Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
(09-02-2017, 02:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Late round pick, hopefully not a 5th!

Guessing it will be a 7th that could turn into a 6th.
Reply/Quote
Jake Elliott was simply a dumb pick
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Practice squad possibly?

(sorry if this was answered already. i'm not going thru all these pages then coming back to answer if it wasn't)

Assuming he clears waivers, I think he will be on the ps.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Sir, are you suggesting that the great Paul Alexander doesn't have a clue as to what the f*** he's doing when it comes to eyeing talent? 

IF you force any offensive line coach in the NFL to use 4th Round picks and find a starting Center in Year 1 it won't have good results.

Just think if the Bengals signed a free agent Center?

While I'm not PA fan...our offensive line has given up relatively few sacks over the Dalton years for how little the team invested in it.
Reply/Quote
D. Cox is cut. He showed some talent. Hope he makes PS.

Also, Tra Carson. Bad move.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski 2m2 minutes ago
More
#Bengals will release DeShawn Williams - Sims, Atkins, Billings & Glasgow will be the tackles.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
It looks to me like they're deciding who they want to keep on the roster first. These are their toughest decisions. There will be a glut of the guys who just didn't make the grade.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:54 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: James Wright and Devon Still were cut as well. Former Bengals are dropping.

Kind of makes one wonder just how good the Bengals really are at picking talent, just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
The Patriots just traded Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for Phillip Dorsett. Weird trade. Guess the Colts are scared of Tolzien.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski  2m2 minutes ago
More
#Bengals will release DeShawn Williams - Sims, Atkins, Billings & Glasgow will be the tackles.

The tweet was poorly worded.  The bolded should have been earlier in the sentence.  I about fainted reading that we will release Williams, Sims, Atkins, Billings...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:05 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: The Patriots just traded Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for Phillip Dorsett. Weird trade. Guess the Colts are scared of Tolzien.

Tells me Luck won't be ready for some time...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote: Giants cut Mike Nugent so he's available should we decided neither Bullock or Elliott worked out    Sarcasm

Wouldn't surprise me since Mikey likes to bring back former players who are no longer capable of playing in the NFL's 31 other teams.
Reply/Quote
Rolling into the season with 3 nose tackles when nickle defenses are your starting defenses is strange.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:47 PM)Shady Wrote: D. Cox is cut. He showed some talent. Hope he makes PS.

Also, Tra Carson. Bad move.

Yeah, liked Cox and especially Carson. Hopefully both make it to the PS.

With cutting Cox maybe we are making some room for TJ Ward?

(09-02-2017, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski  2m2 minutes ago
More

Not really a surprise.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:12 PM)Derrick Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me since Mikey likes to bring back former players who are no longer capable of playing in the NFL's 31 other teams.

If we bring Nugent back I swear....  Rant
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rolling into the season with 3 nose tackles when nickle defenses are your starting defenses is strange.

Haven't seen much from Glasgow this Preseason but in college he shown a touch of a pass rush.

Same with Billings, atleast these guys aren't one trick ponys like Peko and now it seems Sims.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:02 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nah im good without Josh.

WTF is this jerky video? Moreover, WHY?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haven't seen much from Glasgow this Preseason but in college he shown a touch of a pass rush.

Same with Billings, atleast these guys aren't one trick ponys like Peko and now it seems Sims.

They are not pass rushers. 
They just aren't.

If you have two of the 3 NT kept on the field at the same time, teams will audible to spread it out and throw all day
Reply/Quote
Carson on season ending IR? WTF thought he was just a little nicked up.
Reply/Quote
RB Jeremy McNichols was already cut. With Carson and Peerman out, might be worth a look. Really liked the kid.
Reply/Quote