), so they used it towards the rebuild. 

This is an example of creativity we could never dream of seeing from Mike Brown.

Well, in fairness, hopefully we will never be in such a horrible position as to have to do a complete makeover.  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Andre would be first backup. Probably why he was getting reps at lt. 

That's putting a lot of faith in a walking body cast.

(09-02-2017, 12:27 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Per Jim O, Elliott got the axe.

(09-02-2017, 12:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ugh, I hate this team.

Why? Elliott hit 57% in preseason and was poor in practice from all reports. Why all the love for this guy?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's putting a lot of faith in a walking body cast.

Why? Elliott hit 57% in preseason and was poor in practice from all reports. Why all the love for this guy?

Andre should be healthy as a backup as long as they dont let him practice and enforce the walking to the buffet rule with him. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: "will update all cuts here in this post as they come through my tweeter feeds and other secret sources I use,...."

Is this anything like the secret sauce and do we all have to place our hands on the bible and take the oath to never divulge those super secret sources? You don't have to worry. I can keep a secret unless there's a lot of money (or even a little) involved or the threat of me getting in trouble somehow no matter how minor .. Wink just don't threaten to have a little girl hit me. I break every time to little girls..

Forget your glasses today, pops?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Andre should be healthy as a backup as long as they dont let him practice and enforce the walking to the buffet rule with him. 

In other words, Andre should be a fine backup, as long as we never need him to play?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why? Elliott hit 57% in preseason and was poor in practice from all reports. Why all the love for this guy?

Fanbases like young guys they can imagine being great over vets they know are average.  We usually see this with QBs, but kickers aren't immune to the optimism it seems.  It's the kicker version of "We know what we have in XXX, let's see if the young kid is the next (insert great player here).
Reply/Quote
I just noticed my rep is at 6669, which is the mark of the sexual beast. Just sayin.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: "will update all cuts here in this post as they come through my tweeter feeds and other secret sources I use,...."

Is this anything like the secret sauce and do we all have to place our hands on the bible and take the oath to never divulge those super secret sources? You don't have to worry. I can keep a secret unless there's a lot of money (or even a little) involved or the threat of me getting in trouble somehow no matter how minor .. Wink just don't threaten to have a little girl hit me. I break every time to little girls..

Uh.............what?   Confused
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In other words, Andre should be a fine backup, as long as we never need him to play?   Ninja

Right? Andre turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. He certainly hasn't played like a 1st Rounder, and he won't be remembered as one of our best OTs ever. Has he impressed anyone this off-season?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I just noticed my rep is at 6669, which is the mark of the sexual beast. Just sayin.

There, you're holy again.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Winston to the house!
Reply/Quote
well we have been asking them to do things differently...so in our first 4 cuts we get 2 under contract veterans in Gillberry and Winston and 2 drafted rookies in Elliott and Dielman.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I understand people like Elliott, but Bullock won the kicking job. What stings worse is whiffing on both 5th round picks.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's putting a lot of faith in a walking body cast.

Im mad that we wasted a 5th round draft pick to ultimately decide we were going to stick with the guy we already had on the roster.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
NYG cut Josh Johnson. So Bengals can put Driskel on IR, trade McCarron, and bring back Josh Johnson as backup QB. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fanbases like young guys they can imagine being great over vets they know are average.  We usually see this with QBs, but kickers aren't immune to the optimism it seems.  It's the kicker version of "We know what we have in XXX, let's see if the young kid is the next (insert great player here).

I get that, but I'd think most people would be more interested in what's good for the team, rather than getting so invested in 1 player.

Jake Elliott was setting up to be a major liability, and fwiw, kickers don't develop like QB's. It seems either they have it or they don't.

(09-02-2017, 12:52 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im mad that we wasted a 5th round draft pick to ultimately decide we were going to stick with the guy we already had on the roster.

Lets be honest though, our 5th round picks rarely do anything anyway. I'd rather cut our losses now than sit through a season watching him shank kick after kick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Somebody probably already mentioned it, but Eric Winston and Wallace Gilberry are the first two cuts.

If Winston is out, we have to get a backup tackle somewhere...right?

It would be a little scary, but I think they believe Andre Smith is the backup at both tackle spots....gulp. 
Reply/Quote