Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
(09-01-2017, 04:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sometimes with offensive lineman it's the scheme they are in. Evan Mathis was average here and went to the Eagles and became the best Guard in the league.

Mathis also found some interesting pharmaceuticals and a trainer...ever seen the before and after pics?  Different dude altogether than when he was here. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 06:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Browns just cut Osweiller, like I predicted long ago. They still owe him 16 million, but got the Texans 2nd round pick next year. So basically they paid 16 million for an extra 2nd round pick. At first it doesnt look like a good move. But in the grand scheme of the NFL and the money involved, I can see that kind of move happening more and more to get extra draft picks.

They had the money.  They had to spend the money.  Brilliant move.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Saturday September 2nd, 2017 at 4:00pm is the deadline for all teams to have a 53 man roster.

They currently have 83 on the roster, with two going on the suspension list. They will have 28 cuts happening in the next 25 and a half hours.

I will update all cuts here in this post as they come through my tweeter feeds and other secret sources I use, like ESPN, NFL.com, and Bengals.com. This isnt to prevent multiple cut threads being created, as some cuts deserve it. But merely for those folks that have much busier lives than I do to come in here and get an overall update on who is going.

Cuts: none as of 11:30pm  tonight

Thanks Millhouse for creating the thread.  Now I'll know exactly where to look after the deadline!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 06:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Whatever, he is a fine coach.. well respected in the field... has been success as Coach in college and in professional.. and has a chance of having two HOF's players under his direction.

If only his product could command some respect, on the field..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 10:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If only his product could command some respect, on the field..

Over bad and good time our line has normally better the better product on the field relative to the team so nope dont agree with your assessment of him as a coach
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 10:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Over bad and good time our line has normally better the better product on the field relative to the team so nope dont agree with your assessment of him as a coach

... What?  WTF
Reply/Quote
Last night I had a dream that Jake Elliot made a 61 yard FG in the season opener for us.

So, I think he wins the kicker competition haha.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They had the money.  They had to spend the money.  Brilliant move.  

Agreed. How could anyone think otherwise? In the middle of a slow and methodical rebuild, they used available cap $ to essentially buy a 2nd round draft pick. 

They certainly didn't need their cap space to use on free agents (they're rebuilding), so they used it towards the rebuild. 

This is an example of creativity we could never dream of seeing from Mike Brown.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Winston and Gillberry are the first casualties.

Edit: Nick Vigils brother just became available also.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
"will update all cuts here in this post as they come through my tweeter feeds and other secret sources I use,...."

Is this anything like the secret sauce and do we all have to place our hands on the bible and take the oath to never divulge those super secret sources? You don't have to worry. I can keep a secret unless there's a lot of money (or even a little) involved or the threat of me getting in trouble somehow no matter how minor .. Wink just don't threaten to have a little girl hit me. I break every time to little girls..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Saw tweets where Gilberry and Winston will be among the cuts today. Not official yet though

(09-02-2017, 10:02 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Thanks Millhouse for creating the thread.  Now I'll know exactly where to look after the deadline!  ThumbsUp

I did it just in case they started to make cuts like other teams, but Im guessing a big lump at once will be announced.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
3 former Bengals, Alfort, Thomson and Wright all cut by Cleveland.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:30 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Looks like Winston and Gillberry are the first casualties.

Edit: Nick Vigils brother just became available also.

Yep just heard the same from Josina Anderson.

Gilberry I thought had a shot until MJ showed some ability rushing from the interior.
I wonder who would play OT if both Fisher AND Ogbuehi were injured/terrible. As of right now, I see Andre Smith at one OT spot, maybe shift Hopkins to the other?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: 3 former Bengals, Alfort, Thomson and Wright all cut by Cleveland.. 

If these guys can't make it to Cleveland's 53-man, it's a sign there were/are not good. Glad none are Bengals anymore.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So Gilberry and Winston are gone. Only another 30 or so names to be coming out soon.

My main curiosities are who gets brought back after Driskel and Peerman go on IR and who's the kicker? Bullock won the job, but I can't see them cutting a 5th rounder.
Reply/Quote
Just saw Jim O say Dielman got the axe. Hoping he clears to bring him back on PS.
Reply/Quote
Winston and J.J. Dielman have been the first two official.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
JJ Dielman is cut, dont get this one.
Reply/Quote
How long before we here Winston is out of work because he supports Kaepernick?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 11:50 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Just saw Jim O say Dielman got the axe. Hoping he clears to bring him back on PS.

He wont, another team will get him, and he'll end up a good player. Why? Because Piano Man logic.
Reply/Quote